Why the Pegula hate?

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't live in Buffalo and I don't follow the Sabres as closely as the Bills. i don't understand where the Pegual hate is coming from? Is there more to the story than just the current state of each team? The Sabres successfully complteted the tank and look on the rise - thwarted by injuries to their three best players. Pegs missed on Rex but that probably has more ot do with having too much faith in Brandon the Circus Clown. Looks like he has moved correctly moved the GM into the top power position. You can argue he should dump Whaley too, but the best coordinators are available to interview this week. It is unlikely he could have signed a top GM so quickly.

Again is there more to the hate?

No, what you are seeing is the flawed character of some people; the lack of reasoning skills in some others; and an agenda by a newspaper that, to my eye, seems to be personal. I don't have a problem with fans being unsatisfied with the product. None of us are. But people throwing insults around on social media, etc. is, as my mother would say, is "low rent and no account."

The Pegulas should retain Lynn as HC next year and tank the season for the 2018 draft.

They need a year of breathing room to get their heads together. Professional sports teams have win/loss records and when those win/loss records aren't good (Bills/Sabres) I would imagine that being forced to see that failure every day is a killer.

Another year or two of the Bills and Sabres not improving and the Pegulas might want to sell.

2018 QB Sam Darnold 6'4" 225 USC

The Pegulas are the best thing that has helped Buffalo's economy and redevelopment in almost 40 years.

The are responsible for most of the downtown upgrades. Once a true chithole. When we visit it's now fun.

As sports team owners, they seem really out of their business element.

Twice now, first with the Sabres now with the Bills they are naively listening

to flawed advice from leftover executives. In the Bill's case Ralph's ownership.The NFL has executive committees

that can guide new owners I was told. To date the Pegulas have not accepted that offer. Who knows? Maybe it blows?

Hate is a weird word. No one hates the Pegulas. But if you follow the Buffalo major

sports teams. Disappointment is non stop. With for the Bills at least. No solution in sight.

Edited by Best Player Available

Again, I LOVE the Pegulas and appreciate all they have done for our teams and our city. It's not the last time I'll say that, but the sentiment needs to dominate here. Let the negative folks go find something better.

Why the hate? Short memories.

I've lived my whole life on Long Island but was stressed at the notion of the Bills leaving Buffalo. Can't begin to imagine how that felt for locals, but now its left to the Chargers and Raiders to worry about a move. That alone could/should stop the conversation.

Moving on, the Pegulas came in and hired a high-profile coach to a long term contract. I wasn't crazy about the hire except that they got a high-profile guy and spent money. Two years in, it isn't working and they cut and run, eating the money.

And I am back to OP's question: Why the Pegula Hate?

Why the hate? Short memories.

I've lived my whole life on Long Island but was stressed at the notion of the Bills leaving Buffalo. Can't begin to imagine how that felt for locals, but now its left to the Chargers and Raiders to worry about a move. That alone could/should stop the conversation.

Moving on, the Pegulas came in and hired a high-profile coach to a long term contract. I wasn't crazy about the hire except that they got a high-profile guy and spent money. Two years in, it isn't working and they cut and run, eating the money.

And I am back to OP's question: Why the Pegula Hate?

AMEN!

Wait... Did anyone actually SAY they "hated" the Pegulas? :beer:

I know I didn't... And I'm usually the FIRST to kick-off that type of rhetoric.

Perhaps this could be more about "frustration" at the sheer amount of unproductive seasons we've had as opposed to legitimate "Hatred"... Maybe? -Anybody? :beer:

Wait... Did anyone actually SAY they "hated" the Pegulas? :beer:

I know I didn't... And I'm usually the FIRST to kick-off that type of rhetoric.

Well, it's in the thread title, so I guess you'll have to start your own next time.

The Pegulas are awesome. Their teams might be struggling but there's no hate coming from me. They've invested so much money into our city, sports and infrastructure

exactly. And it's not like they aren't trying to win and spending what they think is necessary to win. Anyone complaining about the Pegula's are really ill-informed about what a terrible owner looks like. Bob Nutting (Pirates owner) is horrendous. Pegula's are in their 3-4th year. They have zero NFL experience and kept the team in Buffalo. So lets stop the B word*ng. They'll find the right people to run the ship.

Now that I'm good and drunk, I can tell you that it feels like such a damn WASTE... A pro football franchise tied to a loyal region, FULLY capable of being energized at the slightest HINT of a successful playoff run....Hmm.... Maybe the type of hatred at work here is Self-hatred... For "buying-in" every year only to have your hopes DASHED by an organization that seems to CHOOSE cluelessness over progress.... Just Sayin' :beer:

Edited by #34fan

I don't live in Buffalo and I don't follow the Sabres as closely as the Bills. i don't understand where the Pegual hate is coming from? Is there more to the story than just the current state of each team? The Sabres successfully complteted the tank and look on the rise - thwarted by injuries to their three best players. Pegs missed on Rex but that probably has more ot do with having too much faith in Brandon the Circus Clown. Looks like he has moved correctly moved the GM into the top power position. You can argue he should dump Whaley too, but the best coordinators are available to interview this week. It is unlikely he could have signed a top GM so quickly.

I think it is a show of blindness and organizational ineptitude to keep Whaley.

It's not hatred, at least I don't think. People expected big things from this team once the Legulas took over. Instead, they look like they have no idea how to run a football team. I'll always love them for keeping the Bills in Buffalo but I also want to see this team be successful.

It's not hatred, at least I don't think. People expected big things from this team once the Legulas took over. Instead, they look like they have no idea how to run a football team. I'll always love them for keeping the Bills in Buffalo but I also want to see this team be successful.

Most people were saying, just give us a rich owner that spends money... it hasn't worked. Maybe expectations were too high ,but they aren't looking so hot right now.

The Sabres aren't on the rise. At least not yet, but at least they have a shot. For the silent minority I think just the Pegulas keeping both teams in Buffalo is enough. For the rest, they want a team that is good and wins. The Pegulas are rookie owners in 2 major sports at the same time and are not doing a great job which is to be expected. It's a lot to ask. The people who want a good team and not just a team that is in Buffalo are pissed, that's all.