THIS REALLY ISNT THAT HARD

TANK2

Heres whats gonna happen. Lynns gonna be the head coach. Tyrods gonna be the QB. Hopefully Sammys return to full time health allows the offense to be seventh or better in points per game. And we bring in a d coordinator who runs a 4-3 and puts our defense in the top ten. Problem solved. No need to overthink this.

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Heres whats gonna happen. Lynns gonna be the head coach. Tyrods gonna be the QB. Hopefully Sammys return to full time health allows the offense to be seventh or better in points per game. And we bring in a d coordinator who runs a 4-3 and puts our defense in the top ten. Problem solved. No need to overthink this.

Could very well be the case.

As simple as it sounds this is the most likely scenario IMO. The regression of the defense was the biggest problem. When the same guys have done so much more, I point to the scheme. Get Gus Bradley in here and lets go!!!

I can see this scenario unfolding. We'll see soon enough.

The defense needs a massive improvement. I expect with Tyrod that we'd honestly probably regress a bit in PPG. But if the defense can trend up we could be in the mix.

..........and we get a playoff birth.goodpost.gif ^^^ Its all that needs to happen.

If Lynn was smart if he is named HC he brings back Pettine as D.C. They worked together for 3 years in NY. Him running offense and a known commodity that made our D top 5 would pump instant credibility into the franchise and get fans excited again. Needless to say it would also help sell tickets.

I think the Bills fans would change their tune as in paper we would have proven strength on both sides of the ball.

I also believe he names Chris Palmer OC. He had had experience as OC and HC and had been Lynns right hand man through all of this.

Still not sure Lynn can run a franchise as HC with so little experience. But with respected former Coordinators and HC by his side they can assist him as he learns the ropes.

Edited by dezertbill

Agreed. Some things that need to happen in this scenario:

1. Re-sign Gilmore (despite what many think, the combination of Gilmore/Darby/Robey is very solid for the 4-3)

2. Re-sign Woods and Gillislee.

3. Re-sign ZBrown, or an alternative for WLB.

They will need a safety or two.

Other than that, it will be about providing depth from either FAs or the draft.

I'm not sure about STs? Fortunately, Lynn started his coaching career in STs.

It would be the most logical move.

I'm not sold Whaley wants Tyrod back.

In relation to Taylor's weakness of not throwing in middle, I think Lynn said something in his presser or on the JM show to the effect of "I would be really interested in (or look forward to) working with TT over a full off-season."

Of course this is how someone would see it when you don't think TT is an issue.

Because if TT wasn't an issue and they really want to keep him and keep Lynn and keep continuity then TT would be playing sunday. He isn't therefor it really isn't simple.

Of course this is how someone would see it when you don't think TT is an issue.

Because if TT wasn't an issue and they really want to keep him and keep Lynn and keep continuity then TT would be playing sunday. He isn't therefor it really isn't simple.

Not necessarily bro.

I believe Whaley simply wants to keep his options open with TT. If he gets hurt Sunday then the team and any incumbent HC would get stuck with him and his $30 mil.

If he is healthy then the Bills have the upper hand to renegotiate Taylor's deal and make it more cap friendly. If Lynn is HC I definitely see TT returning. Lynn already said as much at his press conference that he wants to see TT after an off season of further preparing. The only way that happen is if TT comes down from his price. I don't see any other team paying him what the Bills paid him so chances are Lynn may get his wish.

I believe you are correct...However after watching the decisons if this front offense dismantle a great defense nothing surprises me

Wouldn't count on it. Carrucci is reporting Taylor is sitting out practice today as the first step in planning his exit strategy from the Bills, saying he is unhappy that he is being benched. Taylor is as good as gone.

@viccarucci: This is as it appears: Tyrod Taylor has entered exit-strategy mode from moment the #Bills informed him he would be benched for Sunday.

Anyone who thinks Tyrod coming back is likely is kidding themselves. Neither side seems very high on the idea.

There you go, bye bye Tyrod.

Wouldn't count on it. Carrucci is reporting Taylor is sitting out practice today as the first step in planning his exit strategy from the Bills, saying he is unhappy that he is being benched. Taylor is as good as gone.

The ball is in the Bills' court not his.

Love it!