Bye bye Tyrod

MAJBobby

• Replies 234
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think they truly don't know yet and can't risk it one way or the other. It will matter who the HC is, who the OC is, and what they want to do at he position. Tyrod might end up being their best option still

This is a reasonable take. No way they have completely moved off Tyrod as much as some would like.

This is a reasonable take. No way they have completely moved off Tyrod as much as some would like.

And being benched is just a sign of confidence right?

And a sign of how of course they are picking up the option as some would like

Edited by MAJBobby

I don't think it guarantees that Tyrod is gone, it just guarantees that the Bills have the option to move on, if the new HC isn't feeling it.

Personally, I don't think Tyrod is 'the guy', but he is talented, and better than anyone else we have available to us right now. Unless we're feeling *really* optimistic about a draft pick or Cardale, I could see him returning.

I think it's a sign that they aren't committed to this contract. They may want input from the new HC or they may want to renegotiate in order to keep him but at a more team friendly rate. They still have no other options at QB as of now. Covering their bases. This makes sense.

I think it's a sign that they aren't committed to this contract. They may want input from the new HC or they may want to renegotiate in order to keep him but at a more team friendly rate. They still have no other options at QB as of now. Covering their bases. This makes sense.

I know it does. It is the right move. Actually should have been made three weeks ago but i get it some mathematical chance still in playoffs not gonna do it.

But does tell me two things

1. Not has happy with Tyrod as some think

2. Not sold on Lynn either

Edited by MAJBobby

It's a sign that they probably are hedging their bets. Depending on who the coach will be, the OC, etc. Of course they don't want him getting hurt before those pieces are in place and being stuck paying a guy who the new coach doesn't want. Tyrod's future in Buffalo is on the fence.

2 seasons. 26th and 31st in passing.

What else do you wannna see ?

Personally, I think something like ANY/A from Profootball reference is a better indicator of production. Just measuring total yards doesn't really tell you everything, since two equally talented QBs could be ranked different depending on play calling.

ANY/A rankings have Tyrod at 9th and 19th, averaging out to just about average. Which, the eye test tells me lines up. This year is down, imo, partially due to missing WRs for multiple games, especially deep threats.

Do I think Tyrod is a guy who can carry a bad defense? No. Do I think he is a guy that can win with an average to good defense? Yes.

We have talent on the defensive side (at least I think so). If our new DC can convince the FO that the defense will improve, I could see Tyrod coming back.

Only makes sense to you CoT guys and goes against everything you guys have been preaching and justifying as to why to keep TT.

A little butt hurt I can see

TT is bad and everyone knows it except Rex and the CoT.

I know it does. It is the right move. Actually should have been made three weeks ago but i get it some mathematical chance still in playoffs not gonna do it.

But does tell me two things

1. Not has happy with Tyrod as some think

2. Not sold on Lynn either

I agree with both points, but don't find either of them damning to TT or Lynn. Just precaution.