Breaking News: Rex Ryan and Rob Ryan Fired

• Replies 598
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

this.

Interestingly enough, the argument could be made that his entire HC career was defined by never once having a franchise QB.

Oh well...it was colorful Rex. See you on the tube.

Equally, if not more so, his HC career is defined by inheriting good teams and destroying them.

I hope that having Whaley lead the search signals a change in reporting structure. I think the HC should report to the GM. Having them equal and reporting to the owner doesn't work. I am not saying Whaley is the right guy. I am not convinced that he isn't still the bright eyed kid that can't believe he got the keys to the franchise. I would prefer old age and treachery over youth and enthusiasm but who am I to say? I don't like how Whaley tends to get cute at times. At least Buffalo should be should be an attractive destination for a HC based on the talent level if you think we have a QB.

I hope that having Whaley lead the search signals a change in reporting structure. I think the HC should report to the GM. Having them equal and reporting to the owner doesn't work. I am not saying Whaley is the right guy. I am not convinced that he isn't still the bright eyed kid that can't believe he got the keys to the franchise. I would prefer old age and treachery over youth and enthusiasm but who am I to say? I don't like how Whaley tends to get cute at times. At least Buffalo should be should be an attractive destination for a HC based on the talent level if you think we have a QB.

​Whaley leading the search mean, in all likelihood, that it'll be Lynn or someone like Lynn (a first time HC). If we were going after a big dog they would not want to report to Whaley.

The whole escapade does not reflect well on Whaley, Brandon, or the organization (organeyezation for our neighbors to the north).

Or it very well could be that the Pegulas are learning and making course corrections as they go. First time owners of a football franchise was bound to have growing pains. A lot of rights so far - making a football decision to get rid of the Ryan brothers without consideration of money, immediately naming Whaley as leading the HC search (takes Brandon out of that role, allows Whaley to own the team's future and his own).

You and a few others seem incredibly upset about these happenings but these are the right things to do. While we are at it, I am not one of those that think that Whaley is this scheming, back stabbing, self promoting schmuck. He was in the mode of 'give the coach whatever he wants to succeed' which may have been reflected the past 2 drafts. We now will truly see what a Whaley-led team looks like. In 2 years, we will have an answer. After several years, I am preaching patience.

After what happened to the Bills' D in the last two seasons, why would any team be after Rex as DC?

I was merely being kind. If I were to go out on a limb, I would say he will be a DL coordinator and nothing more.

I wouldn't be shocked if he took control of defense only and didn't have play calling split 9 ways and he ended up looking better

I dont think the results of his underwhelming D were caused by him being pulled different ways.

Edited by Fan in Chicago

I was merely being kind. If I were to go out on a limb, I would say he will be a DL coordinator and nothing more.

I dont think the results of his underwhelming D were caused by him being pulled different ways.

I was mostly implying it was in part too many cooks in the kitchen. If you include Rex we had 3 defensive coordinators last year. Hard to establish an identity that way

Mike Lombardi says in that video that the Bills' FO (primarily Whaley) views EJ Manuel as "a Ben Rothlesburger type" - and Mangini starts giggling.

If true... my word.

If that were true they would have exercised his fifth year option. It's just more media silliness.