Matt Moore?

LA Grant

I'm not necessarily convinced the team should move on from Rex & Tyrod, BUT if they do... I'm remembering that after Marrone & Orton left, my original hopes were for Darren Bevell and Matt Moore.

Considering how Moore has looked starting in place of Tanny the last two games — how would you feel about pursuing him in the offseason?

He's under contract so you'd need to trade for him but assuming he could be had for a 3rd round pick, I think he would be a good investment.

He's 32 but that isn't as old as it used to be, especially for QBs, and especially for someone who's been a career back-up. If he works out, I think you have 5 good years with him while you find the next franchise guy. Not to mention 5 good years would be more than the Bills have had from the QB position since 1996.

Is no difgerent than Tyrod needs other players to carry the game.

Now would be cheaper than TT

Not really sure what Moore did to win that game. He was barely pressured and they ran the ball at will. A few of the big plays were short throws with the WR making the play helped by horrible defensive tackling. I wasn't at all impressed with him

So very similar to out current QB at 1/3rd the cost

So what is your solution? Rather than spewing out your dislike of Taylor on every single thread - give us an intelligent option. Draft? Free Agent? Trade?

Right now (IMHO) Tyrod is our best short term option, unless C. Jones has an amazing camp next year.

So what is your solution? Rather than spewing out your dislike of Taylor on every single thread - give us an intelligent option. Draft? Free Agent? Trade?

Right now (IMHO) Tyrod is our best short term option, unless C. Jones has an amazing camp next year.

I'm pretty sure we're watching a mental breakdown unfold. To be fair it's the Bills fault.

I have many times. But this was about Matt Moore and how similar he is to our current QB

But draft me Mahomes in the 2nd and start him.

I dont lose to many points (if he plays like Wentz) i lose a total of 14EPA over the course of the year.

I know i improve passing and now have a more balanced Offense.

I also have the QB on a Rookie deal not a 16M cap his so i can improve team as well.

And i have a QB with growth room not one at ceiling.

Renegotiate Tyrod. Fire everyone that negotiated the first one. Draft a QB every year. Guys like Edwards, Fitzpatrick, Orton are not the answer. You get someone like EJ and you see they suck then get someone the next year.

Tyrod would be a fool to renegotiate. Despite the opinion of a certain core group here, Taylor would be the most in-demand free agent a would would easily get a deal north of $20MM/yr. Easily!

Yawn.... You really expect all of us to believe that you truly don't understand what Taylor actually brings to the QB position that guys like Moore just don't have? Come on man, you're TT **** is tired. Moore and Taylor aren't even in the same stratosphere and you damn well know that. Taylor helps make our offense much more dynamic and difficult to defend due to his athleticism. He forces defenses to keep a hat on him every single snap. When they fail to do that, he usually burns them bad. Is he the traditional pocket passer that every team in the NFL strives for? Hell no. Is he a better option than Moore or anyone else available to us at the moment? A resounding yes!

I've been beating the Matt Moore drum for years, but it might be too late. He'd be an upgrade over Tyrod, but so will most QBs and if we're going to go old, I'd rather go with someone better than Moore.

Yawn.... You really expect all of us to believe that you truly don't understand what Taylor actually brings to the QB position that guys like Moore just don't have? Come on man, you're TT **** is tired. Moore and Taylor aren't even in the same stratosphere and you damn well know that. Taylor helps make our offense much more dynamic and difficult to defend due to his athleticism. He forces defenses to keep a hat on him every single snap. When they fail to do that, he usually burns them bad. Is he the traditional pocket passer that every team in the NFL strives for? Hell no. Is he a better option than Moore or anyone else available to us at the moment? A resounding yes!

Explain how TT is any different than Moore

Here i will help you Legs (thats it).

Guess what Moore is a better passer so its a wash.

Now try again

I have many times. But this was about Matt Moore and how similar he is to our current QB

But draft me Mahomes in the 2nd and start him.

I dont lose to many points (if he plays like Wentz) i lose a total of 14EPA over the course of the year.

I know i improve passing and now have a more balanced Offense.

I also have the QB on a Rookie deal not a 16M cap his so i can improve team as well.

And i have a QB with growth room not one at ceiling.

Mahomes hasn't declared yet. No guarantee they can draft him if he does. Though he would be a good QB to take a chance on if they could get him.

Edited by purple haze

Tyrod would be a fool to renegotiate. Despite the opinion of a certain core group here, Taylor would be the most in-demand free agent a would would easily get a deal north of $20MM/yr. Easily!

Are you saying 20 million/year? I don't know about that. He will get a deal similar to what the Bills would be opting out of most likely. Which is just average starter money. But he would get it from some team. Jets/Browns/49ers/Bears come immediately to mind. Could be others depending on organizational philosophies on existing QB's, such as the Texans and Rams.

Mahomet hasn't declared yet. No guarantee they can draft him if he does. Though he would be a good QB to take a chance on if they could get him.

Ok another Watson

Same as TT with upside

I dont lose much

See i can let TT walk and get similar play elsewhere

I've been beating the Matt Moore drum for years, but it might be too late. He'd be an upgrade over Tyrod, but so will most QBs and if we're going to go old, I'd rather go with someone better than Moore.

I liked Moore a lot once upon a time. As a guy in the room with cardale and a rookie I'd be fine with him, and an extra $10m spent elsewhere

But I wouldn't be trying to trade for him probably

I thought I just did explain why he was different. Are crayons and a puppet show needed?

Cool his legs.

Still leads the 31st ranked passing offense. Hmmm isnt a QB supposed to be able to pass? Find and hit open WRs?

I can find any schlep to hand the ball to McCoy

Cool. Let's just make a move & go for it. What do we have to loose - another 17th year without making the playoffs?

Or we could just keep Taylor and know we'll suck on offense again. That's a better plan, for sure.

Would he be? You're confident we would be even higher than sixth in the league in scoring next season with Matt Moore at the helm? What are you thinking, maybe second? Third? I like it.

Or we could just keep Taylor and know we'll suck on offense again. That's a better plan, for sure.

Wow, sixth in the league in scoring sucks, huh? Edited by metzelaars_lives

Why do these posts still happen.

I like how our offense played last week. If we'd had Sammy and Woods all season would we be hammering incessantly on Tyrod. An offense needs to have weapons. Even Clay looked good when we had our guys back.

I would humbly suggest that the negative energy be focused on players like Gilmore who should be playing elsewhere eating up some other team's salary cap,

Would he be? You're confident we would be even higher than fifth in the league in scoring next season with Matt Moore at the helm? What are you thinking, maybe second? Third? I like it.

Wow, fifth in the league in scoring sucks, huh?

7-8 sucks.

Unless those pretty stats happen when we need them most, they don't mean schit.

Would he be? You're confident we would be even higher than sixth in the league in scoring next season with Matt Moore at the helm? What are you thinking, maybe second? Third? I like it.

Wow, sixth in the league in scoring sucks, huh?

Bet he is just as confident Moore will be 6th in scoring or higher on offense as you are that Taylor will be as well when Shady is another year older.

What is known though as a passer Moore is a better passer and that can offset any loss in Shadys legs if they happen

7-8 sucks.

Ok got it. See I would argue that in a season when you lose games scoring 25, 25, 25, 31, 24, 24 and 31 points that MAYBE, just maybe, you have a problem on defense but I could be wrong. You seem to know more about this stuff than I do so you're probably my right.

Why do these posts still happen.

I like how our offense played last week. If we'd had Sammy and Woods all season would we be hammering incessantly on Tyrod. An offense needs to have weapons. Even Clay looked good when we had our guys back.

I would humbly suggest that the negative energy be focused on players like Gilmore who should be playing elsewhere eating up some other team's salary cap,

Oo focus negative energy on Gilmore who has been FAR MORE productive than Tyrod.

See thats the issue you say Gilmore not worth the Money but TT is not worth more than 10M cap hit when you can get similar play from other QBs much cheaper than him.

Be consistent anyway

Ok got it. See I would argue that in a season when you lose games scoring 25, 25, 25, 31, 24, 24 and 31 points that MAYBE, just maybe, you have a problem on defense but I could be wrong. You seem to know more about this stuff than I do so you're probably my right.

Man compete a pass in Sea score when you need to thatbwoukd be awesome for Anti Clutch

7-8 sucks.

I beg to differ. Let me explain, you win by scoring more points that your opponent. Now stay with me here being a top 5 scoring team means something. If you are top 5 you have half the way there, now you need to focus on your defense and make sure they know how to tackle. If you improve the defense, those pretty offensive stats get you a lot of wins. Just sayin..

I beg to differ. Let me explain, you win by scoring more points that your opponent. Now stay with me here being a top 5 scoring team means something. If you are top 5 you have half the way there, now you need to focus on your defense and make sure they know how to tackle. If you improve the defense, those pretty offensive stats get you a lot of wins. Just sayin..

http://www.nfl.com/s...=PASSING_SACKED

Sort this by every statistic and see where your wonder boy falls.

Sacked the most in the league.

Between 21st and 25th for almost all other stats.

I don't know what stats you and the rest of your cult make this guy good in your eyes, but the looking at the stats that actually equate to WINNING FOOTBALL GAMES, he is horrible.

Carry on.

Oo focus negative energy on Gilmore who has been FAR MORE productive than Tyrod.

See thats the issue you say Gilmore not worth the Money but TT is not worth more than 10M cap hit when you can get similar play from other QBs much cheaper than him.

Be consistent anyway

Man compete a pass in Sea score when you need to thatbwoukd be awesome for Anti Clutch

Please name the QBs that we can expect similar play from that are available for under 10M.

Well done on both attempts at rationalization. However, it's like trying to teach trigonometry to a bunch of neanderthals at times around here.