Anthony Lynn: Should he be the next head coach?

Anthony Lynn: Should he be the next HC?  

143 members have voted

1. 1. Anthony Lynn: Should he be the next HC?

If I were HC I'd keep Lynn as OC and bring in Pettine for a lengthy DC interview with game film and detailed analysis of how he would change things, and what parts of the system he would keep.

Pettine is a great game caller as we all remember.

Except couodnt stop the run or get off the field on 3rd down numerous games either

• Replies 160
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Agree. Lots of sacks, terrible on 3rd down and against the run, particularly when the game was on the line.

The reality is the most complete and best defense this team has fielded was with Schwartz. And our Managing Partner and Owners went and tossed that right in the shitter by hiring the antiquated 46 blowhard

Rex is he greatest. And Doug is the greatest. And Russ is the greatest. And rob is the greatest. and if you dont agree you have an agenda or you just dont know the game.

Hank Bullogh was the greatest.

I vote no even though offense has done better but hen you call a reverse in OT when your team is already in macabre FG range and a TD wins when your playoff hopes are thin you don't have the decision making of a head coach

Let it go man. Bad call, but I am assuming he was going for the unexpected call, which might have worked - except for a running back that should have retired 2 years ago.

Agree. Lots of sacks, terrible on 3rd down and against the run, particularly when the game was on the line.

Yes, that was the reasoning behind Schwartz hiring as DC. He had a reputation of being good vs run and 3rd down and the results that year backed it up.

Yes, that was the reasoning behind Schwartz hiring as DC. He had a reputation of being good vs run and 3rd down and the results that year backed it up.

Yep and we immediately go elsewhere because Ownership wanted to show they are players in the big name unlike past ownership

If Lynn can put together a plan to fix the defense, then yes. He's been great overall as the OC. I do worry a bit about his in game decisions at times but he's definitely been successful.

with ALynn calling plays and the team leading the league in rushing even a semi capable defense who came up with some timely stops and turnovers would turn them into a playoff team most likely

did u think koetter would be promoted to head coach in TB? How'd that work out so far?

It was Koetter working with Winston and his offense.

Lynn is doing nothing but not breaking Romans offense we led the league running last year too. So what can Lynn hang his hat on their.

He did take a Bad Passing game and made it worse though so i guess there is that.

It was Koetter working with Winston and his offense.

Lynn is doing nothing but not breaking Romans offense we led the league running last year too. So what can Lynn hang his hat on their.

He did take a Bad Passing game and made it worse though so i guess there is that.

lynn was rb coach and asst hc the last two years, do u really think he had zero impact on the run game?

lynn was rb coach and asst hc the last two years, do u really think he had zero impact on the run game?

Yep Lynn made Shady. Not the other way around. Ooo wait nevermind.

15 years RB coach takes Roman getting scapegoat by his Boy Rex to get a OC shot to just do what Roman did last year.

Love hiw it is never Shady in the Tyrod thread Shady is so good because of Tyrod. In the Lynn thread Shady is so good because of Lynn

Maybe just maybe we have an Elite RB with a gery good Run Blocking OL.

More credit goes to Kromer than Lynn

Edited by MAJBobby

Yep Lynn made Shady. Not the other way around. Ooo wait nevermind.

15 years RB coach takes Roman getting scapegoat by his Boy Rex to get a OC shot to just do what Roman did last year.

Love hiw it is never Shady in the Tyrod thread Shady is so good because of Tyrod. In the Lynn thread Shady is so good because of Lynn

Maybe just maybe we have an Elite RB with a gery good Run Blocking OL.

More credit goes to Kromer than Lynn

stfu. I never said that u stupid !@#$

I'm leaning more and more to yes. He makes some head scratching play calls at times but his unit is rolling. I wouldn't want to mess with that. Slide Kromer over to OC and keep continuity on that side of the ball. Hire Gus Bradley to be the DC and draft a big-play safety.

I forgot Kromer had been an OC.

That mix wouldn't sound so bad.

And I think Lynn could be on a relatively short leash because he wouldn't have the "new" excuse.....but he would get the extra set of OTA's to work with.

I think this would be a PERFECT rebound job for Gus Bradley as DC to try to rebuild his reputation. The talent is a fit for what he's done.

No because he will retain the whole coaching staff minus Rex.

On offense sure...But what makes you think he would keep the Defensive coaches?

I'm guessing if Lynn was to get the job it will be under the understanding that anyone remotely related to Rex Ryan's schemes on Defense will not be welcome...There is no way they replace Rex and keep parts of his Defensive staff around...If they do I'll go on record right now to say how completely moronic that idea is...

No question if Lynn (or any other HC prospect) was to keep any remnants of Ryan's defensive coaching staff, defensive philosophy, defensive anything, I'm dead set against that hire...I just don't think it's even remotely possible... B-)