A Rex Apologist Says Enough

Also,

Bills franchise 200 yard rushers allowed prior to 2016 season: 3

After 2016 season: 6

Just a jokes.

Serious question: is this the worst run defense in the history of the franchise? Seems to me that if you allow as many 200 yard rushers in one season as you did in the entirety of the rest of the franchise's history, it's in the running.

It is guaranteed but Pegula can afford to eat it. Although he may be eating a hockey coach contract soon too.

Yeah, so far his dive into professional sports hasn't really worked out from a win/lose perspective, but I imagine he's still making money off both teams so that's probably what matters to him most....Maybe TBDer's can set up a "Go Fund Me" drive to help him off-set some of the money to buy out the contract...... :cry:

He's not a "wonderful man". He's a con artist. He creates controversy in order to take the spotlight off of his continued failings.

He's a fat Donald Trump with a whistle.

Agreed

There were more than a couple plays today where we had 3-4 guys at the line, the linebackers were five yards back AND the DBs were playing way off the receivers. There is zero reason for that. That is letting them do whatever they want.

Sounds almost like a prevent and that helps to.....

run the clock?

Edited by Manther

It is guaranteed but Pegula can afford to eat it. Although he may be eating a hockey coach contract soon too.

he should fire Rex and Bylsma at the same time one buffalo news conference to start the new year. BOth have been failures. SUre Bylsma was coaching a Tank team however that's over now and he and his system don't seem to be working

Serious question: is this the worst run defense in the history of the franchise? Seems to me that if you allow as many 200 yard rushers in one season as you did in the entirety of the rest of the franchise's history, it's in the running.

plus in the early years of the franchise teams ran the football I. Today's NFL to give up this many 200 yard rushing games is a joke

Has to be one of the worst. Seriously, I remember being so upset about how bad George Edwards run defense was. Felt like they couldn't stop anything.

This is worse.

The Miami QB had 30 pass attempts. The Bills had no sacks. Other teams have kept Jay Ajayi in check in recent weeks. Rex knew it was coming and he could not scheme an adjustment. If our D can't stop Miami this year what changes next year with the same D. The DC and D scheme must be changed.

On a positive note Miami's D can't be looking forward to facing Tyrod, Shady, TD Mike, Clay, Sammy & Incognito again next year. Hopefully the O we saw on Saturday was a glimpse into the future.

I dont really know that much about football but Ive made a study of leadership. I knew Rex had to go after the London game. He is a soft coach who doesnt hold his players accountable. Take the week off guys, how often are we in London? Terrible play? Blame it on jet lag. Stupid penalties? Wear a wrist band. I know we lost, but you guys worked hard, take Monday off. Again.

I naturally have the "nice guy" leadership style and it works when you have committed people under you but is the WORST leadership style to have when people are only self-concerned. This team is largely self-concerned and Rex has done nothing to bring them around to a team mentality. He just shrugs his shoulders week after week. No accountability, no change. In pro football, nice guys finish last. Or 8-8.

Being the "nice guy" boss myself, I would have no business running a team of self-concerned prima donnas and neither does Rex. I hear Coughlin is a disciplinarian, that is what a team like this needs.

I will preface this: I like Rex Ryan. He seems to be a wonderful man to grab a beer with. I enjoy the spirit and enthusiasm to which he brings press conferences. I think that his antics take pressure off players and onto him. This is in no way an indictment of his personal character, or political affiliation, or his media savvy,

But Jesus Christ on a ham sandwich, this is a nightmare.

It is hard to tear down the coach with the best win/loss record since Wade Phillips, but this Dolphins game was enough for me. If you want to rag on Lynn for the idiotic choice to run that Reggie Bush reverse, I feel you. But so much of this game was decided early.

The tackling. The tackling was terrible. A few broken ones are to be expected, especially when talented players are involved. Gronk is special. Shady is special. Bell is special. But what we say today was a fundamental, top down, bottom up failure on pretty much every level.

When your OC gets close to 300 yards rushing, say what you will about Taylor's viability long term, Lynn long term, but they are not the over-riding problem today. The defense today showed fundamentally poor tackling technique. They have, over the course of two seasons, been poorer than 2014. We are moving backwards, even as we have improved on offense.

I'm sorry. I feel dirty saying this, but Rex is not the answer on defense. Screw injuries. Lawson being injured was replaced with LorAx having a Pro Bowl season. Ragland going down has been filled by Zach Brown, who has very solid. That doesn't change a top 5 defense going to the bottom half.

Jesus, blow it up.

how did the players forget how to tackle is my question? I mean really, how does that happen?

I dont really know that much about football but Ive made a study of leadership. I knew Rex had to go after the London game. He is a soft coach who doesnt hold his players accountable. Take the week off guys, how often are we in London? Terrible play? Blame it on jet lag. Stupid penalties? Wear a wrist band. I know we lost, but you guys worked hard, take Monday off. Again.

I naturally have the "nice guy" leadership style and it works when you have committed people under you but is the WORST leadership style to have when people are only self-concerned. This team is largely self-concerned and Rex has done nothing to bring them around to a team mentality. He just shrugs his shoulders week after week. No accountability, no change. In pro football, nice guys finish last. Or 8-8.

Being the "nice guy" boss myself, I would have no business running a team of self-concerned prima donnas and neither does Rex. I hear Coughlin is a disciplinarian, that is what a team like this needs.

I was a nice guy boss too. Thats fine when you have someone above you who will drop the hammer.

Rex is not a HC type of fellow. its simple as that

The Miami QB had 30 pass attempts. The Bills had no sacks. Other teams have kept Jay Ajayi in check in recent weeks. Rex knew it was coming and he could not scheme an adjustment. If our D can't stop Miami this year what changes next year with the same D. The DC and D scheme must be changed.

On a positive note Miami's D can't be looking forward to facing Tyrod, Shady, TD Mike, Clay, Sammy & Incognito again next year. Hopefully the O we saw on Saturday was a glimpse into the future.

Maybe Preston Brown and Gilmore could tackle some one. You sure it was scheme?

Agreed. I have been on the fence with Rex. I even voted to keep rex bc i expected a redeeming effort vs the Fins. Not only did he not redeem himself, this might have been the worst defensive performance of the season. With the season on the line this is how our D plays? Im sorry. I like Rex, but he has to go. Monday. Fired. Bye.

Yeah, this game for me may have been the last straw even though I was of the opinion to give him one more year. The biggest disappointment is you have a back up QB so you know you can stack the box, dial up pressure and force Moore to beat you. It's unreal to me (especially after Ajay's last performance against us) that you know he's getting the ball and you still can't stop them. Then we have 10 guys on D in OT which was a huge mistake and ultimately falls on coaches. My last big issue, you have 3rd and 3 late in OT and you've gotten shredded all day. Your playoff chances are already slim even with a win. You have the #1 rush offense in the league. Why would you not have the mentality that you are going to run the ball and if you don't make it, run it again on 4th and short. To punt in that situation is a crime.

I have to admit I was wrong about Rex. I wanted this to work but it's clearly not. They can't beat playoff caliber teams at home, They can't stop the run at all anymore, They can't even get 11 guys on the field in time. What other team in the league does that as much as Buffalo? I tried to buy into the continuity idea, but this is the bad kind. I don't think Rex can successfully change at this point. Plus, for as much credit as the national media likes to give him, isn't his best single season record 9-7? No more excuses.. seen enough. Move on...

Not blitzing on the first 2 plays of the dolphins game tying drive sealed it for me. Moore luckily under threw a wide open WR on 1st down. Then Moore had all day to throw again on 2nd down and completed a 15 yard pass basically putting them in field goal range. Moron Rex then decides to bring pressure and Moore did nothing the next 2 plays. Rex not detailed enough to win in today's NFL where a couple plays or mistakes in Rex's case decide games.

Rex always goes soft at the end of halves & at end of games.. I'll bet we blitz less often than half of the coaches in this league.

He's not a "wonderful man". He's a con artist. He creates controversy in order to take the spotlight off of his continued failings.

He's a fat Donald Trump with a whistle.

If he was more of a thief and set up a foundation to sell out the state dept. and the country for money, I would liken him more to a taller Hillary.

Do give back your therapy dog and your mood coloring books. Come out of the crying room. You can still blow bubbles but you have to get them at Toys R Us. It's ok.

Edited by Bill from NYC

I hate the Idea of starting over. I think its a huge mistake regardless of coaching problems. Also, when you constantly have 2 guys in the backfield in position to make tackles behind the line and the guy still rips off 60 yard runs then scheme isnt the problem. Tackling is. All that said, the decison to punt in OT is too much for him to overcome. Im a rex guy but that was high school stuff there and he blew it. I still dont want it to happen, but hes done after that.

Seriously WTF!?!

Apparently the Bills only had 10 guys on the field on The long OT run.

He runs the most disorganised team in the NFL. And his defenses !@#$ing blow.

Goodbye Rex.

This is the icing on the cake .... all of those coaches on the sideline and they can't get 11 on the field in a game where they were playing for the probable future of the coaching staff? Inexcusable.... no way does that happen on a Bill Bellicheat team and if it does somebody is let go on Monday as they were accountable.