Wentz

Can't argue with this; I was hardly dazzled by Wentz last night but he does show potential. The question is will he learn from his mistakes and grow next year and beyond. I think there's a good chance of that happening.

Thanks for getting the point. It's wasn't to knock Wentz. I'd be very happy to have him as our qb.

But man, some folks are so inconsistent. I think too many people just want to be right. Wentz was basically Tyrod or EJ last night.

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Wentz went 5-1 in his first 6 games looking like a star. EJ couldn't string two good games together in his whole career. Terrible argument.

TIL wins and losses are solely a QB stat!

People love to say that Tyrod was exposed after coaches got film on him. Why don't they say that about Wentz? Wentz looked great. Against the Bears and Browns. In 3 of those 6 games Wentz passed for 190, 179, and 138 yards.

My reactions watching last year's draft interviews:

Wentz looked like a guy who was ready to rock n roll and throw punches. Exuded confidence.

Goff looked like a scared kid.

Doesn't mean that will carry over the the NFL but Wentz seemed totally unfazed.

That's a great point. Your teammates feed off the qb. It's also why Mike Glennon should never be mentioned as a starting NFL qb.

My reactions watching last year's draft interviews:

Wentz looked like a guy who was ready to rock n roll and throw punches. Exuded confidence.

Goff looked like a scared kid.

Doesn't mean that will carry over the the NFL but Wentz seemed totally unfazed.

Wentz is a couple of years older.

I watched the game - and it was totally a Tyrod style game. 150 yards passing 1 td 1 int. The won because they had enough of a run game, and got some big plays on defense.

Outgained 470 to 286 on offense. And we're praising the QB? They got 7 first downs through the air and 15 total. 33% on 3rd down.

What are people praising?

What's his record now? EJ had a 4th quarter led against the Pats, beat the Panthers with a comeback drive, & beat the defending SB champs in his first 3 starts.

But you missed the point again. Not surprising.

The point was that some people who hated EJ like Wentz? And that proves something, I guess? Even though player evaluation is notoriously subjective and there are many differences between them?

Slow down man. These are revelations; I don't know the football world can take them.

I watched the game - and it was totally a Tyrod style game. 150 yards passing 1 td 1 int. The won because they had enough of a run game, and got some big plays on defense.

Outgained 470 to 286 on offense. And we're praising the QB? They got 7 first downs through the air and 15 total. 33% on 3rd down.

What are people praising?

Ya, quarterbacks really need to stopped be judged purely on wins and losses. Football is a total team game. Is alex smith a better than Philip rivers and drew brees because his team is going to make the playoffs. Is Ryan tannehill better than Cam newton.. Wins and losses should be factored in when judging a QB, but ultimately football is a team game. The QB is the most important part of the team, but for people to just praises QBs for wins, and rip them for losses is wrong as there are soo many factors in a football game. Peyton Manning was atrocious in last years playoffs but they won because of the defence and run game

Ya, quarterbacks really need to stopped be judged purely on wins and losses. Football is a total team game. Is alex smith a better than Philip rivers and drew brees because his team is going to make the playoffs. Is Ryan tannehill better than Cam newton.. Wins and losses should be factored in when judging a QB, but ultimately football is a team game. The QB is the most important part of the team, but for people to just praises QBs for wins, and rip them for losses is wrong as there are soo many factors in a football game. Peyton Manning was atrocious in last years playoffs but they won because of the defence and run game

Yeah - that NE game Peyton made a few plays in the first quarter. Then refused to throw that back breaking pick that NE was looking for.

I agree with a lot here.

Wentz has a lower ypa than Tyrod

Wentz has as many passing tds as Tyrod

Wentz has zero rushing tds to Tyrod's 6

Wentz has a worse Qb Rating (not QBR)

Wentz has a worse QBR

Wentz has 8 more ints than Tyrod

Wentz has a worse int % (in case you wanted to blame his more ints on more attempts)

However posters say Wentz is a "franchise QB" and Tyrod is the worst QB in the league - I'm looking at you Ryan L Billz :flirt:

I also agree on Bradford. How do so many teams keep giving up a 1st rounder for him?

You can roll with Tyrod. I'll roll with Wentz, in two years Wentz will be in playoffs while Tyrod is a backup on the Rams or Browns.

Eagles have no run game no OL and butterfingers mcgee at WR1,2, and 3

You name the terms on the Wentz/Tyrod bet and I'll accept them.

I think Wentz will be elite within a few years. Same as Jameis.

They said the same thing about Bortles in his first year

Who is this they ? Are they named John From Hemet ? Edited by Ryan L Billz