Opinions on most of the games on Christmas Eve

Personally I hate for selfish reasons. We always go to 4 pm mass (we're catholic) and that is where the elementary school kids do their little mini nativity play. They are so cute the little 2nd graders, and my middle son is still an alter boy in 9th grade so he is serving mass. They do the mass in the elementary school hall so they get at 1500 attendees. It would be like the size of Our Lady of Victory.

This means I miss the second half of the Bills as you have to get there 45 minutes early to get a decent seat, and the first half of the Bucs as I live in Tampa, and they are playing hot right now.

So these are all of my selfish reasons I wish they only had maybe two games on Christmas Eve, and the majority on Christmas. Everyone cooks at home for Christmas so all of us could enjoy the games while the girls are cooking the Turkey and mashed potatoes.

I'm sure all the season ticket holders are happy, but didn't know if everyone loves it the way they scheduled it. I'm sick of talking about Rex and Whaley. Every possible this has been said on this board as I've read most of your comments, and a lot of good opinions.

Anyway, I thought I would change it up.

I could swing New Years Eve or New Years Day with no problem. Christmas was always going to be a non starter for me. On one hand I hate the idea of Christmas Eve/day games, but on the other hand it gave me a chance to show my wife I value the big family traditions over football traditions. I actually came out of this pretty good. Thanks NFL!

Personally I hate for selfish reasons. We always go to 4 pm mass (we're catholic) and that is where the elementary school kids do their little mini nativity play. They are so cute the little 2nd graders, and my middle son is still an alter boy in 9th grade so he is serving mass. They do the mass in the elementary school hall so they get at 1500 attendees. It would be like the size of Our Lady of Victory.

This means I miss the second half of the Bills as you have to get there 45 minutes early to get a decent seat, and the first half of the Bucs as I live in Tampa, and they are playing hot right now.

So these are all of my selfish reasons I wish they only had maybe two games on Christmas Eve, and the majority on Christmas. Everyone cooks at home for Christmas so all of us could enjoy the games while the girls are cooking the Turkey and mashed potatoes.

I'm sure all the season ticket holders are happy, but didn't know if everyone loves it the way they scheduled it. I'm sick of talking about Rex and Whaley. Every possible this has been said on this board as I've read most of your comments, and a lot of good opinions.

I am with you. I hate it. But both Christmas eve and day provide a huge issue for me, as I can't fritter away 3 hours to watch at the expense of the family. I have no idea what I am going to do this year; maybe tivo it and watch it super late at night?

But let me ask you this: who in their right minds can actually physically go to games on Christmas Eve and Day? You probably have to have zero family committments to pull that off. One would think the NFL and teams would be better off making all of the games this week be on Thurs, Friday, and Monday nights.

I got permission to go to the game this weekend if I want to. With the holiday I don't think it will be crowded, and should start emptying out around halftime no matter how close the game may be. I did go the last time there was a CE game (Denver) and it was a nice change of pace from the normal holiday routine. If it was a late game, 4pm or night game, I would not go.

I got permission to go to the game this weekend if I want to. With the holiday I don't think it will be crowded, and should start emptying out around halftime no matter how close the game may be. I did go the last time there was a CE game (Denver) and it was a nice change of pace from the normal holiday routine. If it was a late game, 4pm or night game, I would not go.

The upper deck was practically empty by halftime. I was there too

If you didn't go to church you would have more time for important stuff... Or even more fun non important stuff.

You want me excommunicated from my family? I'd be dead. DVR as well, but not the same as they always have the ticker at the bottom so you know the result. I like the excitement of whether we can do it.

My solution is all the games would be played at 4PM local time on Christmas Day ...so the 4PM games out West become the night games.

The Christmas day game becomes a 3PM Christmas Eve game.

I always look at it from a fan attending the games though...they always look at the fan watching on TV..which i get.

What about the players? Think they want to be with their kids Christmas morning?

I was thinking about this earlier. I don't remember the last time there was a Sunday Christmas Day and therefore don't remember how they scheduled the games. From the other posts it sounds like they moved them all to Christmas Eve in years past.

I don't know what the attendance is in Dallas and Detroit for the annual Thanksgiving games but it seems popular. I guess it is a tradition if you live in those parts to go to the games. The rest of the leagues problem is Christams only falls on a Sunday every 7 years.

For me, this Saturday may get a little dicey. I am going to my Girlfriends families house for Noche Burna aka Christmas Eve for Cubans and other hispanics. They are all dolphins fans.

What gets interesting is the Christmas Eve party is at 6:30. I am going to show up early to watch the game and help roast a pig. By the time everyone shows up I will most likely be hammered and either happy with a win or miserable with a loss.

I am with you. I hate it. But both Christmas eve and day provide a huge issue for me, as I can't fritter away 3 hours to watch at the expense of the family. I have no idea what I am going to do this year; maybe tivo it and watch it super late at night?

But let me ask you this: who in their right minds can actually physically go to games on Christmas Eve and Day? You probably have to have zero family committments to pull that off. One would think the NFL and teams would be better off making all of the games this week be on Thurs, Friday, and Monday nights.

I have tickets to the game Saturday. I would of went if my son if the Bills were in better position to make the playoffs. Christmas Eve we have our families over but They usually don't come over to about 5 or so it would of been doable. All you have to have is a semi understanding wife. Christmas would be a tough one for me. Noway I could pull that one off unless it would be a night game. Then maybe I would be able to sneak away.