If QB is one of the primary concerns--how can it be fixed?

The Big Cat

Somebody's gotta start in 2017  

109 members have voted

1. 1. Pick whichever option(s) you would endorse

• Call up Cardale
    • Retain EJ
    • Retain TT at $27.5M
    • Retain TT at a negotiated cut
    • Bring back Fitz
    • Sign another FA (specify in reply--KIRK COUSINS WILL NOT BE AVAILABLE)
    • Trade for Romo or sign him if he's released
    • Trade for Jimmy G
    • Trade for Sam Bradford
    • Trade for a young backup hiding on another team's roster (specify in reply)
    • DRAFT BABY DRAFT (specify in reply)

I think you have to keep everything intact for 2017 which means bringing back both TT and Rex Ryan for 3rd season. Extending TT is going to hurt but there aren't any other realistic options out there at QB. We're not getting Romo. Wish we could get a glimpse of what Cardale can do though. Do that for the short term and Draft Baby Draft!

• Replies 153
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't think Cincy let McCarron walk. They may be ready to move on from Red Rifle

Don't forget Woods in the slot. Hunter would probably be a BIGGER factor too. Makes you wanna drool

Been saying since July 2015: all this team needs is a top 18 QB to be a contender.

I generally agree with you but he does throw INTs at bad times. But you're probably right.

Would you trade a 1st for him?

First? Hell no. Second? In a heartbeat.

He can't walk yet anyway, they'd need to trade for him. I don't disagree though, their price may simply be too steep for us.

I don't see Dalton going anywhere. But I'd give this year's second and next year's third for him to be on our squad.

McCarron is the classic case of the backup being the most popular guy in town. There is nothing special about him. Review him in the playoffs last year. If they had Dalton, they might have won a SB last year. He was on fire before he got hurt.

See: Jones, Cardale

Oddly there is some truth in this...

Of course there is.

I think our best option to win now is to trade for Sam Bradford. He looked pretty good until the Oline there got completely destroyed and he has, historically, been one of the most accurate passers in the league. Additionally, I do not think that he would come at an enormous cost as some other options may. I just hate how weird his eyes are. Would they take a 4th for him? If so, it's a no brainer to me. Highly dependent on whether Bridgewater is on pace to be ready for next year's opener.

I don't think any of our QBs have it. Cardale never did anything to ever impress me at Ohio State. His accuracy has been and remains a huge issue. TT I would be OK with keeping on the roster at a much lower, negotiated rate. I would also be fine with keeping EJ at backup money. I believe both of them are a better backup option than Cardale, but neither is going to get us the top prize.

I would also welcome the drafting of a QB. Didn't really pay too much attention to Trubisky or Mahomes yet, but I know with certainty that I want nothing to do with Kizer, Kaaya, or Webb. Watson is still very intriguing to me and I think Kelly has some real Favre in his game with his play making ability, fiery attitude, and on-field leadership capabilities. I would welcome him as a 3rd round pick.

Edited by Mark80

I think our best option to win now is to trade for Sam Bradford. He looked pretty good until the Oline there got completely destroyed and he has, historically, been one of the most accurate passers in the league. Additionally, I do not think that he would come at an enormous cost as some other options may. I just hate how weird his eyes are. Would they take a 4th for him? If so, it's a no brainer to me.

I don't think any of our QBs have it. Cardale never did anything to ever impress me at Ohio State. His accuracy has been and remains a huge issue. TT I would be OK with keeping on the roster at a much lower, negotiated rate. I would also be fine with keeping EJ at backup money. I believe both of them are a better backup option than Cardale, but neither is going to get us the top prize.

I would also welcome the drafting of a QB. Didn't really pay too much attention to Trubisky or Mahomes yet, but I know with certainty that I want nothing to do with Kizer. Watson is still very intriguing to me and I think Kelly has some real Favre in his game with his play making ability, fiery attitude, and on-field leadership capabilities. I would welcome him as a 3rd round pick.

Bradford made the ballot for a reason...

I think the Bills will go after Nick Foles if his option isn't picked up by KC. He'll compete with Cardale. I think Cardale likely needs another year of seasoning (if then). The Bills will also draft another QB after round 3.

I'm not saying this will work, I'm just throwing sh!t on the wall.

1) Hope Cardale is somehow the real deal.

2) Draft someone and hope they are the real deal.

3) Sign a free agent and hope the reason they were available isn't because they are terrible.

4) Trade for a QB another team is willing to let go.

I'd say keep Taylor and ask him to restructure is #5 but there is no reason he'd do that. Not when he could cash in with free agency.

Edited by PromoTheRobot

The proper step would have been to play Cardale the last three meaningless games and see if he gives any hope. Now that, that option is gone and assuming they think he is at least two years away from even a consideration. Sign Sam Bradford or Jay Cutler draft a flyer in round 3 or 4 and roll the dice.

The proper step would have been to play Cardale the last three meaningless games and see if he gives any hope. Now that, that option is gone and assuming they think he is at least two years away from even a consideration. Sign Sam Bradford or Jay Cutler draft a flyer in round 3 or 4 and roll the dice.

no way - PLAYOFFS BABAY!!!!!!!!!

New England has drafted more QB over the past decade than the Bills! Buffalo over that period hasn't found a QB but NE has had no need. They see a player whom they feel they might be able to use as an asset later they grab him. \

The Bills should be drafting a QB every year in round 3-6 until we have one. In most cases the guy can be stuffed on the practice squad for a year or if you are worried than he's a 3rd stinger who isn't active for games - ie: see Cardale this year.

As for right now, why is the world did the Bills give that contract to TT? They could have slapped the franchise tag on him for net year and saved money. You can't pay TT 27.5M for his production. However, are there better options? I doubt it, so try ot redo his contract and get his cap number down to 15M with big bonus for passer production and wins!

Then whomever the QB coach is, teach him how to go through progressions and for crying out loud, stop happyfeeting your way into sacks! Stand in the pocket and make a play down field!

Been saying since July 2015: all this team needs is a top 18 QB to be a contender.

First? Hell no. Second? In a heartbeat.

I don't see Dalton going anywhere. But I'd give this year's second and next year's third for him to be on our squad.

See: Jones, Cardale

Of course there is.

What player do you see having more of an impact in the first than Rivers?

Dont forget about his huge contract

A draft pick AND his huge contract

Gotta spend money to make money. Being cheap about QB's is why we are here. Edited by jmc12290

Draft 1 or 2 QB's.

Using those draft picks means we'll have to try and address some weaknesses via Free Agency but until we get the QB situation fixed this team is headed anywhere from 6-10 to at best 9-7.

The defense won't be good enough to carry the crappy offense just like this season. No QB = continued mediocrity.

Improve the offensive line and get another legitimate target and suddenly the QBs we have will start looking better. A big reason why Prescott is having such a good year is the offensive line is probably the most dominant I've ever seen in the NFL. They are beating up defensive lines.

I understand he has a NTC, but if you're Rivers and you look at how talented this Bills team is offensively would you waive it? This Bills team currently is comparably talented to the teams Rivers was going to AFC title games with LT and Gates. Knowing that you have a short shelf life, why wouldn't you waive the NTC clause. Also, SD is thinking of moving to LA/Vegas and Rivers was known to not want to have his family living in those environments. It's worth a look.

no, because his team is just as talented offensively. He's starting to turn into West Coast Fitz though with his pickfests