Throw us a bone obnoxious Sully

4merper4mer

Sully claws at the Bills every week. Some agree with him, some disagree, but there is no denying he is obnoxious. He sure seems anti-Bills.

In a Bills neutral effort to get publicity during the Super Bowl he asked stupid questions of Cam Newton and persisted.

How about a shot at a Bills enemy for a change? Just once, for Christmas?

How about he asks this question to Adam Gase during the weekly opponent pre-game press con call:

Was the cheap shot that ended Aaron Williams career a designed play or did Jarvis Landry do that on his own?

He could drum up publicity for himself again and be anti-Dolphin for a change.

Edited by 4merper4mer

I do not classify Sully as a writer

Sully's a great writer.

You may not like his editorial opinions, or general stance toward the team...

But don't criticize his writing.

You know, like he knows the difference between they're and their and a whole lot more!

:lol:

Sully's a great writer.

You may not like his editorial opinions, or general stance toward the team...

But don't criticize his writing.

You know, like he knows the difference between they're and their and a whole lot more!

:lol:

Sullivan's grammar and sentence structure are generally fundamentally sound, which is more than you can say for Gleason, but the content of his writing is pedestrian, at best.

Sullivan's grammar and sentence structure are generally fundamentally sound, which is more than you can say for Gleason, but the content of his writing is pedestrian, at best.

Good point. About the only satisfaction I get from the few Sully musings I read is knowing he actually uses proper sentence structure and grammar.

As for the content..... like someone on TSW recently said: negative articles get more clicks, and clicks pay the Bills.

I long for the days when reading Larry Felser articles on the Bills! Now there was a writer!

Larry would be carving this organization up.

He was friends with Ralph Wilson and still never hesitated to criticize him and he was the writer who termed Ralph "mercurial".

It's hard to put into perspective how bad missing the playoffs for 17 years is.

Back in the 70's and 80's when it was harder to turn around an organization than the parity of today.........the Bills never came close to a decade of missing the playoffs.

The dark days of the 80's were SHORTER than the Buddy Nix/Doug Whaley years of futility.

Why there are a few people out there always looking to downplay the futility I do not know.

Edited by #BADOL

Good post. Why not rip on the fish? They have been a nearly equal disaster this century. And the Jets have given some incredibly juicy material to poke fun at many many seasons.

Man I miss Felser too. But it is easier to write something positive about the home team when you have a normal cycle of making the playoffs every 4-5 years. I remember growingn up in the 70s & 80s when My father and uncle used to complain that it was a tough time period to be Bills fan. Ahh the good old days.

My crappy luck. That I have 3 idiot sisters who married a Fish fan and 2 completely ignorant Patriots fans between them. Neither of those morons knew what a 1st down was until NE fell into TB & BB. Now they're experts. Seeing the whole family over the Holidays for the first time in about 2 years. Christmas is going to get ugly after a few drinks. God I hope the Bills kick the heck out of Miami to save a little dignity.

And I live in So. Florida with a 11 year old daughter and 1/2 her friends like both NE and MIA. Same kids say their 2 favorite teams are Dolphins and Patriots. My daughter tries to explain to them that they must be retarded to lime 2 teams in the same division. But they don't get it.

Sorry to go Off. Some pent up issues, in case you can't tell.

Shame on the BN for not being shills for the team. :ph34r:

It would be pretty impressive to blow sunshine up everyone's arseholes for 17 straight non-playoff seasons and sell it such that fans actually felt it was dripping sincerity. And to do it with no end in sight. It's mind boggling. What a challenge that would be. Holy !@#$.

Actually, maybe it's good that they shoot the fish in the barrel. It gives a focal point for Bills fans' frustration, even if it is ad homenim.

Shame on the BN for not being shills for the team. :ph34r:

It would be pretty impressive to blow sunshine up everyone's arseholes for 17 straight non-playoff seasons and sell it such that fans actually felt it was dripping sincerity. And to do it with no end in sight. It's mind boggling. What a challenge that would be. Holy !@#$.

Actually, maybe it's good that they shoot the fish in the barrel. It gives a focal point for Bills fans' frustration, even if it is ad homenim.

My disdain for Sullivan specifically, and TBN sports coverage in general, has nothing to do with them being critical of the team. It's just poor sports coverage by no better than mediocre writers/columnists.

Gleason is terrible. The next cohesive collection of thoughts he puts together in print will be his first, and it would be overshadowed anyway by his eye-gougingly horrible written language skills.

Sullivan, as an opinion piece writer, doesn't know the sport, has only one overarching opinion (that he is smarter than everyone else, and therefore he is entitled to aim vitriol in whatever direction he so chooses) - and he deigns rehash this singular opinion in a painfully formulaic way. When you read anything he writes, an exercise in futility that I mostly gave up years ago, it is the SAME article over and over again, just with a different target and slightly different insults. And to suggest it has only been happening for the last 17 years is uninformed, because he was writing the same piece in the Super Bowl years.

I used to like both Graham and Carruci, but there must be something in the water, because both of their second go rounds have been plagued by the same dwindling professionalism and blasé writing. They don't seem cut out for the modern day technology new cycle with the increased volume expectation.

Being an out of town sports fan that catches few games, having to rely on TBN for a significant chunk of the coverage is nearly as frustrating as being a Bills or Sabres fan to begin with.

Sully claws at the Bills every week. Some agree with him, some disagree, but there is no denying he is obnoxious. He sure seems anti-Bills.

In a Bills neutral effort to get publicity during the Super Bowl he asked stupid questions of Cam Newton and persisted.

How about a shot at a Bills enemy for a change? Just once, for Christmas?

How about he asks this question to Adam Gase during the weekly opponent pre-game press con call:

Was the cheap shot that ended Aaron Williams career a designed play or did Jarvis Landry do that on his own?

He could drum up publicity for himself again and be anti-Dolphin for a change.

Has he been wrong about the Bills and their missteps? He isn't negative he is being accurate.

Larry would be carving this organization up.

He was friends with Ralph Wilson and still never hesitated to criticize him and he was the writer who termed Ralph "mercurial".

It's hard to put into perspective how bad missing the playoffs for 17 years is.

Back in the 70's and 80's when it was harder to turn around an organization than the parity of today.........the Bills never came close to a decade of missing the playoffs.

The dark days of the 80's were SHORTER than the Buddy Nix/Doug Whaley years of futility.

Why there are a few people out there always looking to downplay the futility I do not know.

If I recall correctly - and I think I do - Felser wrote a frothing-at-the-mouth column after the 52-17 SB loss to Dallas in which he said that Levy needed to be fired.

If I recall correctly - and I think I do - Felser wrote a frothing-at-the-mouth column after the 52-17 SB loss to Dallas in which he said that Levy needed to be fired.

Misty water colored memories of how positive the Buffalo media used to spin disappointment. :lol: