Living in the shadow of New England

Nitro

Living in the shadows of New England and Belichick is tough. I looked back at the start of the Bills lack of lay off appearances. In 2000 the Bills finished 8-8 while NE was 5-11 after that this is the sobering numbers. Since 2000. the Bills are 112 wins and 158 losses in 270 games. The best three seasons, record wise, is now. 2014-2016 season they have 24 wins 22 losses. Last 3 seasons with a winning record was 1998-2000. This the best football this team has played in years. In that same stretch New England is 199 wins and 71 losses. Bills would have to win every game for 5 and 1/2 seasons to get to 199 wins. For a Bills fan, that is stomach turning. As a fan of the team for a half century, this futility is tiresome.

There are 14 other games a year, and 7 of them at home. Those are the reasons we don't make the postseason. 4-3 at home again this year. Can't make the playoffs without taking care of business here.

This. Plus the fact that the Bills have had, since 2000: A. coaching instability and, B. QB instability ie failure to get a franchise qb!

You should know better.

I do, the fact you don't know that Ernie wasn't in his current role till the last "puppet master" left for KC and well guess what that one flamed out to.

BB genious isn't in finding talent fit his system. (He is good at that) but rather 2 different things:

1. Adapting the system to fit the players talents. BB was a 3-4 guy but now uses 4-3 reg among other things on D as an example.

2. He isn't married to his high draft picks. If you suck for a 2 years you are gone if no improvement inbyear 3. Numerous examples of this just on D.

BB the COACH makes BB the head of Ops and GM look smart.

Edited by PatsFanNH

I do, the fact you don't know that Ernie wasn't in his current role till the last "puppet master" left for KC and well guess what that one flamed out to.

BB genious isn't in finding talent fit his system. (He is good at that) but rather 2 different things:

1. Adapting the system to fit the players talents. BB was a 3-4 guy but now uses 4-3 reg among other things on D as an example.

2. He isn't married to his high draft picks. If you suck for a 2 years you are gone if no improvement inbyear 3. Numerous examples of this just on D.

BB the COACH makes BB the head of Ops and GM look smart.

#1 is right on the money. The Patriots "way" is whatever way works from year to year, game to game. There is no "system".

This sounds like whining to me.

They have a great coach and a great QB.

They make very few mistakes.

They adjust their schemes to fit the available talent.

We have a new owner committed to change, which will take time.

We should be trying to emulate that instead of whining like a kid who didn't get what he wanted on Christmas morning.

This sounds like whining to me.

They have a great coach and a great QB.

They make very few mistakes.

They adjust their schemes to fit the available talent.

We have a new owner committed to change, which will take time.

We should be trying to emulate that instead of whining like a kid who didn't get what he wanted on Christmas morning.

Pointing out a fact how two organizations differ in success is not whining. Bills have a history since Polian left of being a poorly run franchise.