The current Bills have no idea how to play in the snow

YoloinOhio

That's just one game Shazier played, I think is his point.

which one, IU? that is just one I remember off the top of my head. Unless you go back and look at the weather from each game in his 3 years and conclude that,feel free. Only used him as an example because we just played him. These kids practice and play in snow, bitter cold, and wind every season.I don't know why it's news unless people just like to argue?

It's not just big 10 of course. MAC and even big 12 get into snow games. In fact OU-WVU was a snow game. Baker Mayfield was impressive in that game.

Edited by YoloinOhio

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Can cardale play in snow?

he played in that Minnesota game in 2014 (garbage time). Otherwise only if he hit a snow game in the Ohio HS playoffs (which are typical).

Edit - I don't think he played in snow in college due to timing of his games. Game I was thinking of was Illinois not minny.

Edited by YoloinOhio

The ability to practice in snow is hampered by the CBA...the Teams are only allowed so much practice time each week. They need to install the game plan for the next week, and indoors with good conditions makes sense for that activity. there isn't an extra hour a couple of times a week to go out and run plays in the snow, sleet, rain etc. since the weeks practice allotment is used up. This is a case where the union negotiated to the players desires....and won. And, the quality of the game has suffered...as the players are less ready. We didn't get a ticket price reduction when they decided jointly to degrade the quality of the game.....its one of the reasons I am not renewing my 4 tickets next year.

All i know is that Big Ben played like dog poop vs us in that weather.

Anyone else notice that TT took his visor off during the game? You could tell he probably hasnt played in many snow games.

i think our pass D played well vs Ben. I had looked up Rex v Ben last couple times he played him with Jets and he had defended him pretty well. Road Ben is not great. Problem is - not news of course - our D has rarely been able to stop the pass and the run at the same time unless we are playing a crap team. If it's a team with offensive talent we get burned on one or the other. Edited by YoloinOhio

The grounds crew needs to learn how to clear snow off turf also.

We NEED new turf or just grass - I've never seen more players slip a critical times then on our field. Then there's the back rubber incident from last week, just not a good look!

This is my number 1 non-player ask!!

All i know is that Big Ben played like dog poop vs us in that weather.

Anyone else notice that TT took his visor off during the game? You could tell he probably hasnt played in many snow games.

Probably so he could see his receivers better, or not! :w00t: 71 yards passing through 3 1/2 quarters, he's a joke! :w00t:

We NEED new turf or just grass - I've never seen more players slip a critical times then on our field. Then there's the back rubber incident from last week, just not a good look!

Yeah - consistently the worst rated artificial surface in the NFL. Maybe ahead of one of the indoor grass fields because they grow it outside and put it on in chunks. I think Arizona grows theirs outside, and its on a track and they bring the whole thing into the indoor stadium.

Look at the amount of professional teams using "A-turf titan" http://www.aturf.com/play-level/professional-sports/

Then you look at the fieldturf website:

"Voted top artificial turf surface by the NFLPA for 10 consecutive years

22 NFL teams play or practice on FieldTurf"

Edited by dneveu

I agree. The field when wet is very slick. Smooth plastic blades of grass and water don't make for a good playing surface.

Look at the amount of professional teams using "A-turf titan" http://www.aturf.com/play-level/professional-sports/

Then you look at the fieldturf website:

"Voted top artificial turf surface by the NFLPA for 10 consecutive years

22 NFL teams play or practice on FieldTurf"

Exactly, telling link and stats. Just pull up the old turf and burn it to appease the gods! 🔥🔥🔥

In the Steelers game the Bills looked like they were playing in snow for the first time. I realize the snow wasn't plentiful in WNY until recently and not sure how much time they've had to be able to practice in it. But it was pretty noticeable. Are they practicing in it this week? Because it's supposed to snow again on Sunday.

A lot of the players we've drafted and signed in FA are from the south or warm climate schools. McCoy is the exception. I've always advocated the Big 10 should be more of a focus for cold weather teams. Leveon Bell and Ryan Shazier were the best two players on the field and they both played in weather and snow for years before going into the league. Shazier is from Miami but had 3 years of weather in college. Thoughts?

This topic comes up every few years. The bottom line is that, even in Buffalo, so few games are played in significant snow, that it probably doesn;'t make a difference where you draft players from. They should never consider what the weather was in college when drafting. Doesn't make sense. College ball (regular season) is over by December so even the Big 10 rarely sees a snowflake during its season.

Did the Steelers practice in the snow for that game? Doubt it. Is their roster from the Big 10? Hardly. The Bills D just doesn't want to play hard.

Weather update for Sunday. I predict record low pass attempts for these two QBs. El oh effing el. Wind plus two running QBs vs two bad run Ds.

@DanWXTWCnews

No #snowgame but chance for passing snow shower, temps falling into 20s & gusty winds @SalSports #BillsMafia