The best offensive player in '17 draft, please Bills

Estro

This guy is the best WR in the upcoming draft, and the best overall offensive player in the draft IMO. It's exactly what the Bills offense needs. I know, I understand, we need a QB first, I'm just not sure there's one worth a 1st rounder.

Corey Davis, on the other hand, will be a premier WR in the NFL and quickly. I'm all about building an offensive juggernaut and that starts with a real QB, and restocking our WR's, which are pretty bad.

Corey Davis, WR, Western Michigan

Height: 6-3. Weight: 205.

Projected 40 Time: 4.52.

Projected Round (2017): 2-3.

12/3/16: On the year, Davis has hauled in 83 receptions for 1,283 yards and 17 touchdowns. He has continued to impress with his route-running, hands, size and quickness. Davis is a polished receiver who would be a great fit in a West Coast offense.

Our WRs are pretty bad? Well, okay, if you say ao.

You think they're good?

12/3/16: On the year, Davis has hauled in 83 receptions for 1,283 yards and 17 touchdowns. He has continued to impress with his route-running, hands, size and quickness. Davis is a polished receiver who would be a great fit in a West Coast offense.

That round 2-3 projection is la la land. He's a sure fire 1st rounder, #1 WR, probably top half of the 1st round, IMO.

This guy is the best WR in the upcoming draft, and the best overall offensive player in the draft IMO. It's exactly what the Bills offense needs. I know, I understand, we need a QB first, I'm just not sure there's one worth a 1st rounder.

Corey Davis, on the other hand, will be a premier WR in the NFL and quickly. I'm all about building an offensive juggernaut and that starts with a real QB, and restocking our WR's, which are pretty bad.

QB

https://walterfootball.com/draft2017WR.php

Can't find any film of him wide open waving his hands at his QB. Not a good fit for Bills Ball.

You think they're good?

That round 2-3 projection is la la land. He's a sure fire 1st rounder, #1 WR, probably top half of the 1st round, IMO.

Slow and not facing elite competition in college. No way in hell is he 1st round. Edited by jms62

Slow and not facing elite competition in college. No way in hell is he 1st round.

Every draft guy and scout I follow on Twitter has Davis as a first round pick. Walter Football is a joke as far as scouting goes, that round 2-3 projection is way off.

The competition level has nothing to do with it at WR. Antonio Brown went to Central Michigan. Julian Edelman was a QB at Kent State. Greg Jennings went to Western Michigan and was top WR before injuries did him in

Every draft guy and scout I follow on Twitter has Davis as a first round pick. Walter Football is a joke as far as scouting goes, that round 2-3 projection is way off.

The competition level has nothing to do with it at WR. Antonio Brown went to Central Michigan. Julian Edelman was a QB at Kent State. Greg Jennings went to Western Michigan and was top WR before injuries did him in

So you cherry pick 3 players. Two of them are marginal and the other was drafted in round 6 as your justification to spend a valuable number 1 on someone from small school that quite frankly is a bit slow. Seems like all your draft guys want to be the cool guy in the room that find the diamond in rhe rough but fail far more often than succeed. Just my opinion though.

CBS has him at 23rd overall and the 4th best WR prospect. Honestly, I haven't started to look at prospects in earnest (and most sites are still updating player evaluations with this season's tape) but from what I've just read, Davis would be a great fit here. I don't think I'd call him the best offensive player in this year's draft, but he's certainly worthy of consideration for our first round pick.

He looks great, but from a team-building perspective, it doesn't make a lot of sense to draft a WR in the first when any 2 of these are true:

1.) You don't have an established QB

2.) You've already spent heavily on a WR

3.) You're more than 1 piece away

I think all 3 are true right now. Good WRs are important, but they basically come around every year, and if they pan out, they need to get PAID. So if we're going to trade Sammy, or we're sure we'll let him walk rather than sign him to big bucks, a guy like Davis would make some sense. Or if we're in a spot where Davis makes us a contender for the 3-ish year window where we have both him and Sammy, that would be a great move. But I think we're a ways away from there.

I like this guy alot, but the top rated wideout in the 2017 draft is Mike Williams from Clemson. Since he's from Clemson, he's almost a sure fire Bills pick.

So you cherry pick 3 players. Two of them are marginal and the other was drafted in round 6 as your justification to spend a valuable number 1 on someone from small school that quite frankly is a bit slow. Seems like all your draft guys want to be the cool guy in the room that find the diamond in rhe rough but fail far more often than succeed. Just my opinion though.

I didn't cherry pick, I picked wide receivers from the same conference as Davis. My "draft guys" work for major networks. I believe just the other day it was Daniel Jeremiah from NFLN saying that he has Davis as his #3 WR but wouldn't argue with anyone who has him rated #1.