Open letter to the Buffalo Bills

First and foremost, I want to applaud you for your tireless efforts to remain a product that generates mild nausea at the mere mention of your upcoming schedule during the season. Your dedication to running off any semblance of talent, or coaching potential is a model for all others to follow with the desire to remain a punching bag in their respective sports leagues. It is a testament to your hard work and determination to bring to life an NFL version of the Washington Generals, for, without this work, the likes of Ryan Tannehill and Ryan Fitzpatrick would not have remained paid employees of the NFL, which I am sure they have not appropriately sent you letters of gratitude. How you remain diligent at beating the odds at actually fielding a winning product is truly amazing.

After crunching some numbers while drinking away another gutless performance, I found through some very scientific algorithms that you are defying the odds at winning to the tune of it being statistically easier to actually defy gravity. yes, really.

So, now on to my plea. please, please PLEASE!! Do not try to win any more games this year, for it will prove nothing and ruin your chances at reaching the lowest winning percentage of all professional sports by one franchise in it's history. I know with your continuous efforts, we can climb that list, and this season's pathetic victories can be reversed if you just try. so, to summarize, PLEASE keep doing what you are doing, I know you can get there!

Keep on snatching defeat from the Jaws of victory, there's one more river ahead for you to Drown in!

See you Sunday,

Homey D.Clown

Edited by Homey D. Clown

Keep on snatching defeat from the Jaws of victory, there's one more river ahead for you to Drown in!

See you Sunday,

Homey D.Clown

I just wanted to point out, that the river in Cleveland would allow the Bills to simultaneously drown and burn, though given this keystone kops krew, they'll probably only do one or the other

I still maintain the Bills are the worse run Franchise in the History of the NFL. You can mention Jacksonville and Cleveland and other wack teams, but Im talking about the full history of its franchise let alone the last 16 years.

Yesterday I had the inlaws over since the game was on TV. Once again they laughed and questioned why I cheer for a loser team. By halftime, most were outside in the yard or in the living room chatting. My brother in law has not seen the Bills win a game yet. Here in Brazil, they usually play the Bills on TV when they are up against a good franchise. ( I.E. Pitt, Pats, Dallas, etc...) I believe in the last 10 years my Broinlaw has watched about 15 games. Seriously, he has never seen them win.

Oh well,

March on Buffalo Bills, March on!

Edited by PO16FFS

......AND

for the record.... Cleveland's all time winning percentage is 51.3% to Buffalo's 46.1%

So... we really have no place to make fun. AND... that's not taking into account the Raven's seasons at all. If you take out 1988 - 1993, which looks like an anomaly to this(Bills) franchise's history, their all time percentage drops to 42.8%

Keep on keepin' on!!

When it's too tough for them, there's no fight in us!

......AND

for the record.... Cleveland's all time winning percentage is 51.3% to Buffalo's 46.1%

So... we really have no place to make fun. AND... that's not taking into account the Raven's seasons at all. If you take out 1988 - 1993, which looks like an anomaly to this(Bills) franchise's history, their all time percentage drops to 42.8%

Keep on keepin' on!!

Is this the Cleveland Browns overall, or just the current franchise?

On the other hand, if the Bills do suffer "it" on Sunday, that means they'll probably move up in the draft. Next to suffering a losing season, there's nothing worse than watching another Bills' draft slowly implode over the following summer/fall.

Hmmmm. I like watching us play, this team is fun for me. Tyrod's slippery runs, Shady and Mike great tandem, Sammy is back. We average 24 or so points a game which is above average.

You know there is no chance of winning a championship without a stud qb right? Maybe you thought there was a way it could be done since Baltimore did it once like 20 years ago, but I never did. That's whats making you so frustrated, you're forgetting the big flaw in the NFL is that we can go several years without college football producing a single elite qb for the pro game.

So until you get lucky in the draft with a qb, you need to just enjoy watching the ACTUAL GAME of football and the x's and o's of the battle and stop worrying about a championship because its not happening with some free agent qb.

Football is like life, its about the RIDE man. Im laughing at all these people dumping tickets for $20 right now just because we aren't going to the playoffs. Gonna miss a really fun home game showing by the boys. Too bad you can't enjoy it.

Hmmmm. I like watching us play, this team is fun for me. Tyrod's slippery runs, Shady and Mike great tandem, Sammy is back. We average 24 or so points a game which is above average.

You know there is no chance of winning a championship without a stud qb right? Maybe you thought there was a way it could be done since Baltimore did it once like 20 years ago, but I never did. That's whats making you so frustrated, you're forgetting the big flaw in the NFL is that we can go several years without college football producing a single elite qb for the pro game.

So until you get lucky in the draft with a qb, you need to just enjoy watching the ACTUAL GAME of football and the x's and o's of the battle and stop worrying about a championship because its not happening with some free agent qb.

Football is like life, its about the RIDE man. Im laughing at all these people dumping tickets for $20 right now just because we aren't going to the playoffs. Gonna miss a really fun home game showing by the boys. Too bad you can't enjoy it.

Who is talking Championship? I'm talking about 1 EFFIN PLAYOFF GAME!

I agree with Webster guy that the Bills have been fun to watch this year. Even in our losses there have been several high points within the games. I've missed a number of games live, but have enjoyed fast forwarding through the low points. Even the Steelers game was enjoyable the last 10 minutes of the game.

As an optimist, I see some of the close losses to good things as a positive. In previous years we were getting creamed by the better teams and I still take pleasure in taking down the Patriots (without Brady) on their home turf.

Go Bills win out!

Yeah I will pass. Freezing my ass off watching the 2 worst run franchises over the past decade play is not my idea of fun. I have 2 tickets if anybody wants them. You couldn't pay me to go to this game.

There's nothing fun about watching a team that never amounts to anything. At this point I hold out more hope that life on Mars will be discovered soon than a Bills SuperBowl victory, and I don't care who plays QB for the Bills when they do find that green little fella.

This. It still amazes me how people talk themselves into the Bills being a contender every year.

And as for QBs coming out of school, to the extent they are produced you can be sure they won't be drafted by the Bills. They've managed to draft two capable QBs in 50 years and not one since Kelly.

How bout a defense? Which one is easier to obtain? Which one did we have two years ago before the ringling brothers showed up?

I'm amazed at some fans takes sometimes...

I'd say it's harder to obtain a defense good enough to overcome a below average QB than it is to obtain a QB good enough to overcome a below average defense. If you don't have the quarterback, having a good defense is nice but ultimately irrelevant.

This is a healthy perspective. If you can't get some enjoyment out of watching these guys than why do it?

I still maintain the Bills are the worse run Franchise in the History of the NFL. You can mention Jacksonville and Cleveland and other wack teams, but Im talking about the full history of its franchise let alone the last 16 years.

Yesterday I had the inlaws over since the game was on TV. Once again they laughed and questioned why I cheer for a loser team. By halftime, most were outside in the yard or in the living room chatting. My brother in law has not seen the Bills win a game yet. Here in Brazil, they usually play the Bills on TV when they are up against a good franchise. ( I.E. Pitt, Pats, Dallas, etc...) I believe in the last 10 years my Broinlaw has watched about 15 games. Seriously, he has never seen them win.

Oh well,

March on Buffalo Bills, March on!

I'm too lazy to look up the exact number, but our all time win record is something like .470. It may not be the lowest, but it's clearly below the average of .500.

I guess that's we're so thankful for the Levy-Kelly years. Take those out, and we probably drop to .450.

Any of you watch the Super Bowl last year?

Manning was !@#$ing atrocious all year.

I'll repeat. Did you watch the Super bowl last year? Or the Broncos at all last season?

I sure did; thanks for pointing that out and proving my point. It takes a defense the level of the Broncos in 2015 or the Ravens in 2000 to overcome a below average QB. If you are insinuating the Bills 2014 defense was within a hundred miles of the quality of those teams, you are delusional.

So as I said, it's easier to find a good QB than it is to create an all time great defense.

First and foremost, I want to applaud you for your tireless efforts to remain a product that generates mild nausea at the mere mention of your upcoming schedule during the season. Your dedication to running off any semblance of talent, or coaching potential is a model for all others to follow with the desire to remain a punching bag in their respective sports leagues. It is a testament to your hard work and determination to bring to life an NFL version of the Washington Generals, for, without this work, the likes of Ryan Tannehill and Ryan Fitzpatrick would not have remained paid employees of the NFL, which I am sure they have not appropriately sent you letters of gratitude. How you remain diligent at beating the odds at actually fielding a winning product is truly amazing.

After crunching some numbers while drinking away another gutless performance, I found through some very scientific algorithms that you are defying the odds at winning to the tune of it being statistically easier to actually defy gravity. yes, really.

So, now on to my plea. please, please PLEASE!! Do not try to win any more games this year, for it will prove nothing and ruin your chances at reaching the lowest winning percentage of all professional sports by one franchise in it's history. I know with your continuous efforts, we can climb that list, and this season's pathetic victories can be reversed if you just try. so, to summarize, PLEASE keep doing what you are doing, I know you can get there!

See you Sunday,

Homey D.Clown

I question the legitimacy of your algorithm. Games are not and never have been a coin toss...

I look forward to the Bill's game every week. I have since 1965. I laugh and cry and get mad but always get over it. They are my team and always will be. A very negative board indeed. It's football. What happened to all the "Thank You Terry for saving our team" fans on this board?

......AND

Keep on keepin' on!!

Wait, you cherry-pick out the good years and the percentage drops? Wow, never would've figured that.

What happens if you take out the worst years instead? No, don't tell me, I'm gonna put new batteries in my calculator and spend a few hours figuring it out.

Not that there's not reason for frustration and unhappiness. But the whole idea that if you cherry-pick out bits of the stats, what they tell you will change is neither revolutionary nor useful in any way.

I didn't say Below average. I said he was atrocious. The Tyrod led offense is a lot better then the Broncos offense. The Bills defense of 2014 is not as good as that 2015 Broncos defense but again they were very good.

That 2014 defense with this offense would be a playoff team. No question.

Four 4th quarter comebacks for Peyton last year. Four game winning drives. Not as atrocious as you're remembering, though he had a few bad games and didn't have much arm strength. Still had the brains and experience to get a lot done.

Edited by Thurman#1

Wait, you cherry-pick out the good years and the percentage drops? Wow, never would've figured that.

What happens if you take out the worst years instead? No, don't tell me, I'm gonna put new batteries in my calculator and spend a few hours figuring it out.

Not that there's not reason for frustration and unhappiness. But the whole idea that if you cherry-pick out bits of the stats, what they tell you will change is neither revolutionary nor useful in any way.

Four 4th quarter comebacks for Peyton last year. Four game winning drives. Not as atrocious as you're remembering, though he had a few bad games and didn't have much arm strength. Still had the brains and experience to get a lot done.

Agreed, PM wasn't the train wreck everybody made him out to be last year. Was he putting up good numbers, no, but he wasn't costing the Broncos games either. He was smart enough to control the clock & let game be played by the defense. He wasn't EJ Manuel bad against Jacksonville where he flat out lost the game for us.

......AND

Keep on keepin' on!!

What is the Browns' winning percentage if you take out the Otto Graham years?

What is the Browns' winning percentage if you take out the Otto Graham years?

I don't know exactly when his era was, but it spanned more than a decade if i remember correctly, and I am not certain, but I do think they won a championship with a different QB/era. I'll have to dig on that... very interesting....

I always plan on watching the Bills play. They are my team. I sometimes wish I could make myself like a better team and forget them, but that will never happen.

The AFL, Rockpile, Best Street, South Buffalo, Blizzards, Skyway Bridge, Lackawana/Blasdell/Hamburg - these are all in my DNA.

I ike watching them, even when I do not like what I see. I REALLY hated watching them in person at the home opener against the Jets. It s frustrating that the Bills are so inconsistent. Next year I may go to the home opener tailgate and then leave for a pub. Why drop $300 for a couple of tickets and a motel room?

Do not get me wrong, I survive by expecting nothing from them Bills, except that they will show up for the game.

I enjoy a good scramble or a bomb and really like when Shady breaks a long run. I wanted more than anything for Tyrod to be the man. I cannot help but feel a little cheated when I see two very good teams play football. They have game plans, adjust to their opposition, execute plays, and manage the clock. When someone is hurt there is a backup plan.They play every down. Yes, they make mistakes but for most of the game they LOOK like they know what they are doing. They have coaches and leaders.

That is not the Bills. IF they had slipped into the last wild card spot it would have been embarrassing.

I will watch every game until the season is over.

Then it is "Wait until next year, one more time".

I am done handing them my money for a 50% chance to see a good football game. I will always tailgate.