Tyrod's Wonderlic: Can he run an NFL offense?

http://nflwonderlictestscores.com/how-smart-is-your-teams-qb/

Was just discussing this in the Shoutbox. Tyrod is a great kid, hard worker, devoted.

But does he have the brain (and height) to play QB in the NFL? Tyrod scored a 15

Is it worth it to keep him on the team knowing his limitations?

I honestly believe he has a tough time analyzing defenses, using audibles, and processing things quickly.

Just a spot to discuss if he has the intellect needed.

• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Having played around with the Wonderlic test last year, I can tell you that if Tyrod tried his best on the test and scored a 15, he is flat out dumber than dirt. Like the most dumb person you know kind of dumb.

I believe Jim Kelly got a 15 as well, and so did Dan Marino--who is a bonafide meathead, but those guys were great QBs. Of course, they played in an era where Ds were not nearly as complex and being a good QB required less brain power.

The funny thing is this: remember when Tyrod was first easing into things around OBD?

Everyone, I mean EVERYONE was saying how you talk to him, get to know him, and how INTELLIGENT he is.

His intelligence early on was really emphasized.

I guess that was all just bull ****, as a 15 on the Wonderlic is not synonymous with intelligence of any kind.

Edited by Fadingpain

No. He does not have the intellect.

There is not one successful QB in today's league with rocks between his ears.

It's easily predictable and it underscores how irresponsible it was to bring him here, for which Rex - not Whaley - is to blame.

Having played around with the Wonderlic test last year, I can tell you that if Tyrod tried his best on the test and scored a 15, he is flat out dumber than dirt. Like the most dumb person you know of dumb.

I believe Jim Kelly got a 15 as well, and so did Dan Marino--who is a bonafide meathead, but those guys were great QBs. Of course, they played in an era where Ds were not nearly as complex and being a good QB required less brain power.

The funny thing is this: remember when Tyrod was first easing into things around OBD?

Everyone, I mean EVERYONE was saying how you talk to him, get to know him, and how INTELLIGENT he is.

I guess that was all just bull ****, as a 15 on the Wonderlic is not synonymous with intelligence of any kind.

Yep, I got my hands on a Wonderlic type and scored a 48 without paper or pen. 15 is bizarre.

It's easily predictable and it underscores how irresponsible it was to bring him here, for which Rex - not Whaley - is to blame.

Makes sense when you have a coach that runs a era past type of football to want an era past type of QB

You do realize that Derek Carr scored like a 19-20 don't you?

Oh and Kapernick scored around 40.

http://nflwonderlictestscores.com/how-smart-is-your-teams-qb/

Was just discussing this in the Shoutbox. Tyrod is a great kid, hard worker, devoted.

But does he have the brain (and height) to play QB in the NFL? Tyrod scored a 15

Is it worth it to keep him on the team knowing his limitations?

I honestly believe he has a tough time analyzing defenses, using audibles, and processing things quickly.

Just a spot to discuss if he has the intellect needed.

I'm not sure about his football smarts, but height shouldn't be an issue. He's listed at 6'1. Russell Wilson is 5'11. Drew Brees is 6'. Aaron Rodgers, Kurt Cousins, and Dak Prescott are 6'2.

One of the problems the Bills have had drafting a QB over the last 20 years is that they value physical stature over skill and smarts.

Teams that value accuracy, quick release, and football smarts do much better drafting QBs than the Bills, who value size and arm strength over all other attributes.

That's why the team ends up with 6'5 guys who can't hit the side of a barn or find their third option.