Tyrod's Wonderlic: Can he run an NFL offense?

Drew Brees and Russell Wilson both scored a 28. They are comparable in size to Taylor. I think the difference is the fact Tyrod is such a gifted athlete he never worked on the finer points of the game. Now it's too late in the game to build a foundation again.

• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Stop it with the wonderlic stuff. Heath Schuler scored a 16 and he became a senator. Correct that he was congressmen.

And Jesse Ventura was a governor and Arnold Schwarzenegger as well.

Are you confusing raw intelligence with high elected office in this country?

:w00t:

I don't know why teams don't use testing to grade these QBs in a way that really matters.

How fast can someone process information. It never seems like you hear a Team testing this but that it what the QB in the NFL does. How fast can they process their information to make the right decision. That at the end of the day is QB in a nut shell.

Obviously the measurable mean something as well.

Jim Kelly? Marino?

Different era of football

You do realize that Derek Carr scored like a 19-20 don't you?

Oh and Kapernick scored around 40.

I couldn't care less about any stupid standardized intelligence test. However, I do think there is a such thing as football intelligence. Just as one can be a great mechanic,musician,furniture maker, etc without scoring high on an IQ test, I believe someone who isn't classically smart is capable of having soild knowledge of football. My concern is that Tyrod hasn't shown that he does understand what is happening on the field. This has nothing do with his Wonderlic score though. Derek Carr doesn't come across as being particularly bright, but he obviously understands football. I'm not sure TT does. This has little to do with the Wonderlic.

You'll never guess who has the lowest Wunderlic of all starting QBs ....

http://nflwonderlict...-your-teams-qb/

It's Tyrod!

It's funny how this sport is utterly run by 1 dimensional conventional wisdom types.

Look at Rex; the guy knows how to coach and scheme football 1 way, and only 1 way. It's how he learned it from his father I guess and that's that.

By the same token, everyone evaluates players doing the same stupid stuff and with the same stupid metrics.

My favorite is the standing broad jump.

Has it not occurred to these idiots that a QB now has to be athletic, sure, but he has to be intelligent and be able to process complex information very quickly?

You can probably figure out in 3 minutes how stupid Tyrod is, or how smart Fitz is.

If your physical specimen of a QB is dumb as dirt, don't draft the guy!

Exactly. Look at a players tape from college and you can see how capable they are of football intelligence . No need for a Wonderlic test to validate it.

But a 15??? I think they get 10 points for spelling their name correctly and inserting the date....a 15???!!!!!!!!

Ryan Nassib scored a 41!

Blaine Gabbert a 42!

OK, so the Wonderlic doesn't tell the whole picture, but it can't be ignored either.

Scoring high on the Wunderlic does not mean one will be successful at QB.

Scoring low (under 20) on the Wunderlic ABSOLUTELY means that one will NOT be successful at QB.

And does appear to be dumber than dirt. Which I guess is your point.

Hmmm..

How is Cam Newton dumber than dirt? What has he ever said or done, or how has he acted, in order for you to draw that conclusion?

Scoring high on the Wunderlic does not mean one will be successful at QB.

Scoring low (under 20) on the Wunderlic ABSOLUTELY means that one will NOT be successful at QB.

How is Cam Newton dumber than dirt? What has he ever said or done, or how has he acted, in order for you to draw that conclusion?

I agree with this...in our current NFL landscape, being dumber than a water bottle does not bode well for an NFL starter.