wine experts help.....

The Poojer

friend and i were talking and they specifically said their favorite wine was cakebread chardonnay....it's not that easy to find it in this area, anyone know cakebread chardonnay and is there something that is comparable to it...i'm not a wine expert and they are having a party next week, would love to get this or something comparable or better. thanks.

What I recommend is that you go to you local wine shop (make sure it's a good one) and tell them you're looking for something that is similar to Cakebread Chardonnay. Print up the tasting notes from Cakebread's site and show it to them.

http://www.cakebread.com/wines/10/release/chardonnay-napa-valley-2014

Or just go with what you know and buy them beer. :D

that's right, we can get wine shipped from the source to PA now, can't we.....we are almost into the 20th century

problem is PA wine is all state stores, which means state employees, which means they are there for the paycheck, not because they know wine. :-(

What I recommend is that you go to you local wine shop (make sure it's a good one) and tell them you're looking for something that is similar to Cakebread Chardonnay. Print up the tasting notes from Cakebread's site and show it to them.

http://www.cakebread.com/wines/10/release/chardonnay-napa-valley-2014

Or just go with what you know and buy them beer. :D

that's right, we can get wine shipped from the source to PA now, can't we.....we are almost into the 20th century

problem is PA wine is all state stores, which means state employees, which means they are there for the paycheck, not because they know wine. :-(

So there aren't any wine shops in PA?

they are wine and liquor stores combined run by the state, wegmans is just getting into wine sales, but its within the past couple weeks so it's still in it's infancy, we have to rely on delaware and new jersey for privatized stores

So there aren't any wine shops in PA?

Wait a second. Poojer has a friend that wants a specific wine. But he can't get the specific one and wants something very similar. Would this friend be a female of the human variety?

He used "they" and "their" for pronouns.

It's a dude.

wound up finding what I needed across the river in new jersey, quick trip there and back during lunch and i am good to go!

Great state that PA. You have to travel to another state to get a decent bottle of wine? Someone needs to tell PA the 21st century has started and wine is a big thing. Where to you go to get good beer? Oregon? :huh:

Edited by Chef Jim

I can get good wine and beer very close to me. I couldn't get that particular wine closer than 24 miles from me

Great state that PA. You have to travel to another state to get a decent bottle of wine? Someone needs to tell PA the 21st century has started and wine is a big thing. Where to you go to get good beer? Oregon? :huh:

Come on, he's got Rolling Rock!

I can get good wine and beer very close to me. I couldn't get that particular wine closer than 24 miles from me

Damn I'm spoiled here. I can drive 30 more miles than that and actually be at Cakebread Cellers winery. :lol:

Come on, he's got Rolling Rock!

And you a lot less than 30 miles to Cakebread...I assume anyway.

Edited by Chef Jim