What does keeping Rex a 3rd year accomplish?

Yeezus

What exactly does this accomplish. Why do we need stability?? You keep coaches who show progress. Rex has showed ZERO progress from 2015 to 2016.

Knowing this franchise they will end up keeping him and He will prob end up getting fired mid season or end of year. Whaley will go with him and we start over again.

The future of this franchise looks as bleak as ever right now honestly, it's so depressing. We have some talent but not good enough as the rest of the top teams in the league.

Tyrod can't play QB, Rex and his staff are awful, and Whaley has failed to properly fields successful roster

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Look how long it took the boys to succeed , they stuck with their coach & it paid off !

I don't think you sign a 5 year extension with Rex but at least 3 yrs . IF our record is better this yr than last, that would show some improvement as little as it might mean .

And where would they go for a coach ?

Syracuse, New York: Should have kept Doug Marrone and the Bills are headed to the AFC playoffs.

Doug Left there was no keeping him

CONTINUITY!

Should have hired Schwartz then.

Look how long it took the boys to succeed , they stuck with their coach & it paid off !

I don't think you sign a 5 year extension with Rex but at least 3 yrs . IF our record is better this yr than last, that would show some improvement as little as it might mean .

And where would they go for a coach ?

we haven't shown any improvement we still are a .500 team and now we know we don't have a QB.

We would get a coach the same way every Team does, what kind of question is that.

We would look at assistants and college coaches and try to pick the best one. Problem is this front office has made those mistakes before and nothing might ever change until they do.

Doug Left there was no keeping him

Should have hired Schwartz then.

we haven't shown any improvement we still are a .500 team and now we know we don't have a QB.

We would get a coach the same way every Team does, what kind of question is that.

We would look at assistants and college coaches and try to pick the best one. Problem is this front office has made those mistakes before and nothing might ever change until they do.

And if he's 3-13... do we fire him too? Or are we going for 3-13 now?

And I'm sick of hearing about Schwartz. The eagles defense isn't that good.

Edited by dneveu

not when we win

Sure u will... we won the last 2 games and everyone hated everyone. New guys will get stale and ull hate them.

We may as well have lost. It isn't criticism but vehement hate. That's why I can't stand the Tyrod haters on the board. You're not wrong, you're just annoying trying to be right.

I will support the guy while he's the bills starter, and I trust that all of the scouts coaches and front office folks know a lot more about football and evaluation than anyone on this board. If they wanna move on, go for it. If not, let's do this.

Edited by dneveu

Saves Pegula money. He is getting paid big bucks regardless if he coaches the Bills or not.

I've wondered about this before: is there any correlation between a head coach's salary and record? I'm sure there is, but that's probably because coaches with established records of success can generally command a higher salary. But that's not what I'm talking about. Strip away that confounding variable and is there really anything gained by hiring an expensive mediocrity like Rex Ryan vs. a cheapo in-house alternative, like promoting Anthony Lynn or any other anonymous assistant? I bet there isn't. If I'm right, then why hesitate to fire Rex to bring in someone else who hasn't previously been thought of as an up and coming future head coach. You'll eat Rex's salary, but the new guy will be paid at bargain basement rates. Worth a try I'd say ...