RIP Joe McKnight

• Replies 207
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I hope you are right, I hope they lock him up for the remaining of his life, but if it goes to trial and the trial is in Jefferson Parrish...strangers things have happened. George Zimmerman shot an unarmed teenager, that he initiated contact with and today he is free.

Zimmerman initiated physical contact? Really? Interesting that 'fact' was never raised at the trial. <_<

Hard to argue that. What a !@#$ed up country

I didn't realize we still had people so ignorant they continue to believe the media's fabricated story about that case even after it was completely debunked.

who gets out of a car to fight?

And that's really the issue. So many people these days just itching for a reason to become 'outraged' or 'confront' someone over any minor issue; and they are usually the ones who end up getting shot.

It sounds like McKnight was a good guy, so WTF was he doing in that type of confrontation? People need to learn to let sh-- go once in a while.

Edited by KD in CA

Zimmerman initiated physical contact? Really? Interesting that 'fact' was never raised at the trial. <_<

I didn't realize we still had people so ignorant they continue to believe the media's fabricated story about that case even after it was completely debunked.

And that's really the issue. So many people these days just itching for a reason to because 'outraged' or 'confront' someone over any minor issue; and they are usually the ones who end up getting shot.

It sounds like McKnight was a good guy, so WTF was he doing in that type of confrontation? People need to learn to let sh-- go once in a while.

those kitties spent have the hootspa to come back and visit us.

Nah. Law enforcement always lets people who kill people in broad daylight on a busy street go without charges.

Joe McKnight was a great guy who some chick worked with one time (as if that means he wasn't capable of ever losing his temper). The other dude is a scared, brutal murderer who should be executed. Welcome to today's America, where we jump to ridiculous conclusions based on little more than speculative "evidence."

This isn't a 2nd amendment issue.

And "defending your life" with a gun when the other person doesn't have one. That makes one a murderer most times and a pu$$y.

Let me ask you a hypothetical question. Someone is on top of you bashing your head on the pavement. You are legal CC and you are carrying. What wouid you do. Aaaaaaaand hi!

Y'all, huh? Just how far south of Buffalo are you, Bubba? I sure hope you are as strong on all the other rights we have as you are over the "militia" amendment. Oh, and as well-schooled as you are on Constitutional history, you probably know that it, and the entire "American Experiment," is totally, by definition, "liberal." We were founded by men profoundly influenced by the Scottish and French Enlightenments, which rejected religion and all mystical formulations as the basis of governance, instead making Man, Science and Reason the heart of our system.

BTW, the Second Amendment was a sop to the South, where fearful rich white slavers were outnumbered by their "property." Thrifty New Englanders saw it as a way to get a military force on the cheap. Today guns seem to be most loved still by fearful white men.

Holy revisionism Bat Man!

It is a little odd that "it's not fair to censor someone on the board" but at the same time you are defending a guys right to seemingly execute a man in broad daylight. I think that's where some of this got unhinged.

....well I am offended :nana:

come back... play with us. We miss you

I guess because it's Louisiana... I'm sure he will claim he was standing his ground if charged and if it makes it to trial, but amazing that he wasn't even charged yet. Gotta think he will be in the coming days, but just allowing him to walk out of there right away... pretty incredible.

more came out. Is this an Obama podium moment where you should say something but don't? We will wait

You did call me snowflake. What was that about?

we need your special opinion on this now that facts are coming out. Your feelings still matter...

That is just it, in this world, you should be able to go home even if you are a dick. You should not be killed on the road, over a minor dispute.

You are the one turning this into a 2nd amendment issue.

Most Americans believe in the 2nd amendment's existence and need. However, most gun owners believe that a firearm should be used for last resort protection, hunting, or other sporting practices. Based on what has been reported, I see none of that applying here.

would you like to rephrase anything? Maybe "you should not be approached whilst in your car by someone who is really upset and road raging? Cuz, ya know... we are curious to hear your hot takes now

That's not true. The states with the weakest gun laws have the highest aggregate levels of gun violence. But don't let facts get in your way. If you're talking about cities, New Orleans is the worst for gun violence per capita. Chicago has the most, but if you control for population, it's levels are less than many other cities. Not trying to turn this thread political, even though it's already there, but real data is important.

no one gonna let this gem fly under the radar... violent crime is down per the FBI...

Y'all, huh? Just how far south of Buffalo are you, Bubba? I sure hope you are as strong on all the other rights we have as you are over the "militia" amendment. Oh, and as well-schooled as you are on Constitutional history, you probably know that it, and the entire "American Experiment," is totally, by definition, "liberal." We were founded by men profoundly influenced by the Scottish and French Enlightenments, which rejected religion and all mystical formulations as the basis of governance, instead making Man, Science and Reason the heart of our system.

BTW, the Second Amendment was a sop to the South, where fearful rich white slavers were outnumbered by their "property." Thrifty New Englanders saw it as a way to get a military force on the cheap. Today guns seem to be most loved still by fearful white men.

hey kiddo. I know you like ripping on us southerns, you have Neil young on repeat and don't get it... but when can I tutor you in history and help you understand revising history is dangerous?

Do you even know what a "liberal" or "conservative" is? Most of those who today call themselves conservatives most definitely are nothing of the sort.

go on...

That's a good idea.

No one wants to head over to a NRA convention (PPP) to have a "balanced" discussion on gun laws

grow a pair, snowflake and say something. You think this side I'd all gun loving alt right? Why don't you participate... instead of crying victim. Go get your cratons. Go get yoursafe space and stay out of conversations yyou're not fully willing to participate in

Let me ask you a hypothetical question. Someone is on top of you bashing your head on the pavement. You are legal CC and you are carrying. What wouid you do. Aaaaaaaand hi!

You must first verify that both parties are carrying guns before either person is allowed to escalate the confrontation with fire arms. Indiana Jones is an islamaphobe who murdered that peace-luvin swordsman.

Boyst62, do yourself a favor and go back to the PPP, you don't have to respond to our posts...nor do you have to try to insult anyone, that is one of the reasons I don't go to the PPP board, I have very valid points that I believe in, much like you believe in your points. But, going to the PPP board and trying to express them is much like trying to call into Rush or Hannity, the audience attacks you.

Actually, this whole post took a terribly wrong turn, I apologize for my part. A young man who did not deserve to die, is dead today.

I hope my city doesn't fall apart.

I'm sorry. It looks like I am right. Dumbass got out of his car and paid the dumbass penalty. He's dead. He's still a dumbass. But why not come make rash decisions with inconclusive data...

We really need your takes over here.

Indeed.

Bill Cosby said something interesting about the Zimmerman matter that "appears" to apply here.

Cosby said that, if Zimmerman never had that gun, he probably never would have gotten out of his car to confront Martin and the incident never would have happened.

Here, according to the eyewitness:

"The woman said a man was yelling at the athlete, who looked like he was apologizing, when he pulled out a gun and shot McKnight multiple times. She said the shooter then stood over the fallen footballer and said, 'I told you dont fk with me' and fired one more time."

Having a gun gives certain people a sense of bravado that they would not otherwise have.

Again, whether you agree wholeheartedly with the NRA or do not, it is still an interesting point. The question sometimes is not whether you can do something (or have the right to do so), but whether you should.

The whole thing is senseless. A young man has lost his life (his family and friends have lost him) over something as trivial as a traffic incident and another guy not wanting to be "f-ked with."

those witnesses appear to be wrong. And foolish. And why the hell does anyone quote bill Cosby when talking about punk ass thug who deserves his death Trayvon martin?

Disgusting. They better charge this guy and soon. Can't believe he was released.

witnesses are usually idiots. Just as much as those who jump to conclusions.

Standing over him and firing another bullet into the unarmed guy is an execution. How can they release him?

obvious for $500 Alex. What if he didn't stand over him and shoot him.

I hope you are right, I hope they lock him up for the remaining of his life, but if it goes to trial and the trial is in Jefferson Parrish...strangers things have happened. George Zimmerman shot an unarmed teenager, that he initiated contact with and today he is free.

do you just totally regard all factual evidence to write your own narrative or do you only watch Nancy grace at night?

Hard to argue that. What a !@#$ed up country

again. We need your hot takes. Its easy to argue that when facts show he is 100% wrong...

I couldn't disagree more with pretty much anything you've ever said, but yes, your right. I based that comment on what I've read from eye witnesses. Way to early to know the validity.

how's those reports looking now? Still disagree? You should learn you shoudnt disagree with me. I'm samrt

:lol: Yeah, you win alright. Ignorance truly is bliss.

And no "discussion" takes place on PPP.

again. This is your choice... now is your chance. But there are no participation awards given here

This isn't a 2nd amendment issue.

And "defending your life" with a gun when the other person doesn't have one. That makes one a murderer most times and a pu$$y.

so how does one defend their life if they are physically outmatched?

He may have began a confrontation, but not every confrontation should go to guns. McKnight didn't deserve to die because some immature a-hole can't let **** slide.

maybe he did... again. Would you like to update the situation?

Where is my fan club? Where are all the ones saying this was a tragedy? Where is everyone who was so passionate? So sad they don't have the fortitude to continue this. So....sad...

That constitution sure got it wrong.

Let me just say this. Have you ever been is a situation where you lost your temper? Maybe been in a confrontation with another person in which things got heated? Tempers flaring? Maybe yelling back and forth? Now imagine you are shot 4 or 5 times and killed for it. Dumbass ? That is a bit much.

Let me just say this. Have you ever been is a situation where you lost your temper? Maybe been in a confrontation with another person in which things got heated? Tempers flaring? Maybe yelling back and forth? Now imagine you are shot 4 or 5 times and killed for it. Dumbass ? That is a bit much.

Yeah........dumbass.

Yeah........dumbass.

I guess, if you can't see how easy it is to be put in a similar situation then what is the point of discussing it? Bottom line is a man, not a thug, not a drug dealing punk, but, by all accounts, a good man is dead.

I guess, if you can't see how easy it is to be put in a similar situation then what is the point of discussing it? Bottom line is a man, not a thug, not a drug dealing punk, but, by all accounts, a good man is dead.

Oh well. **** happens all the time. Road rage incident? Never ever get out of your car. I've been involved in a few but never to the point of getting out to confront someone. If I ever do my trust has instructions to put DUMBASS on my tombstone.

That's why I never let things escalate, and jump straight to physical violence. I mean, if it's going to happen anyway, why go through all the drama of gradually escalating it? Real life isn't a John Ford western. If you're going to get into an argument with someone, just skip the name calling and stab the mother&#33;@#&#036;er in the head.