RIP Joe McKnight

I realize how easy this is to just brush off, make light of, joke about. Most times I am right there with you. I just find this story sad for some reason.

I'm not brushing this off. I'm brushing you off. If you think losing your temper and confronting a complete stranger is normal behavior, you're seriously !@#$ed in the head.

• Replies 207
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I realize how easy this is to just brush off, make light of, joke about. Most times I am right there with you. I just find this story sad for some reason.

Life is full of sad stories. Some of these sad stories are people ending up being dead. And the real sad part is had he not been a overly macho dumbass he'd be alive today. Now that's sad.

I'm not brushing this off. I'm brushing you off. If you think losing your temper and confronting a complete stranger is normal behavior, you're seriously !@#$ed in the head.

It is typical, normal, human behavior. You lose your temper, you confront someone. What isn't normal human behavior is killing some one because of it.

Right.

How many confrontational verbal yelling matches do you see in public?

How many times do you think normal people get upset with someone else in public?

The amount of times you see people lose their temper in public vs the amount of opportunities they have should tell you that losing their temper and having a confrontational yelling match is not the norm.

It's what dumbasses do.

It is typical, normal, human behavior. You lose your temper, you confront someone. What isn't normal human behavior is killing some one because of it.

No it's not typical nor normal to confront someone when you lose your temper. How many times in your life have you done this?

That's why I never let things escalate, and jump straight to physical violence. I mean, if it's going to happen anyway, why go through all the drama of gradually escalating it? Real life isn't a John Ford western. If you're going to get into an argument with someone, just skip the name calling and stab the mother!@#$er in the head.

Shiv the mofo.

It's not name calling.

It's understanding that individuals who think it's normal and reasonable to engage in violent anti-social behavior are lunatics.

Oh I'm sorry, I didn't realize you were at the scene and know all of these specific details. You are saying that the person killed was acting violent and anti social, correct?

I haven't done it but I can understand it.

Why have you not done it?

Oh I'm sorry, I didn't realize you were at the scene and know all of these specific details. You are saying that the person killed was acting violent and anti social, correct?

No he's saying that someone who thinks it's typical and normal is a lunatic.

Why have you not done it?

No he's saying that someone who thinks it's typical and normal is a lunatic.

Oh okay. Gee for a minute there I thought I was being called a lunatic simply because I could understand how someone could lose their temper and confront someone who had enraged you. It may not be typical to act on that rage but I do understand it.

Oh okay. Gee for a minute there I thought I was being called a lunatic simply because I could understand how someone could lose their temper and confront someone who had enraged you. It may not be typical to act on that rage but I do understand it.

No, you're being called a lunatic because you're claiming it's normal behavior.

No, you're being called a lunatic because you're claiming it's normal behavior.

Exactly. It isn't normal behavior. It's highly eratic and dangerously anti-social, which it why people who behave this way often get shot. Further, it's the reason that it's reasonable to shoot them.

Normal to lose your temper, I rescind my previous statement that it is normal to act on it. You guys, sheesh.

It also isn't normal to lose your temper.