Sammy Watkins did not practice due to sore foot

16-0

Thanks for the snarky reply. No he doesn't produce in every game he plays in that is outright bull ****. He has underperformed far more than he has performed up to his cost of 2 first round picks. Most of the time it is because he hasn't gotten the targets or he has been dinged but to say when he plays he produces as a blanket statement is patently absurd.

Get back to me when WRs call plays and can target themselves in games and it's definitely his fault how much compensation he cost the Bills.

• Replies 262
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

He has flashes and games of brillance that is for sure however the trend is not his friend at this point more and more it seems like his career will be of what could have been instead of what was accomplished. .

Not sure if you're going to get much more brilliance out of any WR with our current QB situation.

I think it's a little silly to say he's average when he plays. His talent can't be denied.

No denying he is talented, but nothing in his numbers screams more than average

4.22 catches per game.... 16 yard average 131 catches over 3 years. I can find a lot of WR with better numbers than this guy.

Edited by gordong

Produces like an AVERAGE WR.... agreed!

That's not accurate at all--he lead the NFL in yards/target last year, and produces on a per-target basis as good as the best WRs in the game.

Here:

http://www.footballperspective.com/guest-post-adam-harstad-on-sammy-watkins/

http://nysportsbiz.com/2016/01/04/sammy-watkins-arguably-nfls-top-wr-2nd-half-season/

http://overthecap.com/yards-per-target-as-a-metric/

No denying he is talented, but nothing in his numbers screams more than average

4.22 catches per game.... 16 yard average 131 catches over 3 years. I can find a lot of WR with better numbers than this guy.

It's become apparent that the #1 predictor of WR production is targets

Sammy didn't start getting a similar number of targets as his peers until after the bye week last year, which quite clearly coincided with his tear over NFL DBs in the last 9 games.

http://www.4for4.com/fantasy-football/2016/preseason/what-are-most-predictable-stats-wide-receivers

Guess fans would be bitching about Gronk as a Bills' player given how much he's been hurt and out with injury.

That's a rough comparison, Gronk helped win trophies and came into the league as a high risk player. Watkins hasn't lived up to the hype and certainly hasn't provided the production that would justify trading up. Gronk was a mid second rounder who had a well documented iniury history, KUJO would be a much more appropriate comparison.

That's a rough comparison, Gronk helped win trophies and came into the league as a high risk player. Watkins hasn't lived up to the hype and certainly hasn't provided the production that would justify trading up. Gronk was a mid second rounder who had a well documented iniury history, KUJO would be a much more appropriate comparison.

Hmmm. Gronk has Brady and Sammy's had EJ, Orton, and Tyrod. In spite of that look at Sammy's numbers. He's done very well.

It's become apparent that the #1 predictor of WR production is targets

Sammy didn't start getting a similar number of targets as his peers until after the bye week last year, which quite clearly coincided with his tear over NFL DBs in the last 9 games.

http://www.4for4.com/fantasy-football/2016/preseason/what-are-most-predictable-stats-wide-receivers

Slippery slope, if Ted Ginn had 16 more catches last year his numbers would have matched up very well with Watkins. YPC, total yardage, and more touchdowns.

It's pretty clear that Sammy hasn't been worth his production. Health has gotten in the way, and our play style/QB talent, definitely factor in.

That being said, if he's healthy, he's one of the best WRs in the league, and would certainly be worth the picks on a team that'd use him as such.

Edited by Dorkington

Key word.....seems.

No, the key word in that sentence is claims.

i am a sufferer of Cluster Headaches...and let me tell you there is a reason they call them the "the Beast" or "Suicide Headaches". Here is just a quick excerpt from a description of them.

There are cluster attack behaviors that distinguish them from migraines or other types of headache. Cluster sufferers cannot lie down or remain still, but feel they have to pace around or move in some way. In the worst attacks, they may crawl or roll on the floor, pound their fists on their heads or the floor, or even pound their heads on the floor or wall. Muttering, swearing and screaming is common, escalating with the severity of the pain.

I have spent many a night in my 30's and 40's pounding my head against the floor, and scaring the chit out of my kids.....so i sympathise with migraine sufferers. And never doubt someone when they say they are debilitated by a headache...i can tell you i have busted my leg, busted my elbow, been hit the nuts numerous times...nothing comes close to the pain of these headaches.

Case in point. I never hear anybody say Oh, I'm getting a cluster. Everybody claims they are getting migraines.

They both sound horrific, though - and I'm really sorry that you go through that, Plen. Holy cow!

Look there is no question he is talented, but his career number are Average... there are dozens and dozens of guy with better number over 3 years.

Does he have the talent to be better you bet but so far we have gotten avg....

Edited by gordong

@ChrisBrownBills

Watkins appears very limited during early stages of practice. Not pushing things much at all. And can't see why he would on Thurs. #Bills

Maybe because he said on Sunday that his foot feels totally fine?

it's still a mystery on how the injury occurred in the first place.

I was going to ask this - do we have any idea how this even happened. As 27 pointed out, he tore up the league in the 2nd half of last year. Season was over, and then this comes out of nowhere?!?!?!?!

He played in 29 of his 1st 32 games. You're just spouting off crap with no research. Not a good look for you.

He's not the 1st got to battle injury and certainly won't be the last.

oh and before I forget thanks for the 5th grade personal attack.... I'm going to go play with my blocks now.

Slippery slope, if Ted Ginn had 16 more catches last year his numbers would have matched up very well with Watkins. YPC, total yardage, and more touchdowns.

Which tells you that targets are the number one predictor of production for a WR.

Ginn had 96 targets compared to Sammy's 95, yet sammy had 16 more catches, over 300 more yards, and 1 fewer TD. He also had a higher YPC.

My point is that WR stats need to be considered in the context of opportunities. Sammy didn't start getting "#1 WR" targets until nearly halfway through the 2015 season, and the explosion in productivity is easily explained by that.

EDIT: and in case anyone is wondering, in 3 games this season, Sammy is once again averaging over 10 yards per target (143 receiving yards on 14 targets), something that only 2 WRs (he and Doug Baldwin) accomplished in 2015.

2nd EDIT: a quick glance tells me that only Julio Jones and Jimmy Graham join Sammy as players with more than 10 yards per target in 2016

Edited by thebandit27

Which tells you that targets are the number one predictor of production for a WR.

Ginn had 96 targets compared to Sammy's 95, yet sammy had 16 more catches, over 300 more yards, and 1 fewer TD. He also had a higher YPC.

My point is that WR stats need to be considered in the context of opportunities. Sammy didn't start getting "#1 WR" targets until nearly halfway through the 2015 season, and the explosion in productivity is easily explained by that.

EDIT: and in case anyone is wondering, in 3 games this season, Sammy is once again averaging over 10 yards per target (143 receiving yards on 14 targets), something that only 2 WRs (he and Doug Baldwin) accomplished in 2015.

2nd EDIT: a quick glance tells me that only Julio Jones and Jimmy Graham join Sammy as players with more than 10 yards per target in 2016

I think the question is why isn't he being targeted more often ?

It would stand to reason if he is explosive per target as his statistics indicate only a !@#$ing moron would not throw him the ball. Do we really believe our play callers are !@#$ing morons ?