Sammy Watkins did not practice due to sore foot

16-0

For me personally, your opinion doesn't bother me.

I would, however, like to understand why folks (including yourself) seem to want to imply that he can't stay healthy or has a chronic availability issue?

I've been hearing for the last two years that Sammy's foot is sore/broken/needs surgery/something , that's a pattern in my mind. Trade him and get a high draft pick for him and move on. This is going to plague him his whole football career. I want guys who can stay on the field and catch the ball and contribute. I'm tired on thinking if only Sammy was healthy our passing game would be so much better. And it would be if he could play and stay healthy. But since it's not working out that way, I'm a realist, we got to replace him with someone in next years draft.

Sorry if Sammy is a sacred cow in some people's minds, no one is sacred in my mind, produce or move on.

• Replies 262
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

he's missed 25% of his career. i still say you don't trade him.

Of course not.

If good teams traded players that missed the amount of time that Sammy has, then Atlanta wouldn't have Julio Jones and Pittsburgh wouldn't have Antonio Brown

I've been hearing for the last two years that Sammy's foot is sore/broken/needs surgery/something , that's a pattern in my mind. Trade him and get a high draft pick for him and move on. This is going to plague him his whole football career. I want guys who can stay on the field and catch the ball and contribute. I'm tired on thinking if only Sammy was healthy our passing game would be so much better. And it would be if he could play and stay healthy. But since it's not working out that way, I'm a realist, we got to replace him with someone in next years draft.

Sorry if Sammy is a sacred cow in some people's minds, no one is sacred in my mind, produce or move on.

That's pure conjecture given that Julio, Dez, Edelman, etc have all returned from the same injury.

Just so you know, by this thought process, you'd have traded Julio Jones and Antonio Brown as well. Do you think that's good management?

Ummm he does produce

Ummm he does produce

Indeed.

This goes back to my original response to FISD: why do folks feel the need to invent a false narrative? Just say that you're frustrated with him not being 100%. That's a legit complaint.

The other stuff is categorically untrue.

I hear Steelers are trading Big Ben cause of his INJ this offseason

Big Ben has how many seasons prior to this year of HOF production? Not apples to apples comparison. Sammy has had one healthy year, his rookie year. No one is putting Sammy in the HOF yet, Big Ben and Tom Brady are going in the HOF. They get some slack cut their way.

Big Ben has how many seasons prior to this year of HOF production? Not apples to apples comparison. Sammy has had one healthy year, his rookie year. No one is putting Sammy in the HOF yet, Big Ben and Tom Brady are going in the HOF. They get some slack cut their way.

No it isn't your saying trade a guy cause he is hurt so I listed all players that teams should have traded when they were hurt.

Like Julio Edleman Dez Stafford Bridgewater, AP, Gronk

Should I go on.

Not to mention Ben has been hurt a lot before this season too but ok

Edited by MAJBobby

Even in Sammy's rookie year, he wasn't completely healthy

No it isn't your saying trade a guy cause he is hurt so I listed all players that teams should have traded when they were hurt.

Like Julio Edleman Dez Stafford Bridgewater, AP, Gronk

Should I go on.

All the guys you have listed are HOF players, injuries have started because of age and number of games played. Not an apple to apple comparison. Sammy started getting hurt in his 2nd year and has gotten progressively worse. My opinion, I repeat my opinion is this is not getting better, it is only going to get worse, trade him now.

Too bad if you don't like to hear my opinion. We will see next year won't we?

All the guys you have listed are HOF players, injuries have started because of age and number of games played. Not an apple to apple comparison. Sammy started getting hurt in his 2nd year and has gotten progressively worse. My opinion, I repeat my opinion is this is not getting better, it is only going to get worse, trade him now.

Really go look T Julios 1st three years, Staffords 1st 3 years and get back to me.

And I love how an INJ a lot of WR have come back from is going to linger with Sammy LoL

I am sure you would Love OBJ and not Sammy right

Edited by MAJBobby

And this is where you are wrong.

I'll repeat it again: Sammy is on target to start more games over his first 3 seasons in the NFL than Julio Jones started in his first 3 seasons.

He's also on pace to start the exact same number of games as Antonio Brown in his first 3 NFL seasons.

Edelman missed 9 games in his first 3 seasons.

So my point remains: you're basing your opinion on falsehoods.

I'll repeat it again: Sammy is on target to start more games over his first 3 seasons in the NFL than Julio Jones started in his first 3 seasons.

He's also on pace to start the exact same number of games as Antonio Brown in his first 3 NFL seasons.

Also known as Game, Set, Match Edited by MAJBobby

10825249-Check-mate-in-black-and-white-w

Really go look T Julios 1st three years, Staffords 1st 3 years and get back to me.

And I love how an INJ a lot of WR have come back from is going to linger with Sammy LoL

I am sure you would Love OBJ and not Sammy right

For every Julio or Stafford stories there two similar ones where they never make it back up to expectations. You love Sammy, great, drink the kool aid, this is getting tiresome and I got to go and buy some more real estate.

For every Julio or Stafford stories there two similar ones where they never make it back up to expectations. You love Sammy, great, drink the kool aid, this is getting tiresome and I got to go and buy some more real estate.

Sucks when your falsehoods are exposed huh. Happens to all of us just stop digging is all

Sucks when your falsehoods are exposed huh. Happens to all of us just stop digging is all

My opinion is my opinion, its not going to change, too bad if you dont like it. Want to bet a dollar Sammy does finish the game on Sunday? Also I'll bet a dollar Sammy plays less than 8 games next year. (I only bet a dollar as practice, it's just for the fun of betting on a point)

My opinion is my opinion, its not going to change, too bad if you dont like it. Want to bet a dollar Sammy does finish the game on Sunday? Also I'll bet a dollar Sammy plays less than 8 games next year. (I only bet a dollar as practice, it's just for the fun of betting on a point)

Fine I will take the Bet. But here is the Bet.

If Sammy doesn't play 8 games next year I will change my Username to Bust Watkins. If he does play 8 games you change your Username to WatkinsMVP for one year.

It's fine if your opinion doesn't change; can we agree that you are indeed basing it on false information?