If we have to lose a game?

Dan

One game at a time.....but Im really thinking we need to win out

So a 100 million percent this. The Bills decided that the games they should have won earlier in the year were not that important. Now they have no margin for error. One of these days I'm going to be a contributor here with stats and research....wait no I'm not fuk you guys

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Given that it is the Bills and the drought will not go out without a fight -

The Bills will win in convincing fashion against every team but the Browns.

The Bills will make Derek Carr look mortal and Cody Kessler immortal.

Posted this yesterday.

Interesting... Am I reading that correctly? The Raiders and Dolphins games are most important to our playoff hopes. Loses to either of them lowers our percentage the most.

That is definitely how the Bills typically do it! The last two weeks are showing me that the Bills are starting to change their ways and not lose those kinda games. Granted, they don't make it look easy. But they didn't lay down against the Jags, they fought hard and pulled out a solid win.

The Raiders have a Thursday night matchup against KC 12/8. Maybe they look past the Bills here and come out flat? Looking for any edge we can get in a game I expect them to lose.

They are the new darlings of the league with big press everywhere. Let's see how well they handle it and it's not as if they are some super team that's been killing their opponents.

hard to imagine holding Raiders offense down without Darby and now with Blanton gone for the year. They will chew up Meeks and White. Doesn't look good, so yes, this is the game to lose on the way to 10-6, as we get players back for Steelers I think. Kind of a dumb thread, but hey that's what happens here.

If we had to pick one game to lose, it's probably the Browns that would be best for our chances. Best all the other teams that are in the hunt that we play and improve our strength of win tiebreaker as much as possible (if that's a metric, I think it is but not positive)

Edit: yes it is. 4th tiebreaker

Head-to-head, if applicable.

Best won-lost-tied percentage in games played within the conference.

Best won-lost-tied percentage in common games, minimum of four.

Strength of victory.

Strength of schedule.

Best combined ranking among conference teams in points scored and points allowed.

Best combined ranking among all teams in points scored and points allowed.

Best net points in conference games.

Best net points in all games.

Best net touchdowns in all games.

Coin toss.

Edited by dubs

Ha that would definitely be the Billsy thing to do. Win the next two against quality opponents, look unstoppable, then lose 6-3 against the Browns. Impotently on the outside looking in for last two games, hoping for a mathematical miracle that never happens.

I am amazed at how many people honestly have a fear of losing to the Browns. That is like having a fear that Bon Jovi was going to buy the Bills and move them to Toronto. It wasn't a possibility. Have you guys watched the Browns? They are maybe the worst team that has ever been in the NFL. They are not coming into Buffalo and winning in December. This isn't like a Bills - Browns matchup of 10 years ago.

I used to find our "woe is me, lovable loser" mentality endearing. Now it's just annoying. The Bills are going to pound that garbage team at home regardless of what else happens. The Bills didn't play particularly well on Sunday and that Jags played one of their best games. It was a 7 point game. The Jags are far, far ahead of the Browns in terms of talent. The Bills played okay against a bad 49ers teams and destroyed them. The Browns are worse than them. I don't know what LOGICAL argument could be made that the Browns can even compete? It "has happened before" doesn't cut it because they will be, at that time, the worst team that the Bills have ever played.

I apologize for the rant but it the Browns over Bills talk has really jumped the shark.

Edited by Kirby Jackson

Teams get help every year...hell, we should know that...look at 2004 we needed a lot of help, got it and then lost to the Steelers backups...at home no less...

Sure, some teams do get help every year. But obviously it's better to control one's own destiny. And in this particular year it's highly unlikely that a 10-6 Bills team would get enough help to get into the playoffs this season.

I am amazed at how many people honestly have a fear of losing to the Browns. That is like having a fear that Bon Jovi was going to buy the Bills and move them to Toronto. It wasn't a possibility. Have you guys watched the Browns? They are maybe the worst team that has ever been in the NFL. They are not coming into Buffalo and winning in December. This isn't like a Bills - Browns matchup of 10 years ago.

I used to find our "woe is me, lovable loser" mentality endearing. Now it's just annoying. The Bills are going to pound that garbage team at home regardless of what else happens. The Bills didn't play particularly well on Sunday and that Jags played one of their best games. It was a 7 point game. The Jags are far, far ahead of the Browns in terms of talent. The Bills played okay against a bad 49ers teams and destroyed them. The Browns are worse than them. I don't know what LOGICAL argument could be made that the Browns can even compete? It "has happened before" doesn't cut it because they will be, at that time, the worst team that the Bills have ever played.

I apologize for the rant but it the Browns over Bills talk has really jumped the shark.

Because on Sunday that oblong spheroid can bounce any which way and good teams lose to bad teams every week.

Bills fans simply don't trust this year's team to be motivated enough to beat a bad team. Heck, they could have lost to the Jags if not for the Jags defense and special teams blowing up on a few select plays...but that's what makes them bad. The Browns took the 7-4 Dolphins to overtime and only lost to a few teams by 2-3 points. On any given Sunday!

Stats says it's extremely difficult for a team to lose all sixteen games in a season and chances are they will win one game. Giants, Bengals, Bills, Chargers, Steelers. which will it be...

Edited by Nihilarian