Rams Ban Eric Dickerson from Games for Criticism of Team

26CornerBlitz

@ProFootballTalk

Eric Dickerson says he's been banned from Rams games over criticism of the team

https://t.co/XWIg2X4KKw

The Rams aren’t exactly reconnecting with their L.A. fan base in an ideal way. Beyond losing seven of their 11 games there.

Via TMZ, Hall of Famer Eric Dickerson said Monday on his radio show that he has been banned from the sideline of Rams games over criticism of the team.

Edited by 26CornerBlitz

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Talk about thin skin. Does Trump have a blind minority interest in the team, or was that Limbaugh who tried to buy in a few years ago? Either way nothing worse than billionaire crybabies who can't take criticism.

I don't know, maybe it was George Soros? Or Michael Moore? Because this is clearly a political story.

I don't know, maybe it was George Soros? Or Michael Moore? Because this is clearly a political story.

I thought he was banned because he was against assault weapons.

Seriously, do you know what he said? Was it a cheap shot bull or constructive criticism?

The NFL must love this! 😂 Their much vaunted and storied crown jewel franchise move to the biggest market in the country, being boycotted by one of the leagues best RB's, for all the nation to laugh at!

My only question is, is how many seasons will it take til the league gifts LA a superbowl? Im thinkin 4 seasons

The NFL must love this! 😂 Their much vaunted and storied crown jewel franchise move to the biggest market in the country, being boycotted by one of the leagues best RB's, for all the nation to laugh at!

My only question is, is how many seasons will it take til the league gifts LA a superbowl? Im thinkin 4 seasons

Have to fire Fisher 1st lol

I'd like to know the context of the criticisms.

Is it Dickerson doing a weekly radio show, where he's providing analysis?

Or is it Dickerson being a Thurman Thomas/Joe Namath, not wanting to realize that he's no longer a member of the team and that his opinion means nothing?

If it's the former, then I agree that Fisher is being a dick.

If it's the latter, then if I was Fisher, I'd tell Dickerson to go pound salt, too.

Have to fire Fisher 1st lol

Maybe at the end of this year? Or maybe he survives to the end of 2017. Get a few high draft picks, replace Fischer with a high profile coach, hell, maybe theyre able to pull Harbaugh out of Michigan? Stocked roster... Superbowl. It wont be long. LA will get one before we do

Maybe at the end of this year? Or maybe he survives to the end of 2017. Get a few high draft picks, replace Fischer with a high profile coach, hell, maybe theyre able to pull Harbaugh out of Michigan? Stocked roster... Superbowl. It wont be long. LA will get one before we do

How long was his extension he JUST signed?

The unexpected battle between the Rams and running back Eric Dickerson continues. And, at this point, its safe to say that the 4-7 Rams are unofficially 4-8.

Sam Farmer of the Los Angeles Times spoke separately to Dickerson and to coach Jeff Fisher about the recent conversation that resulted in Dickerson calling out the Rams for cutting him off.

Heres what Dickerson claims Fisher said: I just wanted to call you. I want to tell you a few things here. I dont have time for this, but Im going to tell you. Youre not going to be talking about the football team, talking about our team, talking about my coaches, expecting to get things from this football team. Were not going to give you anything. Were not going to support you in anything. As long as Im here as coach, we feel uncomfortable with you coming on the sideline. The players are uncomfortable with that. So as long as Im head coach here, Im just going to let you know its not going to happen.

While Fisher, who had Dickersons comments read to him by Farmer, didnt address the specifics, Fisher provided a general explanation of the message that he sent.

I had a discussion with Eric and it was brought to my attention Eric wanted some things from the organization and it was shortly after he had been critical of us, of me, of the players and of our quarterback coach, Fisher said. And theres a natural conflict there. He has every right to be critical because were all frustrated with the respect to the season and he has every right to comment and to be critical. But theres a line that has to be respected, when you on one side criticize the organization and come back and ask the organization for something.

And therein lies the problem. The Rams are willing to treat Dickerson like a member of the family as long as he behaves in a way that the Rams believe a member of the family should. But believing that they can apply that type of condition to Dickersons or any other former players status is the flaw in the teams logic.

This is a new experience for us and this is a new Rams family and we want to include all the former Rams in our future, Fisher said.

If theyre going to welcome former L.A. Rams with the apparent goal of using that relationship to re-establish a bond with L.A. residents, the new L.A. Rams cant pick and choose among those who kiss the ring and those who kick some ass, at least verbally. Which is why most NFL teams tend to keep former players at arms length, treating them with respect but not extending any additional favors or gratuities.

As the Dickerson situation proves, its very hard for a team to have it both ways.

So in essence Fisher saying unless you toe the party line stay away

Edited by MAJBobby