Interesting stat just presented on WGR

• Replies 119
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Right, the Bills won so everything must be perfect and nobody is allowed to address the elephant in the room. :doh:

Hey sweetie pie! Thanks for taking an interest in my post. First: I'm so happy someone is finally talking about Tyrod. Second: I didn't say that we all need to pretend the team is perfect. You and I watch the same games. We know it's not. Third: this post was specifically posted to target the people who like Tyrod/tolerate him on the day after a win. This is very thinly veiled and didn't need a separate post to beat the horse were currently still beating in 100 other threads.

Douche.

I heard it on WGR. I didn't double check. It's not a vast right-wing conspiracy.

The thing about you is, that you're smart. It comes through in the way you write. The other thing about you is, that you delight in trolling those of us that don't share the same rigid views that you do.

As an aside listening to whiney Howard Simon and local stat genius Jeremy White is like having my hands nailed to the table. I'm forced to listen to John Propaganda Murphy for my bills news. I do like Sal Cappacio too though.

Ridiculous isn't it?

He's THIRTY NINE YEARS OLD.

HGH is a wonderful thing.

I'm moved past hate and moved on to acceptance. He's the greatest of all time.

What concerns me about this chart (it's sortable) is Tyrod's 11 TD passes.

I respect that he's done well with not turning the ball over. I'm not bashing him. But when "protecting the ball" becomes your claim to fame, there simply has to be more to it.

Douche.

I heard it on WGR. I didn't double check. It's not a vast right-wing conspiracy.

And you believed it enough to post it without double-checking. That's an "ah, ****" on you. You want to be an idiot and believe everything you see and hear without question, that's what Facebook is for.

And you believed it enough to post it without double-checking. That's an "ah, ****" on you. You want to be an idiot and believe everything you see and hear without question, that's what Facebook is for.

A valid criticism. And the last time I make that mistake :P

I respect that he's done well with not turning the ball over. I'm not bashing him. But when "protecting the ball" becomes your claim to fame, there simply has to be more to it.

I too would like that 11 to be higher. But he also has 5 rushing TD's. Our red zone offense is so good partly bc of his ability to run it in.

27 starting QB have a 3:1 TD:Int ratio or better.

So, it kinda looks like not turning the ball over isn't necessarily an indicator of a solid NFL starter.

It looks like it's a quality just about EVERY qb has.

"Stats are for losers."

- Bill Belichick

He's got 5 rushing TDs, though. I don't know if that makes him look better or worse.

Interesting points of note: nine of his eleven TDs were caught by WRs. The other two by RBs. None by tight ends. And of the nine caught by WRs, seven of them were by Goodwin (3) and Hunter (4). So at least the WRs are involved in the passing game...

And #2 in receiving yards on the team? Clay.

27 starting QB have a 3:1 TD:Int ratio or better.

So, it kinda looks like not turning the ball over isn't necessarily an indicator of a solid NFL starter.

It looks like it's a quality just about EVERY qb has.

if you sort the top 32 QB's by passer rating, then qualified by at least 200 pass attempts or more (eliminating most backups)......only about 10 of them have a better td/int ratio of 3.0 or higher

Edited by papazoid

Yep. We are 5th in RZ scoring converting 66.67% of RZ chances.

The problem is, we're only 21st in RZ opportunities with 3.0 per game.

I say it every week (like a broken record) but I judge Tyrod on 3 things: not turning it over, 3rd down conversions and RZ scoring. The way that the Bills offense is designed those are the areas where they ask the QB to excel. Basically, "don't make the costly mistake to beat us and when we need you to make a play, you need to make it." They don't ask him to shoulder the load for 4 quarters but on 3rd down and in the red zone he has to move the chains and put points up.

We have been good in the red zone and rarely turn it over but the 3rd downs haven't been there. That last part speaks to WHY the opportunities are low. We are sitting at 18th in 3rd down percentage (39.2%). If the Bills could get to 45% they'd be sitting in the top 7. It amounts to just under 1 more conversion a game. That doesn't sound like much but a lot of games are decided within a score.

Edited by Kirby Jackson

I say it every week (like a broken record) but I judge Tyrod on 3 things: not turning it over, 3rd down conversions and RZ scoring. The way that the Bills offense is designed those are the areas where they ask the QB to excel. Basically, "don't make the costly mistake to beat us and when we need you to make a play, you need to make it." They don't ask him to shoulder the load for 4 quarters but on 3rd down and in the red zone he has to move the chains and put point up.

We have been good in the red zone and rarely turn it over but the 3rd downs haven't been there. That last part speaks to WHY the opportunities are low. We are sitting at 18th in 3rd down percentage (39.2%). If the Bills could get to 45% they'd be sitting in the top 7. It amounts to just under 1 more conversion a game. That doesn't sound like much but a lot of games are decided within a score.

Good points. I agree we need to improve 3rd down conv %.