Get Kirk Cousins in the offseason.

• Replies 137
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Your own post history shows that most people here don't know what they are talking about :nana:

(just having some fun here :thumbsup: ) 0:)

Just like the thread taking shots at the Browns. Did you forget who we are at least they made the playoffs this decade.

Teams with a 1st round pick starting:

Cardinals

Falcons

Ravens

Panthers

Bears

Lions

Packers

Colts

Chiefs

Jags

Rams

Dolphins

Vikings

Giants

Eagles

Steelers

Chargers

Bucs

Titans

Remaining teams with 1st round pick on the roster:

49ers

Broncos

Browns

Bills

The trend seems to indicate that 1st round picks are more likely to start, and have long careers. Starters outside the 1st:

Brady (total outlier)

Tyrod

Carr (early 2nd - almost a 1st)

Dalton (see carr)

Kaepernick (also early 2nd)

Osweiler (early 2nd)

Siemen

Dak and Wilson are obvious outliers as well.

The problem is outliers are supposed to be that, the rare exception to the rule. And when you look across the NFL landscape it isn't as much an outlier as you might suggest. Romo is another late example - as an Undrafted Free Agent. And I conceded the point that far more QBs are 1st Round and high 2nd round picks - but that good to great QBs can certainly be found in all rounds if homework and evaluation is done properly and then someone in Draft room has the gumption to make that call.

and patience!

Wilson, Cousins, and Brady all had a learning curve. Wilson passed for more than 300 yards 4 times in his first 3 seasons, Cousins had 17tds and 18 ints through his first 3 years, Brady passed for more than 300 yards in 6 of his first 46 games.

Tyrod's start to his career is very very similar to the start of Wilson's career numbers wise.

No need to bash solely Bills fans here. Almost everyone questioned the pick at the time.

I was pissed because I was hoping the Bills would get him. I really think Cousins was Shannahan's guy all along.

That's right. Romo would come to Buffalo and never walk again because Rex.

Actually it pre-dates Rex who I actually like as a coach.

I'm killing teams in fantasy because I bet on Cousins...took him in all 3 leagues...he put up 48 and 51 points the last 2 weeks

I actually watched a non Bills game.

I do not want Cousins.

Jokingly but true he missed as many wide open guys as Tyrod.

and his throwing motion is kinda horrible

Yeah, right..

dude also put up 442 yards and 3 TDs and averages 315 yards a game passing...when was Tyrods last 300 yard game? Oh that's right...never

Redskins will franchise tag Kirk Cousins again if no long-term deal reached

http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/redskins-will-franchise-tag-kirk-cousins-again-if-no-long-term-deal-reached/

John Breech clearly did not graduate with a degree in math:

Although being given the one-year franchise tag isn't ideal for any player, Cousins probably wouldn't mind all that much because a second franchise tag comes with a big raise. If the Redskins quarterback gets tagged again, he'll get a 120 percent raise on his contract, which means he'd make roughly $23.94 million for the 2017 season.

It is NOT a 120% raise - it is a 20% raise.

And has questionable English composition skills and clearly believes media is the tail which wags the dog as opposed to being the dog excrement,

La Canfora also reports that Cousins is going to command at least $23 million a season and quite possibly more like $25 million. The reason the Redskins will have to tag him is because several quarterback-needy teams have told La Canfora that they'll go after Cousins if he's available.

No it is not because they TOLD La Canfora something for teams often use media like tools to disseminate false information. Would they go after him if they did not tell him? Yes hence statement is poorly composed or he is writing the story with the media being center of it.

NFL radio says his new contact would be 25 to 27 million a year. Is that possible with a certain DT contact on the Bills books?

It is irrelevant. Cousins is not leaving Washington.

As someone else stated Garopollo is interesting if Whaley decides to move on from Taylor. I doubt Whaley will move on from Taylor. These next 6 games will go a long way in deciding Taylors future.

Now we want to talk a scenario like this and I will be interested

Sign Hoyer (let's say 9M cap hit, high I think but let's go there)

Draft Rookie early

Come into camp with 6M cap savings at the QB and a legitimate battle between Rookie and Hoyer

Must have forgotten how terrible Hoyer was when we played them last and he got benched for Manziel

It is irrelevant. Cousins is not leaving Washington.

As someone else stated Garopollo is interesting if Whaley decides to move on from Taylor. I doubt Whaley will move on from Taylor. These next 6 games will go a long way in deciding Taylors future.

I'm not sure if we SHOULD move on from Taylor...our offense has been in constant flux since he's got here with key starters in and out of the lineup and through it all he has remained highly productive in the points department...that is not an easy thing to replicate.

Must have forgotten how terrible Hoyer was when we played them last and he got benched for Manziel

I'm not sure if we SHOULD move on from Taylor...our offense has been in constant flux since he's got here with key starters in and out of the lineup and through it all he has remained highly productive in the points department...that is not an easy thing to replicate.

I am with on the indecision when it comes to Taylor. I say sign a RT in FA that will be your starter and draft a day one starter talent at WR. Keep Lynn on, bring back the talent that has shown progress this year. Give the crew one more year. Now if the Bills finish 8-8 and 3 of these final loss' are the Miami Dolphin first game type, well I may sing a different tune. I want to believe we are watching a QB develop. I don't believe you get the same experience being a back up as you do being the actual starter. Taylor is in his second season with two different OC's. Points to be considered heavily.