Sammy Watkins has a chance to come back and be a hero

• Replies 345
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hero? (Pause for hysterical laughter)

He's a fragile player that has missed a ton of games where we needed him badly. He can barely write or speak understandable English. Hero? Nah.

Do we need him? Absolutely. It's most likely already too late, but I hope he can contribute when we actually need him most.

Here's the hyperbole that seems to define the Watkins detractors.

He's missed "a ton of games"? Really?

He missed 3 of 32 coming into the season. He's missed 9 of 11 this season.

That's not even 1/3 of the games since he entered the league.

At least pick an accurate stance

Let's pump the brakes on Sammy coming back at all this season. The guy has proven to be not only a very fragile player, but one who will not/ can not play through pain. I'm waiting to see hwat the excuses are for why he's not playing vs. the Jaguars.

My expectation is the Bills apply a little pressure by mentioning they are "hopeful" to have him back soon, only to be told later in the week that he's a no go for the JAX game. Then prior to the Raiders games Sammy will post some silly, dumb stuff on twitter and by the Raiders game the Bills will announce that Sammy Watkins will be shut down for the remainder of the year.

I believe we are putting way to much faith in Sammy the glass Watkins he has proven he can't stand up to a full season and what's most importantly he can't seem to be able to play through pain this pick is definitely coming back to haunt the team

This shìt always happens to me with Watkins. Whenever he's injured i say to myself, we can win with the receivers we have. Then when i see him in video after injury doing workouts and drills i say, i want Watkins out there NOW.

Im actually very pleased with the twitter video. That slip had me worried though i cant lie lol.

Accuracy doesn't fit the narrative.

Accuracy doesn't fit the narrative.

Well, "a ton" has no real "accurate" number in this context. Missing nearly a third of your games not even 3 years into your career may seem like "a ton" to some. To others "it's nothing".

All perspective.

@ChrisBrownBills

Tyrod- Sammy looked good. Had no problem getting In and out of his breaks. We'll take it day by day. #Bills

@buffalobills

On Watkins: "He looked good...Comfortable. His presence on the field gives us more looks. We'll take it day-by-day, see how he progresses."

Cx-MMVxXAAwA1WP.jpg

@PrescottRossi

Tyrod on Sammy: "His presence on the field is a positive thing for me... Sammy is definitely a special talent that makes the team better."

@WGR550

Watkins- "It was one of the hardest things. I've never sat out for more than 3 weeks. Watching my boys play love when they play good."

Watkins- "I wasn't looking for pain, it's not gonna hurt. I don't want want to be just thrown out there without being prepared."

@viccarucci

#Bills WR Sammy Watkins meets w media after practice.

Cx-N1nEXUAAmS_H.jpg
@JoeBuscaglia

Sammy Watkins says he feels like he's finally over that mental "hump" and has trust in his foot #Bills

@mikerodak

Sammy Watkins says he ran approximately 20 plays today, at or near full speed. He says... http://es.pn/2gBSnAD

Cx-N_VNVIAAjXYv.jpg

@buffalobills

Watkins: "Feel great. Getting the butterflies out. Ran 20 some plays today, pretty fast...I'm over the mental hump. Ready to play football."

Cx-OEUHXUAAA6Cr.jpg

@viccarucci

Asked if the #Bills played a game tomorrow, could he play, Sammy Watkins says, "probably not."

Well, "a ton" has no real "accurate" number in this context. Missing nearly a third of your games not even 3 years into your career may seem like "a ton" to some. To others "it's nothing".

All perspective.

I respectfully submit that there is no context in which missing 11 games out of 43 constitutes "a ton".