Captain Checkdown: Part Two

we won, right? So much criticism after a big road win....amazing...how many perfect teams in this league?

TT played very well vs. Seattle and most people praised his play. I didn't see people (other than the 2-3 posters who rip TT no matter what) saying we can't praise his play since they lost. By that same rational you can rip him if he plays poorly, even if the team wins.

• Replies 217
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Why can't we be positive?? Because I am looking back at a NY Jets game that should have been a win...a Dolphins game that should have been a win....and a Seahawks game as well. I saw nothing from Tyrod today that would erase my vision of him as a one trick pony. Shotgun QB, once he drops back, happy feet, first read covered, panic, checkdown.

That happened like 2 months ago lol. Nothing you can do now. I am sure at the time you were pissed right off and blasted the bills for losing those 2 games just like myself, but now when they win to keep there season alive, maybe you should give them a little credit and focus on the W, not the losses 2 months ago?

Because I'm not satisfied with week to week victories unless they add up to playoff trips

So why did you even bother to watch the game yesterday? You were going to be mad win or lose pretty much what you're saying

Taylor had a bad game yesterday. That said, on that final pass he's throwing to a spot. Harvin ran too deep and didn't plant and cut to the sideline where he should have. It was a terrible route. But why is he throwing to Harvin anyway? He looked lost all game.

I had real issues with the coaching yesterday. Twice the they turned down big holding penalties to get to third down, and both times it burned them -- the Bengals converted on 3rd down each time. 2nd and 24 for a defense is a better place to be than 3rd and 14 because no offense averages 10 yards per play.

Edited by dave mcbride

Taylor had a bad game yesterday. That said, on that final pass he's throwing to a spot. Harvin ran too deep and didn't plant and cut to the sideline where he should have. It was a terrible route. But why is he throwing to Harvin anyway? He looked lost all game.

I had real issues with the coaching yesterday. Twice the they turned down big holding penalties to get to third down, and both times it burned them -- the Bengals converted on 3rd down each time. 2nd and 24 for a defense is a better place to be than 3rd and 14 because no offense averages 10 yards per play.

I think they declined the penalties because the bengals were making big plays all first half combined with the fact that the refs were calling a lot of penalties. On 2nd and 24, you have two more chances to make a big play if your cinci, and the refs also have two more chances to call a 5 yard illegal contact or whatever on the bills. I have no problem personally with the bills to decline the penalty. 3rd and 14, your defence has to get off the field, I can't blame rex for that

Super important 3rd and 3: And TT throws beyond Harvin on out route. God. Wtf.

TT basically screwed us in this game. 2 mins left for Dalton to score a TD. Let's rely on the Defense again. Yayyy

3rd and 12. First down!!!!

1st and 15.....gain of 14.

Thanks Mike Nugent...that's a sorry ass way to claim victory.

Yayyyyy. Rob Ryan. By the skin of your teeth.

Whats up fergenator.

Tyrod didnt play so well but, he doesnt suck. He can be really good to below average but he is not the worst starting QB in the league. Once Tyrod steps his consistency up and we get to see more of how he played in Seattle, on a weekly basis well be good. Im really surprised he missed Harvin on the out route, ill chalk that up to them not being in sync yet since Harvin just returned.

Agree, he was throwing to the spot but him and Harvin arent in sync yet, they havent practiced together all season. Not accepting those holding calls was pissing me off. They lost AJ so they werent gonna make a 3rd and 24th through the air.

Agree, he was throwing to the spot but him and Harvin arent in sync yet, they havent practiced together all season. werent gonna make a 3rd and 24th through the air.

The negative Nancy in me wants them to decline them because it's one less play that they can flag the Bills for a (BS) defensive holding or PI call. That's the point of fanhood I'm at right now

2nd and 24 for a defense is a better place to be than 3rd and 14 because no offense averages 10 yards per play.

Throwing to a spot? It was a 4 yard pass and Harvin was right in his line of sight!

And no offense averages 10 years a play, yet the Bills give up 3rd and 10+ yards waaaay too often.

Edited by WotAGuy

​Bills win a conference road game to save there season, and all I hear is tyrod sucks or other negative stuff. Bills win what, 6 to 8 games a year on average? Why can't we just enjoy those 6-8 days a year and actually be happy/positive for once with regards to football?

So, you want me to be happy with mediocrity? I tell you what...I have a daughter who I can't get married off for the life of me. She ain't pretty and she has a terrible personality, but, she makes a mean pot of chili. You interested?

So, you want me to be happy with mediocrity? I tell you what...I have a daughter who I can't get married off for the life of me. She ain't pretty and she has a terrible personality, but, she makes a mean pot of chili. You interested?

There's a hidden message here somewhere I just know it.

What are ya talking about bud lol. No I am not happy with mediocrity, and the bills are having a disappointing season. But if you are pissed off when they win, what is the point for you to watch them? Give credit when credit is due, they won a conference road game to keep the season alive. There will be plenty of times to rip on them in the very near future

Edited by billsfan11

What are ya talking about bud lol. No I am not happy with mediocrity, and the bills are having a disappointing season. But if you are pissed off when they win, what is the point for you to watch them? Give credit when credit is due, they won a conference road game to keep the season alive. There will be plenty of times to rip on them in the very near future

The point, to me, is hoping for a glimpse of the future where the Bills aren't mediocre.

Are you sure about my daughter? I can throw some cash your way.

TT's refusal to throw the ball to the primary target of a play(ball should be coming out in under 3 seconds) is maddening. He is either afraid to make certain throws and/or refuses to throw into tight spaces(which the good QB's do all the time).

If the Bills commit to him and the rest of his contract beyond this season, they are nuts.

Throwing to a spot? It was a 4 yard pass and Harvin was right in his line of sight!

And no offense averages 10 years a play, yet the Bills give up 3rd and 10+ yards waaaay too often.

You throw to a spot so that you don't throw a pick there. If i just throw it to harvin and he goodwins it and waits for the ball it could cost us the game.

Yeah, this sums up my feeling too. We went into the season questioning whether we had a legitimate #2 WR and we've lost both 1 and 2.Wish Hogan was still around. The TE savior is very disappointing too. Seems like we could do more with Bush? All said though, TT doesn't seem to hit the easier throws regardless of who the receiver is... Maybe call up Jerry Jones?

I am sure Jerry Jones would love to be able to own a team in NFC and AFC but rules do not allow it. :nana:

Well Brady would suck given the talent of the available WR the TT has to work with. Goodwin just runs fast and goes deep, Tate and Hunter have hands made of oil, and Clay was not worth stealing from Miami. So when your best RB goes down and clearly TT is hurt (he is not moving or cutting as normal), of course you go to the check down. I think TT can be a good QB, he just needs Watkins, Woods and Harvin to all be on the field and hopefully, Hunter and Tate to become the WRs their prior teams though they were.