Pete Carroll on Foxboro Atmosphere...

Ugh.... we are no where near as loud as the Seahawk fans, but the place isn't terrible for noise... it can get loud in there... but we have a lot of clueless fans as well..

Also most AVERAGE fans can't afford to go see a game as the ticket pr Fed are just to high for anyone with a family to afford unless you make sick money... and rich people are not loud.. lol

Edited by PatsFanNH

I've been to Foxboro several times, its a real "whine" and cheese crowd there. Carroll is spot on, Pats fan base is so used to winning that nothing impresses.

Can't knock it too much though, Kraft is making an absolute killing since he owns everything surrounding the stadium including the land itself (not leasing it).

I've been to Foxboro several times, its a real "whine" and cheese crowd there. Carroll is spot on, Pats fan base is so used to winning that nothing impresses.

Can't knock it too much though, Kraft is making an absolute killing since he owns everything surrounding the stadium including the land itself (not leasing it).

The prices ensure that. You have to take out a mortgage to buy tickets, park and eat.

I like going to Gillette for games, reminds of the glory years in Buffalo.

Those fans know they are going to win the majority of games played there, and they don't really get amped up till the postseason. Regular season for them is like our preseason.

They will get ramped up for the playoffs

I was given tix to the game. $350 face value for a pair of tickets that would have gone for $600 - $800 does ensure that only a certain type of fan can afford to come.

It is not Ralph-level loud - or close.

My family been a season ticket holder since 1978. I do not think I can afford to keep them for next year. I am not depriving my kids of stuff just to see 8 games a year

The Pats are an entitled, bandwagon fanbase (not you PatsFanNH ;) ). As football fans, there's no comparison between us and them.

We support this stupid team no matter how they suck. A few years ago, some of them wanted to bench Brady.

Boston is a great city.

The Red Sox reign supreme in that town, not the Patriots.

Big fan of Boston. That said for a bigger city, their women are meh.

Boston is a great city.

The Red Sox reign supreme in that town, not the Patriots.

I've lived in NH for 22 years and I like folks here. Not all that different from WNY'ers. But they do get full of themselves with their sports teams.

My family been a season ticket holder since 1978. I do not think I can afford to keep them for next year. I am not depriving my kids of stuff just to see 8 games a year

And Kraft severely limits your ability to resell. You have to sell back to the team or else if someone you sell to gets in trouble, your tickets are revoked. That happened to a neighbor. His metals comapny were STHers for 30+ years and used them to entertain clients. One guy had too much and BOOM, no more ST's.

Ugh.... we are no where near as loud as the Seahawk fans, but the place isn't terrible for noise... it can get loud in there... but we have a lot of clueless fans as well..

Also most AVERAGE fans can't afford to go see a game as the ticket pr Fed are just to high for anyone with a family to afford unless you make sick money... and rich people are not loud.. lol

Wrong again. You may have the winningest franchise of the last 20 years but your game day atmosphere sucks. The stadium sucks & so does the wine & cheesze crowd. Horrible atmosphere for the game. A lot of bandwaggon fans & alot of spoiled fans. I can't wait to the Patriots start losing again(it has to come sooner or later doesn't it?). You will have a half empty stadium. Kind of like what has happened to Yankee Stadium but 100xs worse.

I like going to Gillette for games, reminds of the glory years in Buffalo.

Those fans know they are going to win the majority of games played there, and they don't really get amped up till the postseason. Regular season for them is like our preseason.

They will get ramped up for the playoffs

No they won't. Their playoff games on TV sound like a preseason game every where else. It is actually pretty pathetic.

I have only been to Gillette once. Nice place, just a dull atmosphere.

It is sad when sports have come to this. The NFL is pricing the real fans right out of the stadium & they could careless.

The Pats are an entitled, bandwagon fanbase (not you PatsFanNH ;) ). As football fans, there's no comparison between us and them.

We support this stupid team no matter how they suck. A few years ago, some of them wanted to bench Brady.

Big fan of Boston. That said for a bigger city, their women are meh.

lol I remember that, I got banned for 2 weeks from a Patriots board because I called a fellow fan.. a moron and lacking any testicular fortitude.. except not in those Nice of terms 😂

I don't think it's just the Patriots who will face trouble with keeping the stands full when they start to lose. The NFL has been raking it in, more and more, every year, and trends like that can't continue forever. The league is overexposed, with way too many games on the weekly TV schedule (3 on Sunday or 4 if there's a London game, 1 on Monday, 1 on Thursday which also screws up the players and coaches schedule). It's like Who Wants To Be a Millionaire 10 or 15 years ago. There's just too much, and it stops being special.

And the prices are ridiculous. All praise and glory to Bills fans who will attend a home game in December when it's 15 degrees and snowing and blowing, and the Bills are playing to see if they'll make it to 7 or 8 wins that year. But add the ticket prices, and it won't be long before it's only going to be season ticket holders or people with gift tickets who will go. Why buy a ticket for gazillions and freeze your butt when you can watch at home?

The Patriots biggest risk is if, when they finally start losing again, that the Bruins and Celtics both have good teams, and the Red Sox are in the playoffs.