SNF: Seahawks at Pats**

YoloinOhio

Gronk usually gets away with initiating contact and either flops or pulls the guy down with him and draws a flag, glad to see he didn't get that call...

Since the typical post rips on officiating, I'd like to congratulate the officials on that play. They made the right call and didn't just "give it to them."

• Replies 121
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Pats played a very sloppy game last night! The Brady interception was God awful ugly and the fumble by Edelman hurt a lot. The worst of the worst was a defense unable stop ANYTHING between the 20's.

Well on to SF!

in retrospect maybe trading away two very good players in Chandler Jones and Jamie Collins weren't good decisions?

in retrospect maybe trading away two very good players in Chandler Jones and Jamie Collins weren't good decisions?

watching their pass rush last night I thought the same. Weird sometimes they only rushed 2 but probably figured they weren't getting home anyway. That was not a good OL they were playing! Bills largely controlled the LOS vs Seattle. :cry:

This was a case study on how to defend Gronk. You need physical safeties. I've never seen Gronk hit so hard in my life. Earl Thomas was an animal and Chancellor is always physical. If the Bills have a chance in the draft at a gifted physical safety then they have to get one at all costs

Edelman fumbling made me happier than it should. Sherman recovering it made it less pleasant, but it was the lesser of two evils.

Fumbles are wayyyy up this year for the Patriots. Coincidence? Those fully inflated footballs are a little tougher to hang on to, huh?

Commentators and reporters kept asking Gronk and Hoodie what they thought of the non-call, as if the refs blew it. The idea is so embedded now that the league is in bed with NE that even the "pros" are stunned when they don't get a biased call.

But to prove that favoring Tommy Boy is still an unbreakable habit of the refs, how about the roughing the passer call where the defender was pushed to the ground and towards Brady, then grabs him by...the ankle? WTF? And the commentators were calling that "a dangerous tackle."

And what about the refs never penalizing NE's Oline for constantly cross body blocking at the Seattle D's knees?

If that's your definition of sloppy, you need to watch more bills games.

I think the Bills back in the day with Kelly and the crew would call a performance like last night "sloppy". You can't win games when you turn the ball over.

Fumbles are wayyyy up this year for the Patriots. Coincidence? Those fully inflated footballs are a little tougher to hang on to, huh?

Last year they were about the same as always. This year Edelman fumbling a LOT more (and dropping a lot more) than he ever did. IMO that has more do with him mentally than the Psi of the football. (The guy who got suspended for it has had a career year and off to another career year so I think he likes the psi where it is)

I think the Bills back in the day with Kelly and the crew would call a performance like last night "sloppy". You can't win games when you turn the ball over.

Last year they were about the same as always. This year Edelman fumbling a LOT more (and dropping a lot more) than he ever did. IMO that has more do with him mentally than the Psi of the football. (The guy who got suspended for it has had a career year and off to another career year so I think he likes the psi where it is)

On his way out a la Welker a few years back?

Collins was better against the pass but neither one covers their #1 WR AND why he was ever covered by Roberts is beyond unforgivable by our DC Patricia. (You scream TO when you see that.)

i think Jones was ok they were ok without him, but this was the first game without Collins and well I remember some other first games without a superstar (42-0) I suspect they will right the ship and win out.

On his way out a la Welker a few years back?

He could be, Brady loves him but he will get pissed if he keeps the drops and fumbling up. Not good piss lord VADER OFF..

Gronk usually gets away with initiating contact and either flops or pulls the guy down with him and draws a flag, glad to see he didn't get that call...

I think the ref was ready to throw a flag for offensive PI (which I think it clearly was) had Gronk caught the ball.

This was a case study on how to defend Gronk. You need physical safeties. I've never seen Gronk hit so hard in my life. Earl Thomas was an animal and Chancellor is always physical. If the Bills have a chance in the draft at a gifted physical safety then they have to get one at all costs

It makes alot of sense. After seeing how the D plays with/without Aaron Williams, it really makes all the difference.

Factor in the age of Graham, and the fact that we play Gronk/Bennett twice a year, we need to take one high in the draft or find a good FA replacement.

I think the communication factor plays into it alot, so I want one who is vocal and can call the shots right away.

Where was Hogan? Didn't appear to finish his routes and missed at least one block downfield. Nice shout out to Penn State Lax on his intro though.

Hogan was a non factor, Brady tried feed it to him twice but he either sighed when Brady expected a Zag or he just went to far downfield.

It makes alot of sense. After seeing how the D plays with/without Aaron Williams, it really makes all the difference.

Factor in the age of Graham, and the fact that we play Gronk/Bennett twice a year, we need to take one high in the draft or find a good FA replacement.

I think the communication factor plays into it alot, so I want one who is vocal and can call the shots right away.

IMO that last night lay was a mistake, they keyed on Gronk all game but Bennett was tearing them apart I say they should have done the same play to Bennett on the other side. But hey it's 1 game and the Pats lost it, it was a fun game to watch if you love Offense.. I woukd not lose sleep in a rematch in the SB that game could have gone either way last night.

box score shows zero targets which shows how poor his routes were lol

Lol ya he was a def ghost last night. But the box score is wrong I remember the announcers saying "Hogan has not had any balls thrown his way yet" and litterally on that play Brady tried to thread the needle to him and Hogan turned the wrong way... was a bad game for Hogan.