Sherman fined 9k for hit on Carpenter

YoloinOhio

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

There's a difference between a hit that violates a specific rule, like hitting a QB in the head, and unnecessary roughness. Sherman's play was legal but unnecessary. I'm surprised the fine is so small considering he could have ended Carpenter's career. It could be small due to the ridiculous comments by Carpenter's wife.

With the NFL statements and now a fine, just goes to show how inept NFL refs are that a flag wasn't even thrown. Not to mention the egregious issue with the clock. How refs aren't full time employees of the NFL never made any sense to me. Pretty ridiculous

How does making them full time change anything?

How does making them full time change anything?

I've always thought if full time, they would have debrief film sessions after every game of their game and then a highlight of all games, especially where mistakes were made. I mean 12-14 hours of film review every week and as full time employees you could do that and I think it would go a long way to standardizing penalty calls across the league if they saw what was done well and done poorly over and over.

How much is Walt Anderson being fined?

@salsports

No discipline expected for Walt Anderson's crew over botched halftime situation in Bills/Seahawks MNF game according to @caplannfl and @espn

http://www.wgr550.com/pages/22931648.php?contentType=4&contentId=18991674

@salsports

The $9,115 Sherman was reportedly fined is the most allowed under the CBA for a first offense for roughing.