Syracuse Hoops 2016-17

The Poojer

Boeheim wasn't talking **** about North Carolina or Greensboro, he was actually right. Greensboro is a great town but it's not one that can host a grand stage. The ACC outgrew Greensboro years ago. Charlotte is where it should be. I'm not a fan of rotating the tournament. And for the record, North Carolina isn't a much better state than NY in any way, shape or form

Boeheim reminds me of a dinosaur with many outdated thoughts that don't apply to the here and now. You really don't need to do something in NYC nowadays to garner attention. Modern media has changed the world, and NYC is not necessarily the center of college basketball anymore. The tourney will generate plenty of attention anywhere. I also found the "no value" comment ironic. Apparently there's plenty of "value" in NC to the million former New Yorker's down there. IMO he just came across as uninformed and abrasive as usual. Boeheim has had a rough season both on and off the court. Whenever things don't go his way he has always felt the need to take out his angry on someone else.

• Replies 599
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Boeheim reminds me of a dinosaur with many outdated thoughts that don't apply to the here and now. You really don't need to do something in NYC nowadays to garner attention. Modern media has changed the world, and NYC is not necessarily the center of college basketball anymore. The tourney will generate plenty of attention anywhere. I also found the "no value" comment ironic. Apparently there's plenty of "value" in NC to the million former New Yorker's down there. IMO he just came across as uninformed and abrasive as usual. Boeheim has had a rough season both on and off the court. Whenever things don't go his way he has always felt the need to take out his angry on someone else.

I don't disagree with Boeheim's overarching point, however, the "no value" comment was unnecessary and disrespectful. JB, love him or shove him, has become increasingly abrasive over the years. Don't worry North Carolinians....Jimmy is quickly on his way out the door whether he likes it or not.

2017 ESPN 4 star PG, Howard Washington, FINALLY offered by Syracuse. Formerly a verbal commit to Butler, Washington has stated several times that Syracuse is his "dream school." Expect a visit and a commitment very soon. We really, really need this kid.

https://www.google.com/amp/www.nunesmagician.com/platform/amp/2017/3/12/14895390/syracuse-offers-2017-point-guard-howard-washington-recruiting-basketball-class-prospect

I don't disagree with Boeheim's overarching point, however, the "no value" comment was unnecessary and disrespectful. JB, love him or shove him, has become increasingly abrasive over the years. Don't worry North Carolinians....Jimmy is quickly on his way out the door whether he likes it or not.

Yes. That was my problem with his comments. It seems like he's become the proverbial "grumpy old man". Boeheim has always been known as having a hot temper and being abrasive at times. Now it seems like he's just an aging coach who doesn't care what he says.

unc a 1 seed? that's just odd.

duke may not deserve a 1 seed, but if they didn't get a 1 unc shouldn't. unc should have got a 2. kentucky and ucla might be the only ones to slow them down. unc has an easy ass bracket.

seems a little strange seeing nova be a 1 when looking at other number 1 teams.

HAHAHAHAHA NO CUSE

retire boheim, you're an old hasbeen fool

unc a 1 seed? that's just odd.

duke may not deserve a 1 seed, but if they didn't get a 1 unc shouldn't. unc should have got a 2. kentucky and ucla might be the only ones to slow them down. unc has an easy ass bracket.

seems a little strange seeing nova be a 1 when looking at other number 1 teams.

HAHAHAHAHA NO CUSE

retire boheim, you're an old hasbeen fool

I'm sure that his little tantrum didn't sit too well with the selection committee either. He was just going to complain about seeding, and where they had to play anyway.

Bubble teams come down to judgement and discretion. I believe the committee is not fans of Cuse with their infractions and comments about the tourney.

Not a conspiracy guy, but don't bite the hand that feeds you

Surprised Vanderbilt got in over us. They're the only ? for me.

USC and Wake are questionable too

Wake should not have made it in over Cuse

Did any of them win more than 2 games away from home? Cuse didn't deserve to get in.

They did not all suck, that was the point. Vanderbilt won 8 away from home, as did Wake. USC won 10. Cuse won 2.

I don't know where Vanderbilt got put into this conversation, I did not say anything other than Wake did not deserve to be in. Based on your comment (since I did not know the road records of those teams) it lead me to believe they had similar road records, but I misinterpreted what you were saying. Road records, however are just one determining factor and not end all be all.

How about this:

Cuse beat Wake head to head in their only match up

Wake is 1-7 vs ranked teams this year, Cuse was 3-5

Cuse had a better conference record