I cant believe im backing him but...

Actually Ryan can fix it. He has the power of hindsight, and I agree with him. We should've drafted Wilson in the 3rd rd. And I remember he wanted Brady when he was a backup to Henson at UM. He told us to take a flyer on him in the 5th rd. He makes good points.

Sorry all you have left is shattered dreams. You will learn to love again one day.

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I am TT fan. He does some really nice things with his legs to create opportunities, throws a good long ball, and doesn't turn over the ball. However, he does many things not so well as documented here. For me, he is clearly not a franchise QB. I do think he has the talent to take a well balanced team to the playoffs. This team has many issues and TT needs help to win. This Bills organization continues to thrive with mediocrity... We as fans suffer the consequences.

I don't know that to be true, but I remember some big ones when it mattered.

That is not a fair comparison at all and you know it. Comparing anyone to Brady in that regard is beneath you.

If you couldn't see that first and 10 from the five and smashing the ball into the end zone on 3-4 runs as opposed to a HB option pass by Bush was a bad call. And, it virtually ended any chance the Bills had because their defense and that includes the coaching staff, couldn't stop them at all. Just a little bit of pressure for the Bills QB eh?

I agree with this, but don't say it was on Taylor because he didn't make the throws Brady does.

Look I don't think he's playing great right now. But, like I said earlier- just release him ! Problem solved right?

The smarter thing is to improve everything around him. And, keep working with him to get better.

Tom Brady ain't walking in that door!

Please

I see lots of it.

28 year old QBs don't get better. We've seen his ceiling and it's like a !@#$ing crawlspace.

I'm not buying the narrative either, that he is a higher priority issue than the secondary, the dropped passes, the defense, the coaching , the play calling, the lack of receivers, and above all the injuries.

Way to easy to blame the QB for not scoring 42 pts when you give up 41, and when you get torched by Fitzpatrick.

SO....many People are missing the boat on this. I'm not saying he's playing top 5 QB, but if this team played up to its potential they would have a much better record than 4-4.

I so agree with this! However, It's the way of the world that most fans just focus on the QB and the rest escape accountability.

Many, many Bills fans were saying all offseason the team needed better players at WR, TE and more depth at many positions.

Tyrod had 19 passes that didn't hit their mark and after reviewing them it looked like 7 were actual bad passes overthrown or just off the target. IT WAS RAINING! There were a bunch of dropped passes some better receivers could have made those catches.

To me, it looked like the Patriots got away with quite a bit of pass interference especially from Coleman on Powell.

Tyrod Taylor is what he is and that's a limited QB on a run first team that actually wins games when they run the ball well. The #1 team in the NFL in rushing sometimes forget that's what they do best and Gillislee was averaging 7.1 yards per carry against the Patriots. Too bad the Bills stopped running and had Taylor throw 38 times.

I gotta say that Tyrod is doing now with really nothing a wide out and a O-Line that has alot of trouble protecting him. Most QBs would have trouble in the situation he is in.

I keep hearing that Clay could be a game changer at tight end -- he certainly has not shown it.

I gotta say that Tyrod is doing now with really nothing a wide out and a O-Line that has alot of trouble protecting him. Most QBs would have trouble in the situation he is in.

I keep hearing that Clay could be a game changer at tight end -- he certainly has not shown it.

The pass protection has been absolutely fine --Tyrod just holds the ball forever.

For the second year in a row, he has the longest snap-to-release time in the NFL.

Sorry, but any average QB with these WR's is going to struggle. He doesn't throw interceptions. He makes plays with his legs.

He has started less than two seasons.

Cardale Jones is years away.

TT is the best QB since Bledsoe.

He struggled in game 1 where we needed a td to win.

And Fitz at least had games where he could carry the offense. Fitz would at least be able to keep up with Brady when we had a garbage offense.

Taylor is a game manager who plays his best when he doesn't have to throw the ball. Which seems like a problem for a qb in a passing league. He's a borderline starting qb in the NFL and you could do much worse. But you are so limited with him.

I watched the San Diego vs. Denver game after our debacle against the Patriots. Rivers, who is considered a great throwing quarterback, was all over the place. The difference, it seemed to me, was that his receivers could pull the passes in. I don't think we are giving Tyrod the tools he needs to be more successful in the air...

I so agree with this! However, It's the way of the world that most fans just focus on the QB and the rest escape accountability.

Many, many Bills fans were saying all offseason the team needed better players at WR, TE and more depth at many positions.

Tyrod had 19 passes that didn't hit their mark and after reviewing them it looked like 7 were actual bad passes overthrown or just off the target. IT WAS RAINING! There were a bunch of dropped passes some better receivers could have made those catches.

To me, it looked like the Patriots got away with quite a bit of pass interference especially from Coleman on Powell.

Tyrod Taylor is what he is and that's a limited QB on a run first team that actually wins games when they run the ball well. The #1 team in the NFL in rushing sometimes forget that's what they do best and Gillislee was averaging 7.1 yards per carry against the Patriots. Too bad the Bills stopped running and had Taylor throw 38 times.

Agreed. My thing is people start to panic and freak out. Some of them are pretty surprising because I think they know better.

Like it or not, this team is banged up on offense, and very hard to evaluate fairly.

Agreed. My thing is people start to panic and freak out. Some of them are pretty surprising because I think they know better.

Like it or not, this team is banged up on offense, and very hard to evaluate fairly.

Here is with all his weapons. 230 yard 13 point barnburner. Hes too limited.

http://youtube.com/watch?feature=onebox&v=DJDp4pT408Y

Edited by Ryan L Billz

I guess we have finally gotten to that point where Tyrod is the new EJ.

I.E., he'll be the subject matter of 8 new daily threads for some time.

:bag:

Why didn't you start a new thread to point that out? Come on, get with the program! :) Edited by Augie

Please.

The team attempted 38 passes yesterday, and there maybe 4 drops. That leaves 15 incompletions that weren't drops...and it goes well beyond incompletions. The much bigger issue out there yesterday was that Taylor simply isn't seeing open WRs, and isn't willing to pull the trigger before guys come out of their break. I'm not saying that he needs to be Brady, but there's a mile-wide gap between watching Brady throw with anticipation and watching Taylor wait a full second too long before letting the ball go. It's the very reason that Brandon Tate has a concussion and that Nick O'Leary didn't see a target until the 4th quarter.

Guys are getting open, and they're doing it quickly. Tyrod either isn't seeing them or doesn't trust himself to make the throws, because he's not making them. I disagree that it's accurate to focus in on one ill-advised play call and deem it a microcosm of a poorly-called game by the OC. When you're down 3 TDs in the 4th quarter, it isn't time to play smash-mouth ball.

Defensively, the issue was the secondary. Period. The pass rush was actually very good--Brady was sacked 5 times and hit several other times; he simply managed to make throws anyway. The run defense was stout when called upon.

why didn't NE* run more? I'm surprised they played so loose. I was thinking they'd come in and just pound us slowly. I wonder if they can slow the game down to beat a defense.

The pass protection has been absolutely fine --Tyrod just holds the ball forever.

For the second year in a row, he has the longest snap-to-release time in the NFL.

I don't know what game you were watching yesterday but at times defenders came clean and unblocked! Because Taylor has such great escapability he either threw the ball away or ran it.

There might be times he holds the ball waiting for the receiver to break open or come uncovered. I can also tell you that once the Bills lost the lead the Patriots defenders came after Taylor hard and were getting heavy pressure on him.

The lack of sacks (2) really don't tell the entire story as any other QB would have been sacked bunch of times and would have more INT's on the year. Bills fans forget the players that Taylor was throwing the ball to were not 100%. How many plays did Robert Woods screw up because he couldn't make the break in his pattern because of his foot? Throwing to a receiver like that doesn't instill very much confidence to want to lead him or throw him open.

The Bills leading receiver against the Patriots was Walter Powell (who?) with two actual game starts out of 13 in his three years in the NFL.

Per the norm, finally now, everyones piling on Tyrod....not me.

It has been me in the past, but even after a huge beating yesterday, and in Miami, I am seeing alot of improvement in Tightwads game.

Two sundays in a row now he has used the middle of the field. He threw alot of nice passes, seam type passes, yesterday for first downs, the kind of which he has never thrown in 1.5 seasons. He has started to run up the middle more as well. When he REALLY wants a first, he will take off up the middle and makes it look so easy. The problem has been his penchant for always scrambling sideways, and getting 5-6 yards on third and 7's. Many a game was lost last year do to scrambles up the sideline when the middle was wide open.

If you think he played bad because of the score yesterday, he didnt. Youre wrong and thats that. His numbers yesterday were the same as always but should have been even better. To start I blame the missed FG giving NE time to get a lucky FG, thereby causing the score to be so lopsided we were forced to go for it every time and press. With no wide receivers thats hard to do. I also blame Clay for never making a tough catch. I also blame a crap defense, (mainly gilmore) and I also blame not having McCoy.

With these 5 contributing factors we got trounced. But tightwad was not one. He actually played well considering AND THIS IS COMING FROM ME!

Stay positive Bills fans, Tyrod may be turning the corner and when we get goodwin mccoy and woods back (and dont play new england) we will be much more competitive. In any case until we draft someone at qb, he is the best option we could hope for and can definitely get us some wins.

I didn't think his game was egregious, but I didn't think he played well either...That is an assessment coming from a guy who thinks we should go with TT at least one more year after this. It is hard to tell how much is the skill-position-talent vs. the QB. Either way, they weren't competitive, especially after the gift TD to start the 2nd half.

why didn't NE* run more? I'm surprised they played so loose. I was thinking they'd come in and just pound us slowly. I wonder if they can slow the game down to beat a defense.

The Bills were actually pretty good against the run because Blount had 18 carries for 43 yards, which was a pretty bad 2.4 yard per carry average!

Why run it when you have Tom Brady (GOAT) at QB. He was like a surgeon most of the game and it looked like he relished carving up Rex Ryan's secondary.

I don't know what game you were watching yesterday but at times defenders came clean and unblocked! Because Taylor has such great escapability he either threw the ball away or ran it.

There might be times he holds the ball waiting for the receiver to break open or come uncovered. I can also tell you that once the Bills lost the lead the Patriots defenders came after Taylor hard and were getting heavy pressure on him.

The lack of sacks (2) really don't tell the entire story as any other QB would have been sacked bunch of times and would have more INT's on the year. Bills fans forget the players that Taylor was throwing the ball to were not 100%. How many plays did Robert Woods screw up because he couldn't make the break in his pattern because of his foot? Throwing to a receiver like that doesn't instill very much confidence to want to lead him or throw him open.

The Bills leading receiver against the Patriots was Walter Powell (who?) with two actual game starts out of 13 in his three years in the NFL.

I was watching the one in which Tyrod had open receivers nearly every dropback, but doesn't throw with anticipation or step into clean pockets and instead rolls into pressure.

He's had plenty of time all season; his lack of anticipation or willingness to throw into partial coverage is hurting this offense.

And I like the guy.

Over and over again he doesn't throw the ball until the receiver is completely open. And by the time the ball gets there half the time the receiver is not open anymore and gets clobbered. If he sees them at all.

Yet he may be the Bills best option. He has made plays with his legs, found open receivers while scrambling when the defense breaks down, like the pass to the fullback early in the game.

Given what he can do, and what the rest of the team can't do, and the level of coaching, I'll be astonished if they win more than seven games.

Edited by Dr. K