I cant believe im backing him but...

Per the norm, finally now, everyones piling on Tyrod....not me.

It has been me in the past, but even after a huge beating yesterday, and in Miami, I am seeing alot of improvement in Tightwads game.

Two sundays in a row now he has used the middle of the field. He threw alot of nice passes, seam type passes, yesterday for first downs, the kind of which he has never thrown in 1.5 seasons. He has started to run up the middle more as well. When he REALLY wants a first, he will take off up the middle and makes it look so easy. The problem has been his penchant for always scrambling sideways, and getting 5-6 yards on third and 7's. Many a game was lost last year do to scrambles up the sideline when the middle was wide open.

If you think he played bad because of the score yesterday, he didnt. Youre wrong and thats that. His numbers yesterday were the same as always but should have been even better. To start I blame the missed FG giving NE time to get a lucky FG, thereby causing the score to be so lopsided we were forced to go for it every time and press. With no wide receivers thats hard to do. I also blame Clay for never making a tough catch. I also blame a crap defense, (mainly gilmore) and I also blame not having McCoy.

With these 5 contributing factors we got trounced. But tightwad was not one. He actually played well considering AND THIS IS COMING FROM ME!

Stay positive Bills fans, Tyrod may be turning the corner and when we get goodwin mccoy and woods back (and dont play new england) we will be much more competitive. In any case until we draft someone at qb, he is the best option we could hope for and can definitely get us some wins.

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

It has been me in the past, but even after a huge beating yesterday, and in Miami, I am seeing alot of improvement in Tightwads game.

Two sundays in a row now he has used the middle of the field. He threw alot of nice passes, seam type passes, yesterday for first downs, the kind of which he has never thrown in 1.5 seasons. He has started to run up the middle more as well. When he REALLY wants a first, he will take off up the middle and makes it look so easy. The problem has been his penchant for always scrambling sideways, and getting 5-6 yards on third and 7's. Many a game was lost last year do to scrambles up the sideline when the middle was wide open.

If you think he played bad because of the score yesterday, he didnt. Youre wrong and thats that. His numbers yesterday were the same as always but should have been even better. To start I blame the missed FG giving NE time to get a lucky FG, thereby causing the score to be so lopsided we were forced to go for it every time and press. With no wide receivers thats hard to do. I also blame Clay for never making a tough catch. I also blame a crap defense, (mainly gilmore) and I also blame not having McCoy.

With these 5 contributing factors we got trounced. But tightwad was not one. He actually played well considering AND THIS IS COMING FROM ME!

Stay positive Bills fans, Tyrod may be turning the corner and when we get goodwin mccoy and woods back (and dont play new england) we will be much more competitive. In any case until we draft someone at qb, he is the best option we could hope for and can definitely get us some wins.

I'm not buying the narrative either, that he is a higher priority issue than the secondary, the dropped passes, the defense, the coaching , the play calling, the lack of receivers, and above all the injuries. Way to easy to blame the QB for not scoring 42 pts when you give up 41, and when you get torched by Fitzpatrick. SO....many People are missing the boat on this. I'm not saying he's playing top 5 QB, but if this team played up to its potential they would have a much better record than 4-4.

Edited by The Thurmanator

I'm not buying the narrative either, that he is a higher priority issue than the secondary, the dropped passes, the defense, the coaching , the play calling, the lack of receivers, and above all the injuries.

The Bills had two definite problems yesterday: the secondary and the QB

The Bills had two definite problems yesterday: the secondary and the QB

Wrong! How about skill position players dropping passes, how about the play calling? The Bush call at the goalline was exactly that-bush! How about not sticking to a running game that was working? The overall defense and lack of communication. And yes it is a problem they have a ton of injuries.

Not as simple as is being made out to be as Taylor and Gilmore/Safeties.

Wrong! How about skill position players dropping passes, how about the play calling? The Bush call at the goalline was exactly that-bush! How about not sticking to a running game that was working? The overall defense and lack of communication. And yes it is a problem they have a ton of injuries.

Hooray for apologists.

The jig is up.

Please.

The team attempted 38 passes yesterday, and there maybe 4 drops. That leaves 15 incompletions that weren't drops...and it goes well beyond incompletions. The much bigger issue out there yesterday was that Taylor simply isn't seeing open WRs, and isn't willing to pull the trigger before guys come out of their break. I'm not saying that he needs to be Brady, but there's a mile-wide gap between watching Brady throw with anticipation and watching Taylor wait a full second too long before letting the ball go. It's the very reason that Brandon Tate has a concussion and that Nick O'Leary didn't see a target until the 4th quarter.

Guys are getting open, and they're doing it quickly. Tyrod either isn't seeing them or doesn't trust himself to make the throws, because he's not making them. I disagree that it's accurate to focus in on one ill-advised play call and deem it a microcosm of a poorly-called game by the OC. When you're down 3 TDs in the 4th quarter, it isn't time to play smash-mouth ball.

Defensively, the issue was the secondary. Period. The pass rush was actually very good--Brady was sacked 5 times and hit several other times; he simply managed to make throws anyway. The run defense was stout when called upon.

Hooray for apologists.

The jig is up.

Go ahead and get rid of Taylor right now! Everything is better now right?

At least I'm not irrational. I can actually see an overreaction.

I never said he's the best, perfect or anything close. But, you can't fix the QB problem you believe is our problem.

Edited by The Thurmanator

Go ahead and get rid of Taylor right now! Everything is better now right.

I never said he's the best, perfect or anything close. But, you can't fix the QB problem you believe is our problem.

Actually Ryan can fix it. He has the power of hindsight, and I agree with him. We should've drafted Wilson in the 3rd rd. And I remember he wanted Brady when he was a backup to Henson at UM. He told us to take a flyer on him in the 5th rd. He makes good points.

Stay positive Bills fans, Tyrod may be turning the corner

Really? And what would give you that idea?

I'm far from anti TT...But come on...He is who he is...Would he be better with more weapons? Yes...Would he be good enough to get the Bills where they need to go? I think the evidence is pretty clear on that one... B-)

Go ahead and get rid of Taylor right now! Everything is better now right.

Actually Ryan can fix it. He has the power of hindsight, and I agree with him. We should've drafted Wilson in the 3rd rd. And I remember he wanted Brady when he was a backup to Henson at UM. He told us to take a flyer on him in the 5th rd. He makes good points.

These are non-sequitur arguments.

The OP is saying that Taylor isn't the problem, and many of us believe that he is actually the biggest thing holding back the offense (which is a shame, because I really like the guy).

If the argument is that he's the best we've got right now, I don't see many folks disagreeing with that. If the discussion is whether or not he should stay with the team next year at a near-$16M cap hit, well, I'm finding it rather difficult to support the idea that he's proven himself worthy of that.

Please.

The team attempted 38 passes yesterday, and 1.there maybe 4 drops. That leaves 15 incompletions that weren't drops...and it goes well beyond incompletions. The much bigger issue out there yesterday was that Taylor simply isn't seeing open WRs, and isn't willing to pull the trigger before guys come out of their break. 2.I'm not saying that he needs to be Brady, but there's a mile-wide gap between watching Brady throw with anticipation and watching Taylor wait a full second too long before letting the ball go. It's the very reason that Brandon Tate has a concussion and that Nick O'Leary didn't see a target until the 4th quarter.

Guys are getting open, and they're doing it quickly. Tyrod either isn't seeing them or doesn't trust himself to make the throws, because he's not making them. 3. I disagree that it's accurate to focus in on one ill-advised play call and deem it a microcosm of a poorly-called game by the OC. When you're down 3 TDs in the 4th quarter, it isn't time to play smash-mouth ball.

Defensively, the issue was the secondary. Period. 4.The pass rush was actually very good--Brady was sacked 5 times and hit several other times; he simply managed to make throws anyway. The run defense was stout when called upon.

I don't know that to be true, but I remember some big ones when it mattered.

That is not a fair comparison at all and you know it. Comparing anyone to Brady in that regard is beneath you.

If you couldn't see that first and 10 from the five and smashing the ball into the end zone on 3-4 runs as opposed to a HB option pass by Bush was a bad call. And, it virtually ended any chance the Bills had because their defense and that includes the coaching staff, couldn't stop them at all. Just a little bit of pressure for the Bills QB eh?

I agree with this, but don't say it was on Taylor because he didn't make the throws Brady does.

Look I don't think he's playing great right now. But, like I said earlier- just release him ! Problem solved right?

The smarter thing is to improve everything around him. And, keep working with him to get better.

Tom Brady ain't walking in that door!

These are non-sequitur arguments.

The OP is saying that Taylor isn't the problem, and many of us believe that he is actually the biggest thing holding back the offense (which is a shame, because I really like the guy).

If the argument is that he's the best we've got right now, I don't see many folks disagreeing with that. If the discussion is whether or not he should stay with the team next year at a near-$16M cap hit, well, I'm finding it rather difficult to support the idea that he's proven himself worthy of that.

Please

I see lots of it.

He made 3 or 4 pretty poor passes, either too high and with too much zip for the conditions or too low and behind. Also my biggest gripe, save for 2 or 3 plays, he became a pocket passer and didn't use his legs which are a big weapon of his, in those slippery conditions he could have eluded a lot of defenders, but to play devil's advocate to my own thought, the slipper conditions could be exactly WHY he didn't use his elusiveness, too much threat of injury

Stay emotional and make up statements. Tire fire !

The smarter thing is to improve everything around him. And, keep working with him to get better.

We already did that. improving things around him doesn't change the point that he throws with no anticipation, gets happy feet and waits too long to hit his open guys. I want TT to be the guy as much as anybody, but I find it hard to support his performance this year.

I don't know that to be true, but I remember some big ones when it mattered.

That is not a fair comparison at all and you know it. Comparing anyone to Brady in that regard is beneath you.

If you couldn't see that first and 10 from the five and smashing the ball into the end zone on 3-4 runs as opposed to a HB option pass by Bush was a bad call. And, it virtually ended any chance the Bills had because their defense and that includes the coaching staff, couldn't stop them at all. Just a little bit of pressure for the Bills QB eh?

I agree with this, but don't say it was on Taylor because he didn't make the throws Brady does.

Look I don't think he's playing great right now. But, like I said earlier- just release him ! Problem solved right?

Tom Brady ain't walking in that door!

Please

I see lots of it.

You're missing the point.

Nobody is asking Tyrod to be Brady. Folks are asking him to make an NFL throw on more than half of his passes, and right now, he's not. That he can't do it creates a mile-wide chasm between him and Brady, and that's too great a difference to overcome if you want to win in this league.

As to the last point, I've seen maybe 2 posters ask for him to be pulled; there's no point in even debating that. There is, however, a great deal of concern regarding who should start for this team next year.