Jeeze How unlucky are we to miss out on Prescott

Yeezus

• Replies 161
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well Whaley had 3 chances to draft the guy "he really liked". So he must've not "really liked" him enough.

I've been banging the drum for the Bills to draft 2 QB's every draft because it's so painfully obvious you're absolutely no where as a franchise without a QB that can sling the ball all over the field, something the Bills haven't had for 20 years.

Doug Whaley's philosophy has been much different. He's a run and stop the run type of guy. You saw what that philosophy looks like when you go against teams that have decided they are going to dominate you with offense, particularly the passing game...... and beat you on Sundays. The Bills still are trying to swim upstream with their backwards philosophies and until those philosophies properly match with what wins in this league (passing) this team will continue to waste away in no mans land.

so you want to carry 6-8 QBs on the roster or will you cut 1-2 every year?

I was pretty bullish that he was the best developmental QB in the draft and I think we're seeing some swift progression from him as a passer. A lot of credit has to go to Scott Linehan and Tony Romo, it seems that Romo is being a genuinely good teammate and trying to guide the rookie along.

He's still a little raw and inexperienced but he's showing better pocket presence, keeping his eyes downfield more. Using his mobility to extend plays rather than just taking off like he did a lot in college. We were never going to need Dak this year, Tyrod was always the 2016 starter but it would've been nice to have the kid waiting in the wings seeing how Tyrod's played this year.

I still think that I'd put Romo back in when he's healthy if I'm Jason Garrett because Schwartz managed to create a blueprint for others to follow on how to confuse and pressure him. Prescott isn't a franchise QB yet but, for a developmental rookie, he looks pretty decent.

I was pretty bullish that he was the best developmental QB in the draft and I think we're seeing some swift progression from him as a passer. A lot of credit has to go to Scott Linehan and Tony Romo, it seems that Romo is being a genuinely good teammate and trying to guide the rookie along.

He's still a little raw and inexperienced but he's showing better pocket presence, keeping his eyes downfield more. Using his mobility to extend plays rather than just taking off like he did a lot in college. We were never going to need Dak this year, Tyrod was always the 2016 starter but it would've been nice to have the kid waiting in the wings seeing how Tyrod's played this year.

I still think that I'd put Romo back in when he's healthy if I'm Jason Garrett because Schwartz managed to create a blueprint for others to follow on how to confuse and pressure him. Prescott isn't a franchise QB yet but, for a developmental rookie, he looks pretty decent.

How about that gilmore, bloke ;)

Dallas has rallied around Dak, but I don't see the precision and beauty in the passes I see in Romo. Does Romo still have that magic after the multiple injuries? That is what the Cowboys staff have to determine.

Would we as Bill's fans rather take a chance on Romo or Dak if we could choose one? Do we have a clue what we have in Jones? Dak seems to be a competent game manager, but can he improve and become a Romo in his prime?

How many think Dak is that much better than TT? Both are just competent game managers. Dak just has not shown his ceiling yet like TT has. He is still a shiny new toy with a question mark for his ceiling so people can dream that it is higher. TT no longer has that question mark for a ceiling to dream of.

I don't think it was the genius of Dallas choosing Dak. It was just a lucky roll of the dice. I would like Buffalo to spend the post bye with Jones as #2 to see what he has. We know who and what EJ is. He is also history after this season. Time to put the time and effort in to trying to develop Jones to see if has enough potential.

Time to cut our loses after the season with TT and Gillmore. As it stands now both are just not worth their cap. We have too many holes to fill and too little money.

We need to find an affordable middling vet QB caretaker next year or until we can find our elusive Franchise QB in the draft. We need to find out if Jones is worth the effort to develop while looking for our Franchise QB. I am not saying bench TT, he is here this year, but is not worth the cost of keeping him with his current contract next year. The Bill's pulled another Friz, extending a questionable QB too soon when they were under no pressure to do so. Two horrible gambles that crashed and burned. This time we lost cap space on TT we desperately needed to address our critical needs.

Getting a QB like Dallas did on a gamble requires you to take a chance. The Bills took a chance on Jones too, we need to find out if it was a successful gamble and take an even bigger gamble again next year and possibly the following year on a QB.

Dak was a successful gamble, just how successful will be determined next season. How many rookie QB flashes have come along like RG3.

Edited by simpleman

With Tyrod, Whaley basically decided to go gadget. Once you make that decision, you don't draft a prototypical quarterback. So that's the direction this team is going. EJ was drafed with the same blue print in mind. So I think Tyrod will be back next year. And if you want the Bills to draft a QB like Prescott, you will have to fire Whaley first, or you will have to find a different team to root for until he is fired.

With Tyrod, Whaley basically decided to go gadget. Once you make that decision, you don't draft a prototypical quarterback. So that's the direction this team is going. EJ was drafed with the same blue print in mind. So I think Tyrod will be back next year. And if you want the Bills to draft a QB like Prescott, you will have to fire Whaley first, or you will have to find a different team to root for until he is fired.

What a bunch of nonsense. Do you not realize the Bills had significant interest in drafting Prescott?

Dak is playing behind the very best offensive line in the league with the very best RB to take pressure away from the QB. Opposing teams are so focused on stopping the league's leading rusher rather than the Cowboys QB.

Plus, he has a solid receiving corps to go along with him. His HC is an ex-NFL QB. His OC is an ex-NFL HC. His QB coach is an ex-NFL QB and he has Tony Romo to help tutor him.

Wanna talk Rookie QB's, I think Wentz did an even better job considering he doesn't have as much quality talent around him in the supporting cast and he does most of it with his arm.

NFN, my take is that if you gave Tyrod Taylor all the talent that Dak Prescott has surrounding him and take the Patriots out of the division the Bills would be 6-1 too.