Why aren't the Bills being more aggressive during the trade?

JTO

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

All of the people advocating for a trade for Jeffery need to realize something. It's going to cost at least a third and probably a second round pick. Chicago is going to get at least a third as compensation, so they won't accept less. Couple that with the fact that there's a good chance they couldn't even sign him long term and it just isn't going to happen. I can't imagine the reaction around here if Whaley gave up a second or third for a player that leaves after half a season.

If you can't read then don't come at people. Because he's a stud is why he has great trade value

He's a stud player when he's motivated, not injured and not suspended. He's deep into the NFL's drug program and is looking at a very long suspension if he has another failed test. He's also got a lot of guaranteed money in his contract. That all decreases his trade value. The dead money the Bills would have to eat if they were to trade him prohibits them from trading him at this point. This has been pointed out countless times in this board.

Edited by BarleyNY

All of the people advocating for a trade for Jeffery need to realize something. It's going to cost at least a third and probably a second round pick. Chicago is going to get at least a third as compensation, so they won't accept less. Couple that with the fact that there's a good chance they couldn't even sign him long term and it just isn't going to happen. I can't imagine the reaction around here if Whaley gave up a second or third for a player that leaves after half a season.

That is my some are advocating - bashing Bills is more fun to them than cheering for them.

You see the Pats and various other teams making beneficial moves during the deadline. If I were Rex, I would sit with Whaley and tell him to try and get me a better receiver and better backup RB in order to compete in the weeks ahead. He should be all in or it's curtains for him. Bush has been a waste of money so far and that one receiver (can't remember his name) who earned the final receiver job has been a non factor. We need athleticism, and players that know how to play.

I would look at Chicago first to inquire about Jeffries, then San Fran. As far as RB, let's kick the tires on you know who (wife beater). It's playoffs or bust.

True, but I'm sure Jeffries would pick up the offense very quick. That's the difference between a receiver and a good receiver.

Bills GM Doug Whaley says Buffalo doesn't have cap space ($11.708M, per NFLPA) to squeeze in "a guy with a $14 million cap hit." Alshon Jeffrey has a $14M cap hit.

I think the Bills are looking. But:

The Jeffery situation is difficult because the Bears have zero motivation to trade him given the comp pick when he walks in FA. And he will be impossible for the Bills to resign.

The 49ers WR, if available for a 4th or later I would jump on. But the Bills scouts have done well lately, and he may not fit in with what we need.

Remember we did pickup Justin Hunter. He is a skilled guy. TT needs to target him, Clay and O'Leary more often with catchable passes.

I'd be interested in a vet safety as another poster commented.

Our roster is fine when healthy. A WR trio of Watkins, Rodgers and Woods is very good. Plus draft a guy in Rd. 3-4 next year (assuming we go CB and safety in Rd. 1-2).

Overall, I can't wait to see Marcell snack on Brady this week!!!

The only assets the Bills have is draft picks. So not happening just to back into the playoffs.

There are few scenarios where the Bills could " back into" the playoffs. The only way they get in is by winning games. A lot of them. If the Bills manage ten wins there is no way it could be considered backing into the postseason. Trading for any offensive player and turning it into 6 wins in probably 8 games would be an accomplishment.

@bf_insiders

@BillsFanaticsBF ok #bills fans don't get excited yet but I do know that there have been talks with #saints for a few days

@BF_Insiders @BillsFanaticsBF A WR?

@ashear20 @BillsFanaticsBF I would say yes but don't know 100% sure was just told there have been talks with Saints

@bf_insiders

@BillsFanaticsBF ok #bills fans don't get excited yet but I do know that there have been talks with #saints for a few days

@BF_Insiders @BillsFanaticsBF A WR?

@ashear20 @BillsFanaticsBF I would say yes but don't know 100% sure was just told there have been talks with Saints

They are trying to get Byrd back :lol:

j/k

They are trying to get Byrd back :lol:

j/k

this actually crossed my mind. Vonn Bell appears to have taken his job.

He's been trash in NO but he WAS good in Bflo. Was bad in Rob Ryan scheme though... but knows it... ahhhh my head hurts.

Edited by YoloinOhio