Yay NBA 2016-17 season!

The Poojer

• Replies 506
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The dismantling of the former Buffalo Braves begins:

@WojVerticalNBA

Sources: Clippers All-Star forward Blake Griffin has opted out of his contract to become a free agent.

This was always expected. he and cp3 can get huge raises by opting out.

Very little in the world of the NBA would please me more than to see Lonzo Ball become a colossal bust.

Not being a protective Laker fan.

Why?

Is it his dad? You wish that a kid who, by all accounts is an incredibly hard worker, fails because ESPN wants to drive ratings? Lavar is loud and it has worked incredibly well for him and the BBB brand. He gets so much free publicity from ESPN and the like because they need something to talk about and he gives it to them. You should look into Lonzo himself and see if you still feel the same way. To me there is even a method to Lavar's madness.

"My dad's a funny guy," Lonzo says. "People were coming up to me and saying, 'Are you embarrassed? Your dad said you're going to win the championship.' No, I'm not embarrassed. I know how he's going to act. I just go out there and play. Let him be him."

You want rules and structure? Lonzo says his dad made sure the boys ate breakfast every day before they could leave the house.
"There would always be three things," Lonzo says. "My dad took care of that. Always some type of eggs, some type of bread and then pancakes or waffles or something. I know that everything my dad made me do made me better."

Not being a protective Laker fan.

Why?

Is it his dad?

Yes. If Lonzo is as good as everyone thinks he is he doesn't need ESPN promotion and he doesn't need a loudmouth gravy-train-riding dad making an ass of himself. I'd respect Lonzo if he made it clear to daddy dearest that the career is his, not Lavar's, and to STFU.

All Lavar has done is put immense, unnecessary pressure on Lonzo.

I suppose I shouldn't hope for Lonzo to fail because of Lavar so I'll backtrack on my earlier statement -- but I hate everything about the situation.

Yes. If Lonzo is as good as everyone thinks he is he doesn't need ESPN promotion and he doesn't need a loudmouth gravy-train-riding dad making an ass of himself. I'd respect Lonzo if he made it clear to daddy dearest that the career is his, not Lavar's, and to STFU.

I suppose I shouldn't hope for Lonzo to fail because of Lavar so I'll backtrack on my earlier statement -- but I hate everything about the situation.

Yeah that was the only part I took issue with.

It is a symptom of the news cycle these days though. I'm actually impressed with Lavar as I think he is just the world's best troll and gets ESPN and others to buy right into it. I do agree that there will be a little something extra for Lonzo but I don't think it will last long. Ultimately he will sink or swim on his own merits. Lavar will follow the same trajectory as every other big mouth. He eventually will fade into irrelevance. For now though I'm enjoying him. He was annoying at first but then I thought about what he is doing and it is kind of genius. NBA is a star league and he made Lonzo a more household name than the #1 over all pick. He has opened a lot of doors for his sons for all of the road blocks he may have put up. His 14 year old son is a household name even!

Yeah that was the only part I took issue with.

It is a symptom of the news cycle these days though. I'm actually impressed with Lavar as I think he is just the world's best troll and gets ESPN and others to buy right into it. I do agree that there will be a little something extra for Lonzo but I don't think it will last long. Ultimately he will sink or swim on his own merits. Lavar will follow the same trajectory as every other big mouth. He eventually will fade into irrelevance. For now though I'm enjoying him. He was annoying at first but then I thought about what he is doing and it is kind of genius. NBA is a star league and he made Lonzo a more household name than the #1 over all pick. He has opened a lot of doors for his sons for all of the road blocks he may have put up. His 14 year old son is a household name even!

How so?

Is his first name "Basket"?

eball.....im not a fan of the dad either....but....hopeing for Lonzo to fail because of it?

Kids dont get to choose their dad

eball.....im not a fan of the dad either....but....hopeing for Lonzo to fail because of it?

Kids dont get to choose their dad

You apparently didn't read the last line of the post you quoted.

Still, once a young man grows up he can certainly ask his dad to stay out of his business.

You apparently didn't read the last line of the post you quoted.

Still, once a young man grows up he can certainly ask his dad to stay out of his business.

Certainly but is 19 old enough to do that? At 35 I'm still asking my father for advice. I can't imagine at 19 trying to tell him anything lol.

I'm really surprised this didn't show up yet: http://ftw.usatoday.com/2017/06/wwe-issues-statement-after-15-year-old-lamelo-ball-uses-racial-slur-on-live-tv

It is another over blown situation and I had to listen a couple of times to even hear it but it made me think of this thread.