Biggest Surprise and Biggest Disappointment

MAJBobby

Question for those that want to play. Halfway dont with season just about. What is your biggest surprise and biggest disappointment of this Bills team.

I will start

Biggest Surprise:

Play of the LBers. Even with the worst game of the season was MIA, I actually thought this unit would be much worse. What is also surprising me the most is it is not Hughes and P Brown (albiet they are good too) leading the way instead it is offseason additions Z Brown and Alexander (guy brought in to play teams) leading the way.

Biggest Disappointment

Clay - I know he impacts game running the ball, and runs routes in an area of the field not often targeted, at his contract with no Sammy or Woods needs to be more of an impact. Were are the TE screens, slants and such i saw him run in MIA. Also his explosion isnt there. Is his body (knee) breaking down? If so that contract is gonna drag us down beause we are married to him awhile now.

Those are my two, what say you?

For me it's how well Alexander has played, his timing, attention level is always to the max. If some of our more talented players had his desire and awareness we would be in better shape.

Disappointment has to be Watkins. As soon as the surgery was announced I was concerned about the recovery but month after month and Instagram pic after Twitter pic we were told how well he is doing. Playing pick up hoops before the season etc. Will he ever be the player we drafted him to be? Dareus should be taking this spot but he is my off my radar, I hope him and Brady collide and both end their seasons....but I'm sure he will be on the bench in street clothes just chilling.

Surprise for me are the FA LB's Alexander and Zach Brown. I thought that they were bottom of the roster, depth players that are having Pro Bowl years.

Watkins and Dareus for me on the disappointing end. I know that a lot of it is out of their control but they are 2 of the 3 best players on the team (with Shady). They haven't contributed anything to date but headaches.

Honorable mention:

Surprise: Felton - Thought that he was a borderline NFL player that is really helping the team.

Disappointment: Reggie Bush - Thought that he would be a gadget guy and part-time player that would make a few big plays. I have always advocated for these types at the bottom of the roster but they have to make a few big plays whether it be rushing, returning or receiving. He hasn't done enough of that yet. I was hoping that he would get roughly 8 touches a game and make 1 play to help the team with those touches.

Liar! You know it's Tyrod. -LOL

...but I'll play along

Big Surprise- Lorax & Zach

Honoroble mention- Oleary

Big Disappointment- Gilmore & Darby

Honoroble mention- Dareus

Actually its not Tyrod. The play i am seeing from him i expected, so cant be disappointed in that. I thought he was at his ceiling last year. That really is the truth.

Well that and I think there is a want to problem with some players on this team. Another disappointment

Nice topic by the way!!

Thanks figured it would be fun

Liar! You know it's Tyrod. -LOL

...but I'll play along

Big Surprise- Lorax & Zach

Honoroble mention- Oleary

Big Disappointment- Gilmore & Darby

Honoroble mention- Dareus

This post is really hard to argue with. The Alexander thing blows my mind & still think Darby/ Gilmore is a really good duo.

As for Tyrod, I've always had my doubts about his passing skill. However, I wanted to see some signs of him being able to carry an offense by himself. I haven't seen that at all.

Surprise -

Lorax - Wow. just wow.

Zach -- Ditto wow

Adolphus Washington -- he's held up pretty good, except for the Phins

Shady-- when healthy has been awesome!

Rex and Rob-- made some adjustments and getting rid of Roman has been a revelation

Ed Reed -- he's going to be a great coach

Disappointments run deep.

Sammy -- we miss him a lot

Woods-- can't step it up

Clay-- paid too much for this kind of production

Dareus-- see Clay x 100

Gilmore-- not a shutdown corner

Gragg-- he was turning the corner and really could have helped

Ragland-- dumb luck

Tyrod -- has not progressed as planned

Karlos-- he could have been a contender

O-line-- not as dominant as they need to be

Goodwin-- glass, just can't stay on the field enough to contribute like he needs to.

Blanton-- holy cow does he suck

Meeks-- this is not depth. he is a liability on the field

Surprise for me are the FA LB's Alexander and Zach Brown. I thought that they were bottom of the roster, depth players that are having Pro Bowl years.

Watkins and Dareus for me on the disappointing end. I know that a lot of it is out of their control but they are 2 of the 3 best players on the team (with Shady). They haven't contributed anything to date but headaches.

Honorable mention:

Surprise: Felton - Thought that he was a borderline NFL player that is really helping the team.

Disappointment: Reggie Bush - Thought that he would be a gadget guy and part-time player that would make a few big plays. I have always advocated for these types at the bottom of the roster but they have to make a few big plays whether it be rushing, returning or receiving. He hasn't done enough of that yet. I was hoping that he would get roughly 8 touches a game and make 1 play to help the team with those touches.

Great Honorable mention to with Felton. I think his injury also hurt a ton in MIA. I know he played but that back was likely causing him issues

I won't go with injuries as the disappointments.

Surprise I'll go with Lorax but a close second is Z Brown.

Disappointment for me is easily hands down Gilmore with no close second, that's how disappointing his play has been. If you want to be the highest paid corner in the league, you can't be giving up that many bad plays.

I won't go with injuries as the disappointments.

Surprise I'll go with Lorax but a close second is Z Brown.

Disappointment for me is easily hands down Gilmore with no close second, that's how disappointing his play has been. If you want to be the highest paid corner in the league, you can't be giving up that many bad plays.

:thumbsup: Lorax has taken the entire league by surprise.

If I'm not mistaken doesn't Thurman's coverages ask the CB's to be in more man coverage than they are used to being in?

The second disappointment is Dareus not being smart enough and being so selfish that he couldn't stop with the weed. If I'm Whaley I find a way to trade him before he is gone for a year. The recklessness with the cars should have given someone in the FO some insight into his maturity. Rex Ryan has shown he can find really good DT's in the draft so find a way to dump this selfish bum before it's too late. Josh Gordon, what another waste of talent and the Browns lost their chance to obtain anything for him.

Defense:

Surprise: Alexander obviously there, Z. Brown a second.

Disappointment: Gilmore is first b/c he's Gilmore, Darby 2nd b/c somehow he has the worst PFF score of all?...which I didn't realize until just now. (note: Dareus is actually #1 but since he's inactive all year I consider him ineligible).

Offense:

Surprise: Shady. He's Shady, but I didn't quite expect this. Hopefully this hamstring goes away quick...b/c I did expect that. I'll give second place to Felton. We cut his ass, and even draft Gronk's brother in the summer before we did that! He's proven his worth...everyone raves about him.

Disappointment: Tyrod. I'm sorry I don't think he sucks but I just wanted more, and the Bills need more, and there is no more. I'll give second place to Clay and that requires no explanation although it may have a lot to do with Tyrod but hard to portion out the blame. (note: I'm not knocking Sammy for the injury, it's obviously the most disappointing thing on offense but similar to Dareus he's ineligible for purposes of this list).

Edited by dayman