Should Landry Get Suspended? Update: Fined 24k

fridge

• Replies 238
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Exactly. He threw his shoulder into Williams neck/ head. Should be suspended but will not be because NFL talk of player safety is just that - talk.

All talk? Maybe but so is all the same talk by the players regarding player safety issues. These guys still love delivering these hits week after week. And AW, despite obvious and repeated health threatening hits and injuries, can't wait to get back out there and will not retire to preserve what health he still has. Yet he will file that lawsuit against the league some years from now...

Edited by Mr. WEO

Don't watch the hit, just watch his feet. He's not taking a normal step, both of his feet leave the ground together, Landry is literally launching at William's neck. I'll be disappointed if there isn't a suspension.

I will be disappointed as well if there is no fine.

Nevertheless, after what the NFL did and did not do after the Pats game, nothing will surprise me . . . .

Don't watch the hit, just watch his feet. He's not taking a normal step, both of his feet leave the ground together, Landry is literally launching at William's neck. I'll be disappointed if there isn't a suspension.

I will be disappointed if Landry leaves New Era under his own power in December. That was a blatant intent to injure and probably ended the career of another player. The league will do nothing, so it's up to AW's teammates.

So, Jarvis Landry already had 1 unsportsmanlike penalty heading into that play.....

If he "spins" a football again, he's ejected.

If he attempts to take a guy's head off, it's only a 15 yard penalty.

Come on!

That was my biggest complaint on the play.

Why on earth would Landry be shaken if he dished out what he believed was a clean hit?

Domenick Hixon was very shaken after Kevin Everett went down...and Hixon didn't even hit Everett, Everett hit him.

Whatever he thought about the hit is irrelevant to being shaken up by the result.

I will be disappointed if Landry leaves New Era under his own power in December. That was a blatant intent to injure and probably ended the career of another player. The league will do nothing, so it's up to AW's teammates.

And what did they do?

Anyway, he was reported as not in the concussion protocol and was team meetings today, so why do you think his career is probably ended?

No question it was an illegal hit; can't launch and hit in the head/neck, hence the flag.

The only question is whether or not it was a cheap shot, as in: did he intentionally try to hit him in the head/neck? I'd guess no based off his reaction.

His reaction?

He knew he made a mistake. But that does not mean he did not intend to clean his clock

Should be a hefty fine coming at the very least. I was livid when he went out there to try and pat Aaron on the back to try and save face in front of the cameras. The players should have gone over there and got between them and not let him touch AW after how blatant and dirty that was. He didn't deserve to pat his back, and would have been really cool to see the Bills stop him from doing so. But it was on the Dolphins side of the field and near the end zone though, so that's tough I guess.

The fine means little. The suspension means the NFL reallys gives a Rats patoot about how players play the game.

How is Burfict doing these days btw...

And what did they do?

Anyway, he was reported as not in the concussion protocol and was team meetings today, so why do you think his career is probably ended?

They didn't do s**t, which is disappointing.

Given AW's history, I'll be surprised to see him on the field in the next few weeks, regardless whether he's attending team meetings.

It's his job to go he hit really hard and possibly even hurt him. But to do it within the rules.

Whether his intent was to be dirty or he just got caught in a moment and misplayed it I don't know. A WR tends not to be as skilled in his hitting. It's possible he was going fast and just blew it accidentally.

i dont get that last bit. Especially from you. you did watch the multiple times i assume ?

Changing angle, leaving feet, launching at AW, and going high, who was nearly stationary considering game speed.

The only thing i might say is that thing " head on a swivel"

but that does not change Landry's clear intent to tomake the BIG hit

All talk? Maybe but so is all the same talk by the players regarding player safety issues. These guys still love delivering these hits week after week. And AW, despite obvious and repeated health threatening hits and injuries, can't wait to get back out there and will not retire to preserve what health he still has. Yet he will file that lawsuit against the league some years from now...

reaching a bit, and losing focus

Prepare to be disappointed

Sad state of affairs

That was my biggest complaint on the play.

Domenick Hixon was very shaken after Kevin Everett went down...and Hixon didn't even hit Everett, Everett hit him.

Whatever he thought about the hit is irrelevant to being shaken up by the result.

Your clarity remains. even at your age.

They didn't do s**t, which is disappointing.

Given AW's history, I'll be surprised to see him on the field in the next few weeks, regardless whether he's attending team meetings.

No , i hate to say it was the mature and wise thing to do.

Good Coaching tells them to never retaliate.

No. It was a clean hit. With his shoulder. Not his fault Aaron Williams can't see a blocker coming at him.

Hate to say it, Williams is probably done and he should be if he wants to walk after he hangs his cleats up

The dude left his feet and jumped at him!!

i dont get that last bit. Especially from you. you did watch the multiple times i assume ?

Changing angle, leaving feet, launching at AW, and going high, who was nearly stationary considering game speed.

The only thing i might say is that thing " head on a swivel"

but that does not change Landry's clear intent to tomake the BIG hit

reaching a bit, and losing focus

Prepare to be disappointed

Sad state of affairs

What am I reaching for and losing focus of?