Should Landry Get Suspended? Update: Fined 24k

fridge

Lol....posting vids of Tasker??? What a dinosaur. Get with it you dolt! That may have been another lifetime ago with all the changes to the game since Tasker played.

Bottom line is that it was a dirty hit. He got penalized and will be fined.

For the life of me I cant figure out how Landry recovered the onsides kick and one of our cowardly players didnt put their foot on his neck.

thats not the argument. People here are seriously saying that no matter who made the hot and who it was against, it was a savage hit. "Made me sick to my stomach" was one quite I remember seeing. What's the difference if it was done yesterday or 10-30 years ago. If it's a "disgusting" and "dirty" hot now, it's a disgusting and dirty hit then. The era that it took place shouldn't make a difference.

• Replies 238
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

thats not the argument. People here are seriously saying that no matter who made the hot and who it was against, it was a savage hit. "Made me sick to my stomach" was one quite I remember seeing. What's the difference if it was done yesterday or 10-30 years ago. If it's a "disgusting" and "dirty" hot now, it's a disgusting and dirty hit then. The era that it took place shouldn't make a difference.

I disagree. We know a lot more today than we did in Tasker's era about the long-term effects of head injuries.

In 1990, we would have cringed and wondered about the impact of the hit on the roster for the rest of the season. Today we know it will have significant impacts on the player's life moving forward. It's a different era.

Again, it was not necessary to deliver a head shot for Landry to have a positive impact on the play. Take the opponent out of the play, not the game.

kj

i think becoming a bit more aware of the consequences of said hits makes a pretty big difference.

i think becoming a bit more aware of the consequences of said hits makes a pretty big difference.

savage is savage regardless of the era.

People defending that hit as "clean", I hope you are trolling. That is as dirty as it gets.

says the guy with a Greg Williams profile pic. Hypocrite much?

savage is savage regardless of the era.

but ones evaluation of what is savage sure can change when you learn more about the results of the action.

and then you get to weigh that a hit from tasker was likely savage, without him being a jerk as he didnt have the same info.

see how easy it was to remove all that cognitive dissonance you seem to be having with reconciling why the discussions can vary?

but ones evaluation of what is savage sure can change when you learn more about the results of the action.

and then you get to weigh that a hit from tasker was likely savage, without him being a jerk as he didnt have the same info.

see how easy it was to remove all that cognitive dissonance you seem to be having with reconciling why the discussions can vary?

did you watch the video of Tasker talking about hitting people and what a high it gave him?

And don't think for 1 minute that players back then didn't know that hitting other players regardless of where in their body, wasn't a sure possibility of injury. They play the game for a living. They know the consequences. Always have. Or maybe Mark Kelso wore the Great Kazoo helmet because he thought it looked cool. Makes sense. Got it

I dont know about that. If youve watched Tasker call a game recently, its pretty obvious what those hits do to a person. I often wonder if hes watching the game or just yelling at the floaters that he probably sees 24/7.

Look, dirty hots are dirty hots. It doesnt take a genus to see whats what.

I dont know about that. If youve watched Tasker call a game recently, its pretty obvious what those hits do to a person. I often wonder if hes watching the game or just yelling at the floaters that he probably sees 24/7.

i don't understand your argument here. I'm not arguing what the affects can and will be on any player. I'm arguing of the hit was dirty or not. It wasn't. It was a clean hit. He went high, he probably wasn't expecting AWs head to be right where he lunged but it was. It wasn't malicious at all, he hit with his shoulder not his helmet.

Doesn't AW refer to himself as a savage?

to add to this comment (and I have no idea what AW refers to himself as) this is am exactly the type of hit that Aaron Williams has prided himself on since being in the league. He has always played with no regard for his or anyone else's safety while playing the game. And that is what has caused him to get hurt so much. He's wreckless to say the least on the field.

to add to this comment (and I have no idea what AW refers to himself as) this is am exactly the type of hit that Aaron Williams has prided himself on since being in the league. He has always played with no regard for his or anyone else's safety while playing the game. And that is what has caused him to get hurt so much. He's wreckless to say the least on the field.

Just google Aaron Williams Savages ....really puts the whole discussion into perspective.

He is not a repeat offender like Burfict and such so until he hits that status will be flagged and fined

You are correct. My point is that if they really want to stop this stuff ejection and suspension is the only way. Unless you take away playing time and game checks fines don't matter to these guys.

I don't think it was a dirty as everyone is making it out to be. In the moment, he's not thinking about things it is, he's trying to be a football player and dish it out.

You could tell he was visibly shaken by what he did.

I hope Aaron or okay but I'm not hating on the hit.

I agree.

No. It was a clean hit. With his shoulder. Not his fault Aaron Williams can't see a blocker coming at him.

Hate to say it, Williams is probably done and he should be if he wants to walk after he hangs his cleats up

I agree, that was just football.

Do you stipulate that Landry, while running, jumped and launched himself at AW's head? If so, are you just saying that it's ok because AW should have seen it coming?

i don't understand your argument here. I'm not arguing what the affects can and will be on any player. I'm arguing of the hit was dirty or not. It wasn't. It was a clean hit. He went high, he probably wasn't expecting AWs head to be right where he lunged but it was. It wasn't malicious at all, he hit with his shoulder not his helmet.

False. Landry knew his assignment on the play. He lined up his man and DECIDED to go high on him. Thats the dirty part. Williams wasnt looking (his fault) but Landry could have just laid a hard clean shot to his midsection, legs, shoulder, etc. If he does that, all this thread ends up being about is how bad of a play it is for Williams.

His decision to go high (despite all of the known info on head injuries) is why its a dirty play.