The Bills #1 WR is a guy the Fish just cut

YoloinOhio

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It matters bc some are concerned about going to war with other teams "rejects." (For us former dolphins players).

What im saying is that player x's failure on another team doesnt mean they wont succeed with our coaches and system.

https://www.google.com/amp/www.masslive.com/articles/19369179/new_england_patriots_cleveland.amp?client=safari

That seems like an obvious thing to know. Players play better and worse on different teams all the time.

WR was the biggest issue with this team last offseason and it wasn't addressed. Bringing in a crew of castoffs to battle it out in training camp rather than try and get a legit guy has certainly backfired on us. Sammy is talented but was hurt so they should have been prepared. Woods is a #3. Hunter is a project/situational redzone guy. The rest of the guys should not be in the NFL. Hopefully we don't need to pass this week but imo we are in trouble vs the Pats

Disagree, nobody plans on their top three WR's getting hurt. Most teams would be in trouble. We have won 4 in a row as well with 2 of top 3 at the position being out. Losing Woods is just going to make it that much tougher.

Disagree, nobody plans on their top three WR's getting hurt. Most teams would be in trouble. We have won 4 in a row as well with 2 of top 3 at the position being out. Losing Woods is just going to make it that much tougher.

Who is our top 3? What are Greg Salas' stats? Dude is a glorified practice squad player. How can you disagree that we don't and never have had a 3rd WR let alone any quality depth? They failed to replace Harvin, they knew Watkins was hurt going in, Woods isn't that good. Injuries are just exposing what was already an issue going into the season

WR was the biggest issue with this team last offseason and it wasn't addressed. Bringing in a crew of castoffs to battle it out in training camp rather than try and get a legit guy has certainly backfired on us. Sammy is talented but was hurt so they should have been prepared. Woods is a #3. Hunter is a project/situational redzone guy. The rest of the guys should not be in the NFL. Hopefully we don't need to pass this week but imo we are in trouble vs the Pats

You nailed everything right on the head.

Clay,Woods, and Goodwin are all still better than Hunter at this point

Not statistically

Wait a minute. Did I miss something? Is Woods OUT? How did you figure OUT that Hunter is our #1? I've seen him work well on the OUTside, but he's only caught 3 passes.

I don't think our WRs are as OUT-matched as you think. Sure, with Sammy, and Salas being OUT, other guys have had to step up. But, O'Leary has stood OUT in the past couple games, and should get more targets, and I honestly believe that Goodwin's numbers have been less than OUTstanding as a result of the type of rOUTes he has been assigned- throws which TT has had trouble making.

And, of course, our run game has been stOUT.

Well done my friend

Fire Whaley?

don't stop there !

Except that Woods is wearing a boot, did not practice, and is listed as "doubtful" for Sunday.

Clay injured his ankle, is listed as "Limited", and "questionable" for Sunday.

This is AGAIN, where Coaching is what really matters. Get what you got lined up, and make it work

I think his point was Clay and Woods are questionable for teh game and at this point in practice Hunter is indeed the #1 WR on this team.

When you consider that seriously, a little " wow" just gasped out of me.

This should be fun ! I love when it gets weird like this. and i still expect to win.

looking for 22 sunday

I get that you believe WR was "the biggest issue with this team last offseason", but obviously, the Bills FO and coaches didn't agree with you, which would be why we went heavy on D in the draft and FA signings.

And practically speaking, given that

1) we are built to win as a run-centered offense

2) we expected to have 3 of our top 5 WR back (Watkins, Wood, Goodwin back, Hogan and Harvin gone) and felt we had decent backups in Salas, Powell, and Lewis

3) in terms of performance, the O did OK last year and the huge dropoff on D coupled with loss of Mario Williams and Bradham in the offseason, appeared to leave obvious talent gaps to fill

I have to admit I understand their logic and must respectfully disagree with your assessment of WR as the biggest offseason issue on the team.

In re Watkins, even if the team knew he had a Jones fracture last offseason, the statistics are 80% heal without surgery, and with surgery 80% are able to RTP in 8-10 weeks. I understand the emotional fan tendency to want to blame the FO for everything, but try to follow the logic: if the probabilities favor your #1 wideout should be healthy and back and you like your #2 and your TE, does it really make sense to push the "panic button" on WR when you perceive a number of D positions as greater needs?

It's kind of the necessary SOP in the salary cap era: first you fill your starting positions, then you try to scrape in a pile of FA and UDFA and hope you find a little gem in the pile

Edited by Hapless Bills Fan

I get that you believe WR was "the biggest issue with this team last offseason", but obviously, the Bills FO and coaches didn't agree with you, which would be why we went heavy on D in the draft and FA signings.

And practically speaking, given that

1) we are built to win as a run-centered offense

2) we expected to have 3 of our top 5 WR back (Watkins, Wood, Goodwin back, Hogan and Harvin gone) and felt we had decent backups in Salas, Powell, and Lewis

3) in terms of performance, the O did OK last year and the huge dropoff on D coupled with loss of Mario Williams and Bradham in the offseason, appeared to leave obvious talent gaps to fill

I have to admit I understand their logic and must respectfully disagree with your assessment of WR as the biggest offseason issue on the team.

In re Watkins, even if the team knew he had a Jones fracture last offseason, the statistics are 80% heal without surgery, and with surgery 80% are able to RTP in 8-10 weeks. I understand the emotional fan tendency to want to blame the FO for everything, but try to follow the logic: if the probabilities favor your #1 wideout should be healthy and back and you like your #2 and your TE, does it really make sense to push the "panic button" on WR when you perceive a number of D positions as greater needs?

It's kind of the necessary SOP in the salary cap era: first you fill your starting positions, then you try to scrape in a pile of FA and UDFA and hope you find a little gem in the pile

Well maybe they could have put a bit more effort in?

Hunter was a bit of luck. Goodwin was not a for sure if he had not fallen short of qualifying.

Powell never really has proved anything up to the season start. Lewis went back to PS.

I appreciate your opinion for sure. But the answer is somewhere in between. I think the Bills were trying to squeak by, thinking Salas would be good enough. After a 3 game evaluation : ( .

Bills might have muffed this one

This is AGAIN, where Coaching is what really matters. Get what you got lined up, and make it work

When you consider that seriously, a little " wow" just gasped out of me.

This should be fun ! I love when it gets weird like this. and i still expect to win.

looking for 22 sunday

+1. We just need to get this win as our next three weeks are fairly difficult games where we will be the underdogs

Well maybe they could have put a bit more effort in?

Hunter was a bit of luck. Goodwin was not a for sure if he had not fallen short of qualifying.

Powell never really has proved anything up to the season start. Lewis went back to PS.

I appreciate your opinion for sure. But the answer is somewhere in between. I think the Bills were trying to squeak by, thinking Salas would be good enough. After a 3 game evaluation : ( .

Bills might have muffed this one

Remember they did bring in veteran Greg Little to battle out in the camp. He did not make the cut. The Bills had to take care of protecting the OL and did that. They drafted for the D as it was horrible last season. We still had Clay and Watkins as play makers and Woods as a decent #2/#3 option. Starting in FA, it was not a bad position

Clay,Woods, and Goodwin are all still better than Hunter at this point

I wouldnt say Goodwin, I think hes been hurt so much that its hurt his development to run the route tree and make those tough contested catches. I wouldnt say its talent with Hunter bc I havent seen him play enough to make that judgement, have you? Its really that he doesnt know the playbook yet. I would put Clay and Woods above him tho.

Their star safety is out for the rest of the year. Going to be some one on one match ups deep. This is where Tyrod's deep ball comes back to life after all these weeks on a respirator, IMO.

Yes! Im looking forward to that long bomb to Goodwin for a TD this Sunday! Count on it!

How about the fact that Hunter, Clay, Richie and Gilislee all played for the Dolphins before being let go/taken away. We could beat them with their rejects and cast offs. That would be funny.

And Reggie, and Carpenter. That would be awesome and its a very big possibility we pull this off because our Defense is better than their offense and Thurman will force Tanney to throw a pick or two with his schemey schemes.

But what does is signify? Tie-rod......doesn't make any sense. He'll lead the bills to ties? He collects twist ties? He doesn't tie his shoes? I don't get it

:lol::lol: That comment was funny! People just use any type of TomFoolery to put someone down.

That Hughes trade may be top 3-5 all-time in Bills history.

Hell yeah bobobreh! Highway robbery, who pulled that off for us? That man deserves a cookie.