The Bills #1 WR is a guy the Fish just cut

YoloinOhio

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Obviously with hindsight from where we are today, the Bills should have more effort into the WR position. I can't agree with the OP I was responding to that "WR was the biggest need on the team last offseason and it wasn't addressed". Do you? It wasn't the biggest need, and the Bills did try to address it according to their perception of the need (much lower down than DL, LB, OL and RB).

If we've moved on to whether or not I LIKE how the Bills addressed the WR position in the off season, I did not, and I agree they could have done more. Example: I didn't like using a 6th round pick on a guy who can't play this season. I tend to believe there might have been someone who could potentially play this season you could pick up, especially given you know there's a chance Watkins may not play and Goodwin may be off jumping around. But, lower round draft choices either get stashed on PS or play ST if they make the team, so the Bills may have looked at it "here's a guy we can stash right off". I just disagree.

I've heard the Bills really like Goodwin and they thought he had a great camp. OK. That'd be a place where as a fan, I don't agree with that judgement. I also think they had high hopes for Des Lewis, but he disappeared in camp. So they put him on the PS, but, was there no one who actually might contribute, out there? If there was an injury or something that derailed him, IR the guy and bring someone else in from the cutting floor.

Anyway, yes, I agree, the Bills could have done more with WR in the offseason. I understand why they went into TC thinking they'd done enough and had solid starters, as a fan it would be one place where I don't agree. But that doesn't mean I think it was the biggest need, or understand that the Bills thought they'd done sufficient to address it.

Absolutely hindsight.

In regard to my opinion on WRs pre season.

Watkins was hurt last year

Woods was hurt last year

Goodwin was hurt last year.

Salas played 3 games.

Powell ?

Dez Lewis..

Yep maybe some more effort. Hunter seems like dumb luck nearly.

Highest priority considering our Offense ?, probably not.

I am surprised they have no one ready to step up from PS at this point.

All that being said, i am pretty stoked to watch Hunter today. I hope this game will be a surprise to us from the WRs and TEs.

Quick thought with Hunter, he wasn't with Miami long but he did have to practice against these DBs while he was on the team. Might have a few ideas about their vulnerabilities.

That being said a WR corps of Hunter, Goodwin, Powell, Tate and Reggie Bush isn't striking fear in anyone. They're going to have to use packages with Clay and O'Leary both on the field, either with both in formation or Clay in the slot, to exploit the middle of the field.

We all know Alonso is a very good coverage LB, but is super aggressive and bites on play action and misdirection frequently. Lynn needs to dial up plays with these attributes, testing Alonso and whoever the replacement for Reshad Jones is with seam routes.