Let's talk about...John Miller

Rubes

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I never really paid much attention to this stuff in years past but evidently everyone said we were much more effective running behind the left side of the line last year and this year I've noticed that we seem to run just as much- and just as effectively- running to the right. Am I wrong?

He was terrible last year and I was really upset we did nothing to upgrade the right side of the line. His improvement from year 1 to year 2 has been great and I'm so glad I was wrong. This may be the team I thought we should have last year.

I'm trying to avoid being smug about him but I'm finding it really hard. He's seen Brandon Williams, Leonard Williams, Calais Campbell and Aaron Donald this year. Hasn't looked like he's out of his depth against any of them. Really happy for him, making his mother proud.

He handled Donald one on one on that opening 16 yard burst by Shady up the middle

Well it more shows how little most who post here really know. Practically everyone here wants pro bowl level play out of rookies and when it doesn't happen, then that player needs to be replaced and Whaley is an idiot for not doing that.

O-line is probably one of the toughest spots for rookies to com in due to the fact the O lineman typically play all game, they don't sub out unless they get hurt or nicked up. So the "rookie wall" likely hits them much harder than other positions. But armchair GM's won't accept that.

Anyone think we still need to upgrade that position? Dude is playing like a man. Looking more and more like a fantastic draft pick.

Completely 100% untrue!!, the team let a rookie get a year older. They get that!

He was terrible last year and I was really upset we did nothing to upgrade the right side of the line. His improvement from year 1 to year 2 has been great and I'm so glad I was wrong. This may be the team I thought we should have last year.

I am not surprised. I thought the signs were there last year for those willing to genuinely watch the tape and look for them.

^This. He was inconsistent early on, but you could clearly see the makings of a good G in his game. Then he was hampered by that high ankle which limited his effectiveness as well. Technique wise, he was usually very sound right out of the gate. Another year and working with the same group has helped a ton as well.