Week 6: 49ers' Game Preparation - Inactives Announced

@NickVeronica

The 49ers are coming to Buffalo this week – but they still don't who their starting quarterback will be. #bills http://bills.buffalonews.com/2016/10/10/49ers-still-dont-know-qb-kaepernick-ponder-gabbert-will-face-bills/

CubNm2FUIAAFpeN.jpg

Early NFL odds for Week 6
The Vegas oddsmakers have the Cowboys, Falcons opening as huge road underdogs.

49ers at Bills (Opening line: Bills, -7 points)

Current line: Bills, (-7.5 points). This will be a fascinating line to keep an eye on this week and that's mainly because we have no idea who the 49ers starting quarterback will be. Chip Kelly's not tipping his hand, which means that Blaine Gabbert, Colin Kaepernick or even Christian Ponder could be under center in Buffalo. Of course, it might not matter who the starter is. Since 2015, the 49ers are 1-5 straight-up in games that kick off at 1 p.m. ET. They're also just 2-6 ATS against AFC teams since 2014.

• Replies 265
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have low expectations for this game, but that's because it could be a trap game for the Bills. The one thing that keeps my hopes tempered is that the players showed that, despite playing a Rams team that they should definitely beat and knowing it, they still got themselves up and put in 100% effort. The trap games are losses when egos get in the way. They are wins when a team shows up ready to absolutely dominate. Let's hope they are reflective of their leaders on the field (Tyrod, Kyle, Corey) and that Rex has his ego in check and works with his coaches to create a winning gameplan and stays on the players throughout the week.

Edited by VanCity

I have low expectations for this game, but that's because it could be a trap game for the Bills. The one thing that keeps my hopes tempered is that the players showed that, despite playing a Rams team that they should definitely beat and knowing it, they still got themselves up and put in 100% effort. The trap games are losses when egos get in the way. They are wins when a team shows up ready to absolutely dominate. Let's hope they are reflective of their leader and that Rex has his ego in check and works with his coaches to create a winning gameplan and stays on the players throughout the week.

Trap game? Are the Bills looking ahead to the mighty Miami Dolphins? This trap game talk is an old tired myth.

I have low expectations for this game, but that's because it could be a trap game for the Bills. The one thing that keeps my hopes tempered is that the players showed that, despite playing a Rams team that they should definitely beat and knowing it, they still got themselves up and put in 100% effort. The trap games are losses when egos get in the way. They are wins when a team shows up ready to absolutely dominate. Let's hope they are reflective of their leader and that Rex has his ego in check and works with his coaches to create a winning gameplan and stays on the players throughout the week.

I am looking for total domination against a reeling SF team. I want this game to be so one sided that SF fires Chip Kelly before they play another game.

I am looking for total domination against a reeling SF team. I want this game to be so one sided that SF fires Chip Kelly before they play another game.

Could be a good spot for a blowout. A fractured team starting a new QB and coming east sounds like a recipe for disaster. Meanwhile, Buffalo should be riding high and playing infront of a crowd that has had 3 straight wins freshly served up.

Could be a good spot for a blowout. A fractured team starting a new QB and coming east sounds like a recipe for disaster. Meanwhile, Buffalo should be riding high and playing infront of a crowd that has had 3 straight wins freshly served up.

Sounds like a perfect time for the Bills to lay an egg.

We absolutely must win the next two games to have a shot.

I have low expectations for this game, but that's because it could be a trap game for the Bills. The one thing that keeps my hopes tempered is that the players showed that, despite playing a Rams team that they should definitely beat and knowing it, they still got themselves up and put in 100% effort. The trap games are losses when egos get in the way. They are wins when a team shows up ready to absolutely dominate. Let's hope they are reflective of their leaders on the field (Tyrod, Kyle, Corey) and that Rex has his ego in check and works with his coaches to create a winning gameplan and stays on the players throughout the week.

Was wondering when we would first hear this. Time to put an end to this myth.

Sounds like a perfect time for the Bills to lay an egg.

We absolutely must win the next two games to have a shot.

or win their 4th game in a row- since the team is playing pretty well right now.

Nick Wagoner - ESPN Staff Writer

The San Francisco 49ers made a couple of roster moves Monday morning, placing CB Chris Davis on injured reserve with a knee injury and signing CB JaCorey Shepherd to the active roster. Davis suffered the injury in last Thursday's loss to Arizona. He'd been one of the team's kick returners and nickel cornerbacks through the first five weeks.

ESPN: 49ers guard Joshua Garnett 'OK' in first extended playing time
San Francisco 49ers guard Joshua Garnett, a first-round pick, played 18 snaps in Week 5, and it stands to reason that he will play more moving forward.

ESPN NFL Insiders: Is Kaepernick the Spark the 49ers need? (1:40)

49ers.pngVS. bills.png

NFL.com Game PreviewCBS Sports Game Preview49ers at Bills Vegas LinesBills vs. 49ers HistoryNFL Week 6 Maps - Available on Wednesday

FOX Broadcast Team

Play-by-Play: Dick Stockton

Color Analyst: Chris Spielman

Sideline: Kristina Pink

ESPN: Niners hope time away will help them turn things around

Mike Rodak

Rex Ryan on 49ers next Sunday: "We don't know who their QB will be. It might be John Brodie." Makes reference to 49ers quarterback of 1960s.

As long as it's not Montana/Young!!!

Reading the 49ers forums, their fans believe they will lose if Gabbert starts, but that if Kap starts then they will blow us out.

They also chide Bills fans for thinking that Gabbert and Kap are on the same level as QBs. They feel that Kap is a far superior QB.

Reading the 49ers forums, their fans believe they will lose if Gabbert starts, but that if Kap starts then they will blow us out.

They also chide Bills fans for thinking that Gabbert and Kap are on the same level as QBs. They feel that Kap is a far superior QB.

AfroVegan has to be better than Yo Gabba Gabba but I'm not sure how good he is at this point. He was straight trash last year but seems like his "style" would fit Chip's O. I'm hoping they stick with Yo Gabba since there is film on him but I'm guessing it will be full AfroVegan on display.