I may never watch a Bills game again.

Dan

The last 2 weeks I've been unable to watch the game. 2 weeks ago I was in STX and without a tv. This past Sunday, I was driving a Uhaul to Chicago. And not only did we win, but we won convincingly.

I'm sorry Bills nation. I've watched every game since I got Sunday Ticket in 2003 (I didn't get it this year because I had zero confidence in Rex's ability to be competent). We've sucked since then. I've gone through every possible permutation of lucky shirt/hat/food/game day ritual possible. Nothing has worked... Till now. Although, I have streamed the WGR broadcast both weeks.. So I'm not completely tuned out.

It brings up an troubling delimma (I just watched the 4 falls of Buffalo), all I want is to watch our Bills in the Superbowl again. For my Mom, my sisters, my family, and all of us to experience that win. But, if they get there with me not watching... How can I watch the game? I can't can I.

I'm just glad the Bills are winning, even if I haven't actually seen it. ...and everyone can rest easy this week. I'll be working in NH and unable to watch this Sunday as well.

please dont watch again, please.

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Didn't we used to have (way back when, pre-Rivals) a codified set of rules governing this? Wasn't one of them that you could - indeed, were required to - change your ritual in instance of a loss?

Yes. If the Bills win, you don't change your routine until the season is over or there is a loss. So in my case, I must avoid seeing a game live.

The hero we need!

I have not been able to watch 3 of the last 4 games. I did see the nationally televised Patriots shutout, but I have not been able to stream and watch the other 3 wins.

So I think my pattern is, I can't stream a game again unless they lose (avert) but if it is televised over the air in this area I can watch it.

Tossing this out there...got a lucky Bills / Polish t-shirt I picked up during Dyngus Day. I've been wearing it the last 4 weeks, including under my Bills jersey in LA and BUF the last 2 weeks. I don't know what to do this week, I have to work this Sunday to cover some OT. I can't wear the red tee under my uniform (Correctional Officer)...only covering up until the first hour of the game, then for the remainder of the game it'll be on. I hope it'll still be good...not digging the fact I can't wear it for the full game. I hate breaking rituals.

My Bills T-shirt will be as stout as the Bills D-line if we keep winning. Luckily I didn't get any vomit on it this week when my buddy insisted on a shot after any Bills TD or take away +1 for Shadys good health, +1 +1 +1 for the final score. I can't do that anymore. The brats were better the first time!

Shirt will still be unwashed for the 5th game in a row!

Edited by SAMMY HANDWICH

Didn't we used to have (way back when, pre-Rivals) a codified set of rules governing this? Wasn't one of them that you could - indeed, were required to - change your ritual in instance of a loss?

Wasn't that called the MUT theorem or something. Can't remember what it stood for

Pick a second team to root for. You can never lose those "home team" ties....but rooting for second team will keep the NFL fun. I did that with manning and the broncos last year , how could you not love the old man and that D...anyways, my suggestion...on how to survive through these "same old Bills" games