Corey Graham rated as 5th best safety

Cover 1

Pro Football Focus has Corey Graham rated as the 5th best safety in the NFL. He has played much better so far. What do you guys think? He made a heck of a play versus the Cards last game. Great play design and execution by the team.

http://www.cover1.net/2016/09/corey-grahams-interception-vs-cardinals/

***If you have trouble viewing open in youtube***

Edited by Cover 1

He's been better in coverage this year than last, though not as noticeable in the run game (not sure that's a bad thing).

I'm hoping it's a comfort-level thing for him, and that we can expect continued improvement throughout the year.

Bad news is that I think this is most likely his last year with the team.

Pro Football Focus has Corey Graham rated as the 5th best safety in the NFL. He has played much better so far. What do you guys think? He made a heck of a play versus the Cards last game. Great play design and execution by the team.

http://www.cover1.net/2016/09/corey-grahams-interception-vs-cardinals/

***If you have trouble viewing open in youtube***

Looks like he intercepted, hit the ground without being touched & ended up out of bounds in the end zone. Shouldn't the ball then be placed on the 20 ?

He's been better in coverage this year than last, though not as noticeable in the run game (not sure that's a bad thing).

I'm hoping it's a comfort-level thing for him, and that we can expect continued improvement throughout the year.

Bad news is that I think this is most likely his last year with the team.

maybe ed reed has helped.

Safety play is critical, especially in Ryan's schemes. One of the things that stunted us last year was the injury to A Williams that prevented him and Graham from getting reps as a pair. It was Graham's first season at the position after all. Ed Reed, an offseason of film study and further familiarization with the concepts, plus the return of A Williams seems to have helped a lot. Hoping the trend continues.

I really like the play of Zach Brown- hope he keeps it rolling. Our LB's aint so bad.

Just think how much better it would be if we didn't loose Ragland... Give me some hope for next year though. but I agree the brown boys have played well.

Edited by gordong

so far so good for Graham and Williams. Duke does well in blitzing and tackling but god help us if he has to cover anyone. lets not get too ahead of ourselves though. what great QB's have we played so far? lets see how our safeties do once Brady comes back. Rothlesburger will be another big challenge. hopefully they can keep up this pace but it's a long season

Which play, the interception at the goal line? He made a great catch. One that wide receivers don't always make.

Yeah, like I said, Graham is above average. It was an impressive catch...but that catch never happens if Palmer makes the right read. Watch the replay in the OP. Robey follows and blankets the WR and Palmer does nothing to look off the safety. It was a nice catch by Graham, but a worse decision by Palmer. There was no pressure on him and he forced the throw.

Yeah, like I said, Graham is above average. It was an impressive catch...but that catch never happens if Palmer makes the right read. Watch the replay in the OP. Robey follows and blankets the WR and Palmer does nothing to look off the safety. It was a nice catch by Graham, but a worse decision by Palmer. There was no pressure on him and he forced the throw.

You could say that about every bad pass or INT. Palmer thought that Graham was going to drop deep into cover 2, but bc of the play call Graham was just reading Palmer and made a play on the ball. That wheel in combo is is very good vs cover 2. Look at the DBs alignment prior to snap. Looks like zone right? Palmer didnt expect Graham to drop he expected him to jump in route by Fitzy. Thought this was pretty cool.

https://twitter.com/cover1eturner/status/781637156095848448

Edited by Cover 1