Available FA kickers - Carp misses yet another XP

Freddie's Dead

Why doesn't he just tee the ball up in the middle? He has it on the right and then misses right. Is it not easier to just kick it straight?

Most R footed kickers last year took the Jason Elam advice and started kicking XP from the left hash aiming at the r upright. Just as they would want a FG. Why Carp still hasn't got the memo on that I don't know. Xp is now a 33yd FG and should be treated as such.

Silly. You just can't release a guy because he misses a random extra point. If he misses some critical 35-45 yard FG's? sure, but not an XP. Look around the league, Cleveland lost a game because a fill-in kicker missed 3 FG's. Aguayo down in Tampa was a 2nd round pick, never misses....and he is missing alot.

They'd be stupid to get rid of Carpenter at this point.

Silly. You just can't release a guy because he misses a random extra point. If he misses some critical 35-45 yard FG's? sure, but not an XP. Look around the league, Cleveland lost a game because a fill-in kicker missed 3 FG's. Aguayo down in Tampa was a 2nd round pick, never misses....and he is missing alot.

They'd be stupid to get rid of Carpenter at this point.

Look at last year. Since 2014, Carp has fallen off a cliff accuracy wise. Since the rule change, he's leading the league in missed XP's by a wide margin. He's gone from Money to Maybe. I love Kid Rock as much as anyone, but he needs to get back to 2014 reliability.

Most R footed kickers last year took the Jason Elam advice and started kicking XP from the left hash aiming at the r upright. Just as they would want a FG. Why Carp still hasn't got the memo on that I don't know. Xp is now a 33yd FG and should be treated as such.

I posted an article about this back in preseason.

We don't have what I would call a great special teams coach though, and I suspect that has some reflection in this being a lingering issue