Poach Belichick

QB Bills

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Crennell got to 10-6 with the freaking browns, mcdaniels won a playoff game with tebow, and o'brien made the playoffs last year (and i suspect he'll get there again this season). Mangini had a couple of winning seasons and a playoff appearance too. That's more than could be said for any bills coaches over the last decade and a half. Weis was a disaster, however.

Wasn't the roster that Rex took to back to back AFC Championships put together mostly by Mangini & crew? Maybe we should bring Mangini in as a GM instead of a coach.

How is he light years ahead?

What does he do that is so special?

I see the same offensive plays over and over and no team does anything about it.

The defense is good.

light years...no other coach in the NFL would have won that game, let alone shut out the other team.

special...he wins, repeatedly, regardless of the players available.

same offensive plays...The same offense works repeatedly because it has balanced responses to anything a defense will do to stop it. Eventually, Bill's offense puts you in a position where his player and your player are challenged to compete 1 on 1. May the best man win. Usually, NE's guy's make the play because they are accustomed to being challenged in such a fashion.

The defense was playoff caliber last night. He had them ready to go. He knew they would need to win it on the defensive side of the ball and they did.

Meh.

They only beat zona because they botched a kick. Miami rolled them in the 2nd half last week and Houston stinks.

They just lined up and played last night, there wasn't any coaching magic going on. Houston turnovers and Osweiler looked really inaccurate.

I honestly wouldn't want that sketchy bore anywhere near my team. Guys like Andy Reid, Wade, Arians, Chan--they make more of a difference.

Meh.

They only beat zona because they botched a kick. Miami rolled them in the 2nd half last week and Houston stinks.

They just lined up and played last night, there wasn't any coaching magic going on. Houston turnovers and Osweiler looked really inaccurate.

I honestly wouldn't want that sketchy bore anywhere near my team. Guys like Andy Reid, Wade, Arians, Chan--they make more of a difference.

Glad your not picking next HC Hoodie best ever

He's so crooked he needs two assistants to help him screw his pants on in the morning.

No thanks.

Just wondering why you think he's crooked. Seems that he knows how to coach. Something that we haven't had since Marv.

Meh.

Sorry, but you don't think that he had something to do with that? Rex would have kicked the ball out of the endzone on kickoffs. Hoodie obviously saw a weakness in the return game and took advantage of it.

I think Hoodie was the first one to take advantage of the new kickoff rules. He is the master of exploiting unintended consequences.

i liked the comment one of the announcers made about Belichick being a Parcels disciple, he has the nickname of "One Snap" indicating a player needs one snap to be ready to come into the game. Brisket handing his td ball to Belichick pretty much tells you everything you need to know about his coaching ability....we can hate on him all we want, but great googily moogily, he has his teams ready for anything

ditto. He's also a RPI and SU guy. He may have some interest in the job.

interestingly anyone think the Pats*** success w/o Brady makes Brady look even more like a system QB?

Someone above asked what 'RPI' was

RPI = Rensselaer Polytechnic Institute.

Very unusual for an NFL coordinator to have attended and played football at not only a Division III school but one that is highly selective in terms of being a high end science and engineering school. I.e. a bunch of geeks.

And yes, I am an alumni and yes I realize him going to RPI is no way indicative him being a great head coach, but I'm allowed to be a homer here.

I revel in Belichick getting caught cheating, but being the hypocritical fan that i am allowed to be, I wish my team tried to push the boundary to try and win week in and week out. Kinda like nascar...who's gonna notice a millimeter lower spoiler on a car??? gotta try...that being said....screw that frigging cheater :D

Just wondering why you think he's crooked. Seems that he knows how to coach. Something that we haven't had since Marv.

Just wondering why anyone would think he's not. Caught cheating twice. Good coach? Sure. Pushes the envelope? Yup. Indecent as a three dollar bill? Hell yeah.