Is Rex forcing his players to stand for the Anthem?

Yeezus

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm gonna take a stab in the dark and guess that you're not black.

Of all the Police shootings in the country last year, over half of those shot were white. No reason to think this year is statistically any different. Yet we aren't spoon fed any narrative about those shootings of even made aware of them by the likes of CNN. Statistically, in a country of over 300 million, these shootings aren't a " thing". The media also doesn't point out that every one of these is investigated and even sent to a grand jury to determine if charges will be filed. Cops are not 007's out there. They are put into the justice system, but indemnified if they acted within the scope of their training and felt the perp was a threat to their safety or that of others. That is a different standard than a private citizen. It has to be or Cops would have no advantage over criminals in dangerous situations.

That is something only someone who has never been profiled would say.

Like I said, I'm pretty sure you're a white guy so you're speaking from a place of ignorance at best.

Watch some police videos that haven't been "accidentally" erased and you might get a small idea of what's going on.

Who are you and why are you talking to me?

What's going on is some citizens not complying with an officers commands . These are usually just instructions NOT to do something. Such as reach into any part of a vehicle, pants etc. usu just to keep ones hands where they can be seen. These shootings have little to do with the color of the individual. The decision to not follow instructions in a dangerous situation might have something to do with color, though. If they had complied, few if any of these incidents would have turned out as they did. Unfortunate, yes. Not nearly as epidemic as shootings by civilians though. That is why the BLM message is weak.

That is something only someone who has never been profiled would say.

Like I said, I'm pretty sure you're a white guy so you're speaking from a place of ignorance at best.

Watch some police videos that haven't been "accidentally" erased and you might get a small idea of what's going on.

Who are you and why are you talking to me?

I have been profiled many times. What do you want to know?

Because most of the country is a racist sh**pile is the short answer.

And what does this specifically have to do with policing standards? The key word here is 'specifically.'

Unless you get paid to write this crap....you got another job....doesnt keep you from mouthing your mind

Mouthing my opinion on a message board designed to mouth your opinion. Seems appropriate. People come here almost exclusively for that purpose.

What I don't do is mouth my opinion to people who have paid me for the services my company provides. In fact, virtually no one in my industry does this, and if they do, say, in a place like LinkedIn, people immediately tell them to take their stupidity elsewhere, regardless of what side of the political spectrum they fall.

Because pretty much no one wants to hear it outside of the places that are designed for them to hear it.

Of all the Police shootings in the country last year, over half of those shot were white. No reason to think this year is statistically any different. Yet we aren't spoon fed any narrative about those shootings of even made aware of them by the likes of CNN. Statistically, in a country of over 300 million, these shootings aren't a " thing". The media also doesn't point out that every one of these is investigated and even sent to a grand jury to determine if charges will be filed. Cops are not 007's out there. They are put into the justice system, but indemnified if they acted within the scope of their training and felt the perp was a threat to their safety or that of others. That is a different standard than a private citizen. It has to be or Cops would have no advantage over criminals in dangerous situations.

What's going on is some citizens not complying with an officers commands . These are usually just instructions NOT to do something. Such as reach into any part of a vehicle, pants etc. usu just to keep ones hands where they can be seen. These shootings have little to do with the color of the individual. The decision to not follow instructions in a dangerous situation might have something to do with color, though. If they had complied, few if any of these incidents would have turned out as they did. Unfortunate, yes. Not nearly as epidemic as shootings by civilians though. That is why the BLM message is weak.

I very much like the way you worded this. There's a growing defiance against police officers and that's not the answer and it comes from certain communities that don't think police have the right to tell them what to do.

And I'm pretty sure that your aren't a cop, and you don't have an understanding of how police officers are trained to respond to resistance. It goes without saying that you probably haven't been in a physical confrontation with a criminal who doesn't want to go back to jail. Which would make your position full of....oh, I dunno...ignorance?

And I'm pretty sure that your aren't a cop, and you don't have an understanding of how police officers are trained to respond to resistance. It goes without saying that you probably haven't been in a physical confrontation with a criminal who doesn't want to go back to jail. Which would make your position full of....oh, I dunno...ignorance?

Really he sounds like he's either a criminal, in support of criminals, or some priveledged kid that thinks he knows all about the oppressive issues that real criminals and thugs go through on a daily basis (of course at nobody's fault but their own). Edited by mrags

Too many ex felons who carry a gun (some for protection) who do not want to go back to prison .

Mental health or on drugs to not comply even when unarmed. Taser or back off , contain, wait for enough back up to over power .

Ideally a living wage job for everyone who wants to work might prevent a lot of problems. JMO

Too many ex felons who carry a gun (some for protection) who do not want to go back to prison .

Mental health or on drugs to not comply even when unarmed. Taser or back off , contain, wait for enough back up to over power .

Ideally a living wage job for everyone who wants to work might prevent a lot of problems. JMO

what is this even saying?

If you're suggesting that there is justification for what happened by the felon w a gun... wha?

And further if that dude has a gun and police are there why the !@#$ should they just wait for a guy with a recordtto have others come...? What

Also

http://www.facebook.com/NowThisNews/videos/1172851976138258/

Felons are not permitted to own a firearm.

If someone pulls a gun on the police, the police need to shoot them.

How much should we pay non-skilled labor in order to avoid crime and social strife?

Ex-felons should not be putting themselves in a position where their activities could send them back to prison. They need to take personal responsibility for their own actions; something their original stint in prison should have taught them.

This is an unreasonable demand of police. You cannot ask them to make the situations they approach even more life threatening to themselves than they already are. When a man armed with a gun in non-compliant with officers, it is a very reasonable assumption on the part of the officers that the armed individual poses them an immediate lethal risk. It is very reasonable that the officers shoot the individual.

And who employs these people?

As a business owner, I don't want to employ drug using ex-felons who served time in prison for firing a gun at police officers in the past.

Edited by TakeYouToTasker

Ex-felons should not be putting themselves in a position where their activities could send them back to prison. They need to take personal responsibility for their own actions; something their original stint in prison should have taught them.

This is an unreasonable demand of police. You cannot ask them to make the situations they approach even more life threatening to themselves than they already are. When a man armed with a gun in non-compliant with officers, it is a very reasonable assumption on the part of the officers that the armed individual poses them an immediate lethal risk. It is very reasonable that the officers shoot the individual.

And who employs these people?

As a business owner, I don't want to employ drug using ex-felons who served time in prison for firing a gun at police officers in the past.

Bigot!